EA Forums - Banner

The game logged me out and now it won't let me log back in..

2Next

Replies

• sjsebayacc131
    2074 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Yep, I was struck by this yestrday. Fortunately the password reset worked for me, except I now cant get into scrabble.

It struck my other half this morning only his origin email address is out of date and no longer accessible so he cant use the password reset!

If he knows the answers to his security questions EA can get him back in.
    yeh, but how does he get hold of EA? He was on a wait list for chat support which then suddenly "expired" and a message that char support wasn't available

I usually use chat or have them call me if given the option. I waited for chat for 30 minutes and got the email so I closed it. The time kept jumping up and down. I suggest he keep trying chat until it works.

Edit:

He could try emailing them too.
  • Yep, I was struck by this yestrday. Fortunately the password reset worked for me, except I now cant get into scrabble.

It struck my other half this morning only his origin email address is out of date and no longer accessible so he cant use the password reset!

yeh, but how does he get hold of EA? He was on a wait list for chat support which then suddenly "expired" and a message that char support wasn't available

I usually use chat or have them call me if given the option. I waited for chat for 30 minutes and got the email so I closed it. The time kept jumping up and down. I suggest he keep trying chat until it works.

Edit:

We arent in the US. There is never a call back option or even an email option. I have chosen to report myself as an abusive scrabble player (for the second time) because all the other help options lead you in blind circles.
  • Yep, I was struck by this yestrday. Fortunately the password reset worked for me, except I now cant get into scrabble.

Probably from a high volume of the same thing. May be a precautionary measure for weak or duplicate passwords

Edit:

We arent in the US. There is never a call back option or even an email option. I have chosen to report myself as an abusive scrabble player (for the second time) because all the other help options lead you in blind circles.

Yikes. That stinks. I don't know what to tell you except keep trying.

Can he reset the password on his original email he used to set up his EA account?
  • I have been trying all day for an email for a password reset
    Same problem here. Requested a password reset about 15 minutes ago but haven't even got an email yet.

I requested multiple times and still haven't received anything. I'm waiting for someone on EA Chat. It's a long wait.

RIT9ebV.png
    Simpsonare wrote: »
    But changing the password I wouldn't understand. Maybe it's a Flag from EA

Screen shot from the email I received.

3kTFcFO.png

I have the exact email from EA at 3am this morning and expired by the time I tried the reset. I have been trying all day to get an email for password reset and nothing received. Finally found another way to reset EA account on another forum. For anyone that has ever played or created an account for SWTOR, just go to SWTOR website and choose change password, you'll receive an email in seconds, change it and you'll be able to login to EA. This might work for any other affiliated games with EA too. Good Luck, and now I can finally get back to Tapped Out.

• I got it too - finally managed to reset my password and get back in to, thankfully, an untouched town and my donuts still there (phew)
  • Yep, my other half has now had two password reset emails sent to his new email address. Each one he clicked on the link within minutes of receiving the email to be told the link had expired. EA have obviously bought themselves a big headache.
  • phillyphan595
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Same problem here. Requested a password reset about 15 minutes ago but haven't even got an email yet.

Took 3.5 hours to get the email but I'm back in and all good now.
  • Hi all , I have the same issue the game logged me out 2 days ago the problem is the email address hasn't worked for 2 years so reset password can't help , spoken to help twice and told to just wait it will get fixed sooner or latter , I'm scared of it being hacked , but reading through everyone's post that doesn't look to be happening , any other suggestion would be so appreciated, or I will be calling tomorrow .
  • Hi, happened to me last night, got EA email about password change, could not get into tapped out, had to re-set password and got back in, everything ok, but can not log into scrabble?. Don't know if its a hack or some EA glitch
  • Hi, happened to me last night, got EA email about password change, could not get into tapped out, had to re-set password and got back in, everything ok, but can not log into scrabble?. Don't know if its a hack or some EA glitch
    I still cant log into scrabble either, I got a blah blah blah email saying "we know about it and will fix it a soon as we have finished our bets on which glacier moves the fastest".
  • Happened to me last Saturday in the morning and the reset email came on Sunday. The most terrible weekend ever
  • Always on my iPad. I just tap play. I think this is a fluke. Don't sweat it.
  • I am in the same situation. Has anyone tried to just wait and see if it fixes itself? Maybe just a bug?
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • @anaquarind - the times I've been logged out and couldn't log back in, I waited a little bit and found it would let me log back in.

I should note tho, I've heard of cases where waiting hasn't worked. And I haven't been logged out recently.
  • @suetopia yeah I'll wait a bit. Doubt it's a hack or anything.
  • anaquarind wrote: »
    I am in the same situation. Has anyone tried to just wait and see if it fixes itself? Maybe just a bug?

Do you have a different device to try it out on?
  • moxxee wrote: »
    anaquarind wrote: »
    I am in the same situation. Has anyone tried to just wait and see if it fixes itself? Maybe just a bug?

Do you have a different device to try it out on?

Good idea, but I had an (odd) resolution just now. I was set on waiting and then got an email for a password reset. It was pretty unnerving since I never requested one so I thought it might be some phishing attempt. But the link went to ea.com so I proceeded. Looking back I think I must have hit the password reset button by accident on the login screen? Very strange.

At any rate, it's working now.

• I'm having this issue too. I was able to reset my password and get back in tsto, but my scrabble game is still saying "incorrect password or email". It would be nice if someone from EA would actually reply to our posts with some answers. I've been without my scrabble for 3 days, and I see no way to fix it.
  • Yes, it should be noted that TSTO works for me after the reset, but I have been unable to log into my Scrabble games as well.