EA Forums - Banner

Glitch

There has been one friend named marissabunny a great neighbor but whenever I go her town I can't move and other neighbors work

Replies

• I have a different neighbor that I have the same issue. I can see the town but there are no icons present and it is just frozen. I can back out of it and go to other towns, but I can't tap anything.
  • This sort of happened to me twice with two different neighbors. The screen would freeze briefly and the menu would vanish. However, the menu just randomly comes back after a few seconds. I could move the screen around; but I could not tap anything.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • langeliera79
    80 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    There are just no buttons is there anything I can do
  • Also happens to me with a visitor near end of list (starts with V-). Have to close game and re-open.

btw, you may want to be more specific in your Subject line so people can better determine if they want to read the thread or not. Just saying "glitch" is very vague.
  • I have one neighbor the same situation, i just hid that neighbor for the time being
  • Drop them, then if you want to get them back as a neighbor send them a request.
  • It it a possibility that they have a huge Springfield and the device that you play on can't handle it, I recently had to stop playing on my old tab 3 as my town was no longer playable on that device although several neighbours would work fine when visiting them.
  • I had two more neighbors that glitched today. I looked to see when they last played and all of them haven't played for two weeks or more. I am not sure if this is part of the reason there is an issue. I know it isn't a device issue because my device is new and I have neighbors with much bigger towns than the ones that aren't working.
  • I have one neighbour where that happens. It always worked after waiting about five minutes.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I had two more neighbors that glitched today. I looked to see when they last played and all of them haven't played for two weeks or more. I am not sure if this is part of the reason there is an issue. I know it isn't a device issue because my device is new and I have neighbors with much bigger towns than the ones that aren't working.

It's certainly possible that something in one of the updates added some code that is causing loading problems with neighbours that don't have it as the game could carry on searching for it and not finding that piece of code could keep it searching over and over causing lag to the loading, well in theory anyway.
  • Thz for the advice
  • Well a few months back my game would crash (well it always did this but this is when I fixed it) when I visited a few random neighbors. I started to actually pay attention to which town was doing it and saw it was usually someone who hadn't played in a while. I begrudgingly went thru my friends and deleted anyone who hadn't played I dunno maybe 50 weeks at first. Was a sad day, even if they didn't play anymore I liked their names or for whatever reason I kept them around. It was a weird nostalgia. I think I eventually drew the line at 30 weeks, but anywho I didn't crash anymore. I think their games were just so outdated it was crashing mine.

Now I basically never crash visiting friends. Before I have never made it all the way thru my 100 friends list without crashing (since the game came out). And now I can. I'm sure I don't have 100 friends anymore but seems pointless to fill up the list since events don't require you to go thru all 100 anymore. Last event felt like 10 visits was enough before it stopped droppin event items.

So long story short, it's likely there is some difference in what version of the game they are on and what version yours is on that is making you crash I'd guess you'd either have to hide them or delete them from your list.