EA Forums - Banner

Harp of Death

Replies

• Scoracrasia
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    dhipgrave wrote:
    First time posting, thought I'd share my fix as it turned out very positive:

1) level 26
    2) just finished building el chemistri when the game closed down and wouldn't load for 5 days.
    3) turned off auto-lock, left game on the stuck loading screen, did not touch it for about 15mins
    4) yes, and got the donut glitch when it loaded and ended up with 345 donuts, now loads every time.
    5) iPad 4th gen, ios6.1.

Me too. Spent them quickly just in case...
  • KristinMJ78
    292 posts
    edited February 2013
    So a friend of mine tried the iPhone 5 fix today and got 1000 free donuts. She's thrilled, as am I, cause tomorrow I have two people who's iPhone 5s I can access and hopefully break this freeze myself. Will let you know how it turns out.
  • KristinMJ78
    292 posts
    edited February 2013
    Well so much for tomorrow. Fell asleep playing the game since I FINALLY GOT BACK IN! the iPhone 5 trick worked and got almost 800 donuts out of it also. Still holding my breath to log back in but working so far. Woohoo!!!

Good luck to everyone else still stuck and hope you get unstuck while donuts are available to grab!
  • MarkFCS
    47 posts
    edited February 2013
    it's got me too now :(

1-What level are you at?
    2-What were you doing when the error occurred?
    completed Burns Mansion and collected my bonus donuts for maxing out the XP meter for the second time.
    3-What have you tried as far as fixing the issue?
    Restarted app
    Removed app from active app list
    Restarted phone
    Disabled wifi and connected through 3G
    Let it harp on for 20 mins several times with the lock screen disabled (until the app crashes)
    Installed on an alternate iPhone 4 started a new game fine, but then harp comes when i try to get into my account
    Updated iOS to 6.1.2

4-Have you fixed the issue, if so how?
    No
    5-Platform?
    iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.1 (original error, not solved with 6.1.2)
  • ShanaMac
    6 posts
    edited February 2013

1-What level are you at? 26 (x2 bonus levels)

2-What were you doing when the error occurred? Don't remember exactly - it's been a week. I had already built Chemistri - so sometime after that.

3-What have you tried as far as fixing the issue? Everything except an iPhone 5 because I don't have access to one. Have tried on an iPhone 4, newest iPad, and android (but can't get to Origin login) - now trying on iPhone 4S...
    I also tried submitting the issue to EA - no luck yet.

4-Have you fixed the issue, if so how? No!

5-Platform? iPad 3
  • Nzlpilot
    13 posts
    edited February 2013
    1 level 26
    2 just built burns manor which took me over level 26 so the bonus box came up got three donuts, at same time the complete workers dialog box came up and then crashed
    3 everything possible reinstalled - anonymous level 1 works. I just get tap to continue then the harp of death.... I feel it is related to the bonus box game ie the roll over after level 26. Have reported bug twice but last bug took 3montbs to fix so not holding my breath for a quick fix!
    4 no
    5 iPad 2 64gb iOS 6.1.2
  • 24rolly
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    Same issues on the Facebook page. Looks like leveling up to 27 may be the initial cause of the crash.

This should be an easy fix for EA. The only question is, will they be able to "uncrash" everyone without any loss.

With everything I've read online, I agree, it's the "levelling up" and/or "bonus box game" that caused the problem. Not sure why some can recover & some cannot. I have 3 accounts frozen (1 almost 2 weeks) that won't recover & 3 more accounts which I'm reluctant to play because I will level up soon. all 3 frozen accounts were in bonus box zone can't remember which level. El Chem pays 71000 XP I think, so that would "level up" a lot of people.

Too bad, fun time-waster when it works, playing since it came out last year, so I assume it'll take EA another week or 2 to fix & then offer up some lame bonus to appease us til the next time the game has major problems. What is this now 4 or 5 times???? GLAD I have spent ZERO DOLLARS on donuts, nor will I!!!!!!
  • Shoushi29
    25 posts
    edited February 2013
    1- What level are you at ?
    26, well, 27 in fact : just got 3 donuts.

2- What were you doing when the error occurred ?
    El Chemistri was just built and Wiggum was sent to eat in it.

3- What have you tried as far as fixing the issue ?
    Just log out and log in...

