EA Forums - Banner

How do I add a gif as my avatar?

Prev1
I asked this in FAQ, but since no one responded I'll ask here.
How do I add a gif? I tried saving gif and then uploading it. Didn't work. I don't see any other options.

Replies

• Castiel_Touk
    4728 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    gif's no longer work with this forum any more. Some members still have them as avatars from the old forums but once they change there gone for good.
    Will be still playing the game but I've given up on the this fourm, goodbye.
  • Unfortunately vanilla forums don’t support gifs as avi’s I did read that on a Q&A on their website
  • huge scam, much disappoint, very let down.
    they can add these goofy buttons at the bottom of each post (which all mean the same thing) but they can't let you have a .gif as an avatar...
  • Perhaps this hosting site was cheaper than the last one. Who knows
  • 0Brooders0
    2194 posts Member
    edited September 2017

Why is it vanilla flavour? :p
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »

Because they don't like other flavours so we are stuck with vanilla. :joy:
  • From my understanding gif avatar don't work on Vanilla based forums due to it not being able to resize them properly.
  • huge scam, much disappoint, very let down.
    they can add these goofy buttons at the bottom of each post (which all mean the same thing) but they can't let you have a .gif as an avatar...

My impression is that this is becoming more and more the norm. Twitter, for example, banned new GIF avatars back in 2012 and just recently closed a loophole that allowed their continued creation. I’ve frankly never cared one way or another, but animated avatars bug the cr^p out of some people. They were the occasional target of complaints on this forum back when they were allowed.

• Castiel19x wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

I have never really been a fan of vanilla. I wish it was chocolate.
  • I have one! And I like vanilla :D
  • k1wajiS.gif
    ;;;;;
  • Obviously it is possible for a gif to be displayed at one’s avatar. For some reason they’re unable/unwilling to make it an option for users.

• meinaz wrote: »
    Castiel19x wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

I have never really been a fan of vanilla. I wish it was chocolate.

mmmm chocolate :p
  • moxxee wrote: »
    Obviously it is possible for a gif to be displayed at one’s avatar. For some reason they’re unable/unwilling to make it an option for users.
    Exactly. It's possible. Just look at those on this page with one! They're even resized.

Eh, shrug.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I was really glad that I'd left my gif avatar on before it switched :)
  • spyder1952850
    1098 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I know I'm going to hate myself for writing this, but the solution is to use Frink's Chrono trike to go back in time to before this version of the forum, make yourself a gif avatar, attach it to your name and then travel back and then you will have a gif avatar! Simple.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    moxxee wrote: »
    Obviously it is possible for a gif to be displayed at one’s avatar. For some reason they’re unable/unwilling to make it an option for users.
    Exactly. It's possible. Just look at those on this page with one! They're even resized.

Eh, shrug.

Perhaps someone should create a strongly-worded post with the title starting with “Hey EA......”

What do you think, sirs?

• "Lieutenant Dan, ice cream!"
  • C0rgano
    442 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I know I'm going to hate myself for writing this, but the solution is to use Frink's Chrono trike to go back in time to before this version of the forum, make yourself a gif avatar, attach it to your name and then travel back and then you will have a gif avatar! Simple.

well, I'll give that a shot.... here goes nothing....

edit: it worked! Thanks Professor Frink!

• moxxee wrote: »
    simp7fan wrote: »
    moxxee wrote: »

Eh, shrug.

Perhaps someone should create a strongly-worded post with the title starting with “Hey EA......”

What do you think, sirs?
    I believe that's the only way to get what you want. Well, include the words "glitch found" and you're golden.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.