EA Forums - Banner

Saving for THOH means I'm not building anything...

and it's kind of making me crazy.

I've got Luigi's, the Gilded Truffle and the sea captain's Houseboat waiting to be built, but because THOH will be my first event I want to have as much $ saved up as possible. Doing the math, those buildings wouldn't generate the amount I'd spend on them, so they'll have to sit in the store for now.

The waiting for this new event is deliciously hard. lol

Replies

• There's usually not much you can buy with cash $ besides a few decorations. It always donuts you need.
    Will be still playing the game but I've given up on the this fourm, goodbye.
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    There's usually not much you can buy with cash $ besides a few decorations. It always donuts you need.

Yeah. Pretty much everything related to events is extraneous. Unless it's stated that the building/decoration/character/skin is vital to the plot. In which case; you'll get it for free, or via event crafting currency.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    There's usually not much you can buy with cash $ besides a few decorations. It always donuts you need.

I only have 41 donuts, so this event could be a giant disappointment. Now I'm sad.
  • I would recommend playing through the quests rather than waiting as more buildings means more characters unlocking. :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • beastlymm wrote: »
    Castiel19x wrote: »

I only have 41 donuts, so this event could be a giant disappointment. Now I'm sad.

You have a week or so to build your sprinkles up a bit. Honestly; you should just sit back and enjoy the ride your first major event will give you.

There's always next year's THOH.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • If you are on android try Google Opinion Rewards app from the playstore. You answer short surveys to get money towards spending on donuts. I always do a tsto scratch card once I have 99p credit. Every little helps.

Or if there's something you really want when THOH hits spend a bit on donuts. Treat it as if this is your hobby. If you love the game why not spend money on it? I have :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • OP the only thing I can suggest is pay for the donuts in game. But they are not cheep. Just keep plugging away. Don’t forget your daily challenges they give out donuts too. If you’ve got a cash task you can swap it and you might get donuts. I’ve built mine up through that way
  • I feel that it is more important for you to complete those level quests and get all those buildings and characters unlocked And less important for you is THOH.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.

I wouldn't be sad. Nothing in the actual event will require Donuts. It is only the additional stuff they put up in the store to compliment it that costs the Donuts.

You might buy something extra, you might not. But if you have the time to login regularly then you WILL end up with everything the event offers.

Enjoy.

• i started during halloween last year half way through act 1. i completed act 2 and 3 easily. just missed act one by a day. I would build those buildings as you can get more characters. more characters means more money coming in also, not just the income from the buildings.
  • I wouldn't worry about buildings that don't have characters but you should probably continue to add characters to your town. You never know who might actually help during the event. The children are usually used during Halloween.
  • Events are all about having enough characters to grind the tasks - you want to get as many characters as you can before the event starts because they'll be needed.
  • I was trying to save donuts up for Halloween but then Knightboats 2% for 30 donuts came out in the Vault so that was a quick was to spend the savings.

The first big event I hit I had maybe 3 donuts. That is what spurred me into action. Play as often as you can, build as many buildings as possible, do what you can, within reason, to complete the event. Then when it is over, do it all over again for the next one. None of us went from having nearly nothing to having what we now have overnight. (Well most of us, YOU know who I'm referring to). Level up, build your multiplier, and slowly but surely you will be able to look forward to having whatever you want in this game.
  • @beastlymm, keep building those items! Cash is not real useful in events. The more characters you have, the more money you will have in the future, and the more donuts you can make. Just keep plugging along, you'll get there. You can enjoy an event without spending a single donut.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • You're going to enjoy THOH with or without donuts. Do the quests and build those buildings, the Christmas event is right around the next corner.

Similar to @0Brooders0 suggesting Google Opinion Rewards, you can sign up for Bing Rewards and earn points for Amazon gift cards which can be used to buy Google Play gift cards. Again, every little bit helps.

• I started playing my first town just before THOH about 4(?) years ago on Android. I was wishing I had some spare cash to buy donuts with and remembered I had iTunes credit from a couple of years before I'd never spent. In trying to move my game to an iOS device I accidentally started my second game and decided to continue it just to see how it would compare to a premium game (I bought every kid I could with my donuts in the first game). I actually didn't do that bad in the second game, and I started it over a week into the event.
    You're way ahead of where I was, so you should do even better.
  • My first THOH I wouldn't have had many donuts as I'm a freemium player and donut farming wasn't a thing then (the highest level was probably somewhere in the 50s and I was in the 40s). I was lucky enough to unlock some of the kids at levels 48 and 49 which helped with the event and while I couldn't buy any premium content I was able to compete the event which is the main thing. Past event premiums are often likely to come back in the future now that we have event mystery boxes so don't worry about your donuts and just focus on progressing your game until THOH kicks in.
  • Thanks, everyone, for the advice and encouragement. I’m looking forward to the event.