EA Forums - Banner

got screwed with mystery box

Don't gamble. Buy what you want and be happy. I have three benches with blue shirts on them and at least four trees with swings on them.

Replies

• felicity2092
    162 posts
    edited February 2013
    Haha!
  • killeru666ba
    113 posts
    edited February 2013
    Contact EA, they will be more than Happy to give you a refund, and then some!
  • zZZzMiKEzZZz
    23 posts
    edited February 2013
    The mystery box very rarely gets you something useful, let alone premium items. Apart from the awesome lemon tree i only got parking lots, brown fences, hedges and the like.

The homer buddha on the other hand most of the time gives you premium items. But mostly of the cheaper kind (e.g. white fences, flower planters, etc.)
    I'm not quite sold on the homer buddha neither, since it costs a whopping 15 donuts...
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited February 2013
    People should stop buying mystery boxes! They're terrible!
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    I've only ever bought 2 and got a white fence and a tree so I gave up :-)
  • schmoozanne
    42 posts
    edited February 2013
    I got an apple tree from a Homer Buddha. I was a bit miffed but then I got really sad when I realized it doesn't even give you money or xp like the lemon tree...
  • glennsoe
    202 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Contact EA, they will be more than Happy to give you a refund, and then some!

Are you sure about that ?

I've been waiting for help since late december....Been in contact with them and have been promised both a speedy and a VIP treatment...

Still waiting...
  • ickshter
    117 posts
    edited February 2013
    Budda has a CHANCE of giving you 30/60/150 doughnuts. Also could get you Frinks lab. But 90% of the time you get white fences, green dumpsters and trees, The apple trees do give you bonuses towards how much money and XP you get from OTHER items, it is like .2% increase though... Get a orchard of them though... ;)

• booEArns
    18 posts
    edited February 2013
    Only Buddha's give you premium items "every time", not Mystery Boxes.

I got screwed outta playing the game for +8 days, and likely all my hearts, too
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    ickshter wrote:
    Budda has a CHANCE of giving you 30/60/150 doughnuts. Also could get you Frinks lab. But 90% of the time you get white fences, green dumpsters and trees, The apple trees do give you bonuses towards how much money and XP you get from OTHER items, it is like .2% increase though... Get a orchard of them though... ;)

90% is slightly exaggerated. I have purchased about 10 Homer Buddhas and recieved, SVT, Moleman, 60 Doughnuts, 3 Burning Bushes, Mystery Box(with tree -.-), 30 Doughnuts, Apple Tree, Bench w/ jacket. I think I'm pretty lucky with my ones :D
  • sellhigh378
    202 posts
    edited February 2013
    tools1983 wrote:
    I bought the donut mystery box cause i thought i was going to get a premium item insteadi got a freaking tree? Is that normal. wasted 6 donuts for a tree

Welcome to the "all TSTO boxes/Homer Budda" prizes suck club, chances are about 1 in 30 of getting anything good.
  • ickshter
    117 posts
    edited February 2013
    dominic115 wrote:

90% is slightly exaggerated. I have purchased about 10 Homer Buddhas and recieved, SVT, Moleman, 60 Doughnuts, 3 Burning Bushes, Mystery Box(with tree -.-), 30 Doughnuts, Apple Tree, Bench w/ jacket. I think I'm pretty lucky with my ones :D

I am Talking overall. I got Moleman, Professor. And some doughnuts. the thing I noticed, is it is only a FEW premium characters. once you get them they are not replaced. so the more you get the less chance you have of getting something "good"
  • wolfman905
    35 posts
    edited February 2013
    A few weeks back I got 30 donuts in my mystery box!! :shock:

Been playing for over a year and that's the first time i got anything good from
    that box (other than a lemon tree after they took away the lemon tree stealing abilities)
  • icbeacon
    62 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, the Mystery Boxes have been a complete wash for me, too. Keep waiting for something "premium", yet all I get are trees and benches. My hard earned donuts for THAT?? ..... what a &@$# scam!
  • daved7630
    20 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm 2 for 2 on the Buddha I got moleman and the squeaky teen. I was going to try a third time, but after reading this I don't think I'll press my luck
  • Calerock
    312 posts
    edited February 2013
    It's like the lottery.
    If you only buy one box at a time, your not going to have good chances.
    But if you buy 10 at once, your chances to get something good are high
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013
    Calerock wrote:
    It's like the lottery.
    If you only buy one box at a time, your not going to have good chances.
    But if you buy 10 at once, your chances to get something good are high

Not true.

Buying a lot of something with crappy odds does not improve your chances of winning. It still comes down to 1 * box.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.