4- Have you fixed the issue, if so how ?
    No, unfortunately... :(

5- Platform ?
    iPhone 4S and iOS 6.1.2
  • amberm6
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    1. Level 26
    2. Had just finished building the Burns mansion (I know, I'm kinda behind, took a hiatus).
    3. I read to turn auto-lock off on my phone and just leave it on the frozen screen with the stupid harp sound.
    4. Yes. Looked at my phone after about 15 minutes of letting it sit on the frozen harp screen, and it let me in. Also got the donut glitch, went from 24 donuts to 903. Woohoo!!
    5. iPhone 5.

Thanks to all who have posted suggestions, I lucked out on getting mine to work. Hoping that EA will get this up and running for those who are still stuck, but judging from the posts I've read, it doesn't look like they are in much of a hurry to offer assistance. Pretty disappointing for a game that has the audacity to advertise as free but charge $100 for donuts that players will burn through quickly.
  • paulowry
    31 posts
    edited February 2013
    What is this "harp freeze"? Had no issues with this game. Why is it called harp? I play on an iPhone 5 btw
  • patchouly123
    7 posts
    edited February 2013
    paulowry wrote:
    What is this "harp freeze"? Had no issues with this game. Why is it called harp? I play on an iPhone 5 btw

The game freezes on load. The donut stops turning and the harp sound plays continuously until it crashes back to the desktop (usually between 15 and 20 minutes). Thus..."The Harp Of Death".
  • MarkFCS
    47 posts
    edited February 2013
    i'm cured! major withdrawal symptoms after 24hrs, big thanks to my dad (bless him) who loaded it on his iPhone 5 and sat there clicking bonus donuts for an hour or so.

1-What level are you at?
    completed Burns Mansion and collected my bonus donuts for maxing out the XP meter for the second time.
    Restarted app
    Removed app from active app list
    Restarted phone
    Disabled wifi and connected through 3G
    Let it harp on for 20 mins several times with the lock screen disabled (until the app crashes)
    Installed on an alternate iPhone 4 started a new game fine, but then harp comes when i try to get into my account
    Updated iOS to 6.1.2
    YES - signed in on an iPhone 5, disabled screenlock, left harping for 15 mins, bonus donut glitch appeared, 890 free donuts, crashed, back in and thank you very much. Bought all the premium characters that I didn't have yet.
    5-Platform?
    iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.1 (original error, not solved with 6.1.2)
  • Mandyrulez
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    1-What level are you at?
    level 26
    I cant remember.. It has been weeks since I have been able to play
    Everything except iphone 5.. Unfortunately I dont have access to one at all!
    NO.. No... No
    5-Platform?
    Ipad 3 latest ios.
  • bellacirello
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    1- I'm a level 26 player

2 - I was tapping Ralph for the first time when it crashed

3- I've tried several things, nothing worked

4- No, my problem is not solved, I don't even remember for how long has it been

5- I play it on an Iphone 4

Hope EA get me a boat-load of donuts, it is unbelievable what is happening...
  • bellacirello
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    now, after 45 minutes of harping, it went back to the inicial screen, aaaaah :evil:
    will do it all over again, and again, and again...
  • mongrelll
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    I am getting very annoyed as should EA because after a week my addiction is waning...

1. Level 26
    2. Doing El Chemistri jobs
    3.tried all suggestions so far apart from iPhone 5 as this isn't an option
    4. Not even close, leaving it alone to work out just dumps me back to home screen after a while
    5. iPad 2

When I logged on the other day it downloaded updates which i thought would fix it but didn't. My son is playing on iPod touch at lvl 12 with no issues, I logged on to his and harp of death there to greet me so it's an account issue!!
  • matty68875
    29 posts
    edited February 2013
    1-What level are you at?

Just finished building Hibbert

The auto lock turn off and letting the harp play for 15 minutes or so

Yes, see above. It was fixed on first try, ended up with a whopping 3 donuts when I got back in!

5-Platform?
    iPad 3 6.1.2
  • lanaw88
    19 posts
    edited February 2013
    1-What level are you at?
    Level 25 (Reached maximum XP)

Just started Valentine update

I tried deleting app and re installing, giving it a few hours each time. Signing in and out

i didnt but I deleted it for 2 weeks and then decided to give it another go and it worked - But got lucky with the level up and managed to win about 500 donuts

5-Platform?
    iPhone 4
  • dcubedinnj
    42 posts
    edited February 2013
    at last I'm back in after 2 weeks. Didn't do anything special though so I'm not sure how it happened. I logged in and the harp sounded once and then I was in.
  • Darkferco
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    1 - Level 26
    2 - Send Wigun and Ralph to eat in the El Chemistri
    3 - Delete the game, restart the iPhone, logout/in, wait the 15 mins without sucess..
    4 - No
    5-IOS 6.1.2 iPhone 4s
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.