EA Forums - Banner

Infinite "Bonus Level !" Glitch

Prev1
I had the same harp glitch as everyone else so I tried using my iPhone 5 like others have suggested. After about 10 minutes, it loaded! For the first time since Saturday. The Bonus Level Up mini-game comes up and I get 3 donuts. Every time I click collect, I get my donuts and it pops up again. And again. So far I've harvested over 100 extra donuts. At this point I'm just curious to know how long this will go on but I don't want to get kicked out for cheating when this is clearly a bug. I'm happy to give my free donuts back but don't want to get accused of cheating. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes!! Most got hundreds of donuts.

Replies

• PetersRevenge
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:

Wow. I'd keep going but I'd feel guilty...
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    Cute on how no one is giving credit to other board that figured this over 2 1/2 days ago by docno42.

Wonder where you got the idea from?

http://tstappedout.proboards.com/thread/56/frozen-harps?page=9
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:

Wow. I'd keep going but I'd feel guilty...

Nobody else did. Plus this time around its not even wrecking people's xp. Search for bonus donut glitch if you want more info.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Cute on how no one is giving credit to other board that figured this over 2 1/2 days ago by docno42.

What are you talking about?
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm talking about me reading docno42's OG post, using my phone to play around, and making it work. All of a sudden this board has 34 other posts about how to fix the harp issue amongst the other 46 new add me threads and no one gives credit.

New board makes more sense every day. Sorry not trolling.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited February 2013
    What difference does credit make? Sure, it came be a fun fact at times, but it's often irrelevant. It's not like everyone is explicitly taking credit for something they read and demanding thanks or Christmas cards. Even then, it's not too hard to imagine that more than one person figured out the same thing.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    From what I can tell, no one is trying to take credit for anything in this thread.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    dromtsul wrote:
    What difference does credit make? Sure, it came be a fun fact at times, but it's often irrelevant. It's not like everyone is explicitly taking credit for something they read. Even then, it's not too hard to imagine that more than one person figured out the same thing.

Just different vibe over there. More communal. This one feels like Lord of the Flies.

Giving credit matters over there. Just respect. Maybe that's the difference.

• mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited February 2013
    Some people take this game, and forum way too seriously.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    Level: 26
    Newest Building: SF Observatory
    Newest Character: Otto
    Currently building: Nothing (Buying land)
    Valentine Progress: Completed
    Best Mystery Box: SVT
    Biggest Scratchcard win: $10'000
    Playing Since: Sept 12'
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm asking philosophically, not specifically about the other universe. The TC wasn't even taking credit. They said they saw others mention it. If this thread is about anything, it's the morality of capitalizing on a glitch.

This forum no longer has that feel because the ones creating the animosity have left. It's now what you'd expect from a help forum based on a tap-and-wait game. The community is gone. The problem before was everyone was locked into one room with no control and couldn't breathe without huffing each others flatulence.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    dromtsul wrote:
    I'm asking philosophically, not specifically about the other universe. The TC wasn't even taking credit. They said they saw others mention it. If this thread is about anything, it's the morality of capitalizing on a glitch.

This forum no longer has that feel because the ones creating the animosity have left. It's now what you'd expect from a help forum based on a tap-and-wait game. The community is gone. The problem before was everyone was locked into one room with no control and couldn't breathe without huffing each others flatulence.

I remember you as from back in the day and good to hear from you. I do recognize we also inherited some drama people over there. I have no idea what that drama was that made the shift as I was virtually checked out when I was locked out for the better part of three weeks. For right now it just works. I have no idea if will stay as my initial 6 months on here drove me to lurking with the nonstop repetitive add me threads and no organization or care from EA.

I like the way it is over there now. I come here and see the same clutter I saw before. Just my opinion.

• sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I like the people over at the other forum, so I'm not gonna assume your statements are theirs.

But what I get you are saying is....

The other forum is about getting credit....

Ask anyone at the other forum, I'm all about helping others. It's why I am at this forum, and why some regular members of the other forum still come here too.

That's all that was happening in this thread. I haven't taken credit for anything.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    I like the people over at the other forum, so I'm not gonna assume your statements are theirs.

But what I get you are saying is....

The other forum is about getting credit....

Ask anyone at the other forum, I'm all about helping others. It's why I am at this forum, and why some regular members of the other forum still come here too.

That's all that was happening in this thread. I haven't taken credit for anything.

Not my point Sherry. Just seems like nothing has changed here that drove me to lurking. Over there its more communal, over here its more about self promotion. I know you probably think I am being trollish or combative but I really see why they started the other thread after being on this one for the last 5 months.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
    Not my point Sherry. Just seems like nothing has changed here that drove me to lurking. Over there its more communal, over here its more about self promotion. I know you probably think I am being trollish or combative but I really see why they started the other thread after being on this one for the last 5 months.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited February 2013
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    You must be tired. It's late here too. Off to bed.

BTW...I had personal invites over there.......I just like the quiet.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited February 2013
    I am both boards...... i like to put it about ;) lol

Persoanally i dont see the problem, i dont believe people are posting on the other fourm for the purpose of getting credited. People over there are doing the same as over here......helping people where they can :)

I dont think it really matters if someone posted it a few days ago or before someone else, it really doesnt matter.

All that matters is that people pass on their findings to help others :)

Im not saying this to start trouble or having a pop at people just my opinion thats all.
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited February 2013

Hey Josh,

If you check the below thread:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/150/9300602.page

you'll find a post by Retcon93, with the inspiration for the Harp Glitch fix, on the 18th, 2 days before the thread you mentioned. I'll highlight it below:

02/18/2013 20:19:25
    Retcon93 wrote:
    Just managed to get back in after leaving it on the loading screen. I should mention though, that it would simply crash after five minutes on my iPad 2, but my iPhone 5 stayed on for 20 minutes until it managed to get back in. I wonder if the people that cannot get back in no matter what have older devices? (As in, the ones that have their app crash when trying to get past the harp)

You and Docno might have come up with it independently, but still later. So really, if we're giving credit, (and I completely agree with Neo and Sherry that this forum is about helping people, not about 'credit'), then the credit should go to Retcon93.

Lawyered.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.