EA Forums - Banner

What Changed With the Homerpalooza Takedown and County Fair Updates? Update: 9/20 Patch 2

Replies

• If you havent completed the event and it activates including the sale otherwise no

So, if I completed the event, but didn't buy Astronaut Barney, I won't be given the opportunity to purchase his skin? That seems a little strange.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • Well I purchased everything when it was originally released so looks like I'll be spending more time with Futurama than the Simpsons for the time being :( really, really hope that there is at least a few bits of new content when it finally drops.
  • Well I purchased everything when it was originally released so looks like I'll be spending more time with Futurama than the Simpsons for the time being :( really, really hope that there is at least a few bits of new content when it finally drops.

season premiere's episode tie-in is coming at the end of this minievent for sure
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord

season premiere's episode tie-in is coming at the end of this minievent for sure

Yaaaaay!!! New stuff B)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • wiedmannaj wrote: »
    If you havent completed the event and it activates including the sale otherwise no

So, if I completed the event, but didn't buy Astronaut Barney, I won't be given the opportunity to purchase his skin? That seems a little strange.

I am with you. I didn't have to donuts for Astronaut Barney at the time, but I would buy him now and can't.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Well I purchased everything when it was originally released so looks like I'll be spending more time with Futurama than the Simpsons for the time being :( really, really hope that there is at least a few bits of new content when it finally drops.

Yaaaaay!!! New stuff B)

I really hope so.
    Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase for your designs. I try to keep it alive.
    If you havent completed the event and it activates including the sale otherwise no

How so? People who played through the event previously were offered the content and now others playing through who didn't do so before get the same offer. Seems fair.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Well I purchased everything when it was originally released so looks like I'll be spending more time with Futurama than the Simpsons for the time being :( really, really hope that there is at least a few bits of new content when it finally drops.

Yaaaaay!!! New stuff B)
    Tie-ins usually don't have much of anything. Just 1 or 2 items most of the times we've had tie-ins.....
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

Yaaaaay!!! New stuff B)
    Tie-ins usually don't have much of anything. Just 1 or 2 items most of the times we've had tie-ins.....

Its better than nothing though.
    Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase for your designs. I try to keep it alive.
  • Castiel19x wrote: »

Going off the episode synopsis; we may see an Ice Walker skin/costume for Mrs. Bouvier perhaps.

Plus, this quote-unquote "castle" as a building?
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.

How so? People who played through the event previously were offered the content and now others playing through who didn't do so before get the same offer. Seems fair.

Did I say it was unfair? or did I say it seemed strange? Anyway, the players who didn't play through the event before are getting him for a lot cheaper than those of us who played the event (and had Barney already).
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
    wiedmannaj wrote: »

Did I say it was unfair? or did I say it seemed strange? Anyway, the players who didn't play through the event before are getting him for a lot cheaper than those of us who played the event (and had Barney already).

What is strange about fairness?
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited September 2017

Guys, seriously, don't fall out over this, you both have valid points, yes it's nice for newer players such as me to have a chance of gathering some things I wasn't around to get previously and yes it would be nice if they allowed people who had played them before the chance to also participate in the sale as they would like a chance to obtain things they couldn't get first time around for whatever reason...

Please let's wait and see what actually happens first before it ends up all 'Kim Jong vs Trump' around here...
  • updated
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord

Guys, seriously, don't fall out over this, you both have valid points, yes it's nice for newer players such as me to have a chance of gathering some things I wasn't around to get previously and yes it would be nice if they allowed people who had played them before the chance to also participate in the sale as they would like a chance to obtain things they couldn't get first time around for whatever reason...

Please let's wait and see what actually happens first before it ends up all 'Kim Jong vs Trump' around here...

I thought it was a harmless question and I hold absolutely no animosity toward @wiedmannaj . This seems like an unnecessary escalation. Dougie Dave, are you covertly just a Russian bot farm? :p
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    1pillform wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

Yaaaaay!!! New stuff B)

Oatmeal's better than no meal. :relaxed:

Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • @LPNintendoITA I just got on Simpson's and there was a in-game update
  • Omg so much good news. I've had arnie with the stonecutter costume in to avoid flying tasks and stored Norbert because of his flying tasks. I like to send everyone not doing specific things on 4 hour tasks. When I had got the fairy costume for the alien I was disappointed it was a flying task cause then I would never get to use the costume cause flying tasks irked me so. Guess I'll dust Norbert off and bring him out again.

The only request I'd have for tapped out and I dunno if it's possible is if they let us change a buildings facade ONLY when we are in the town editing mode. I'm so tired of clicking a building and trying to exit it by hitting the arrow or the X, to have it change the facade to xmas lights version of the building instead. It happens so much. Happens with character skins too but with the addition of sometimes I try to start a task and it thinks I swiped to their next skin. It's just a little annoyance for me. Maybe I have big fingers so only happens to me I dunno. Not sure how you could fix it for characters, but they could put building facades into the town edit mode. Also you could just minimize the skin selection portion but half the time you accidentally hut that button and reopen it so it's still a problem lol.
  • If you havent completed the event and it activates including the sale otherwise no

This would be incredibly lame on EAs part. I'm hoping it isn't so as I would assume that EAs goal is to get players to spend a ton of donuts and buy more.

The only items that stick out for me are astronaut Barney and the vehicle pile up. I'm sure they would turn up eventually but I want them now.
  • Festival fence appears to be permanently in the store now...