EA Forums - Banner

KEM farming vs Railyard

AquaSunset
33 posts Member
edited October 2017
It appears the Railyard is continuous now and you can earn 5 donuts over and over. So is it better to do that or have all the characters earning money for KEM farming? My bonus is 505.50%

Edit: I have all the Springfield Heights buildings out for the max bonus on that too

Replies

• elfurioso766
    114 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    You could do both. Let’s say you don’t have that much igc accumulated yet. You could do your rail yard tasks and also place some KEMs. If you place 26, which is the amount at which cost stays at 14.400 for each additional one, you get almost 2 bonus rounds. For about 90k spent. That’s with the collider turned on, of course. Best thing is to take a look at how many you can afford and act accordingly.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    It depends. Can you do the Rail Yard on every possible cycle?
    How many characters do you have in total? Are the characters you're pulling from earning cash to support KEM farming a significant percent of your total?
    Do you have the time and energy to send all your other characters on task manually to keep any idle Rail Yard workers from being tasked?
    Really though - it shouldn't be a problem. I'm only at 370.25% and I'm doing both. Having to manually task all my other characters to keep earning money is a pain though...
  • I do both, just have to watch that I don't assign railway workers other jobs (of course THoH jobs have top priority). I get about 50 Donuts a day with less than 500% and doing both. Works fine, and money is also pouring in sufficiently. So no problem.
    My method is: first assign jobs with THoH, then assign the railyard jobs and then do the job center assignment for 4 hours for the remaining characters (roughly 180 to 190). In between I check, as time permits, the railyard progress. Works fine.
  • There is no universal answer to this question. It is the combination of multiplier and the login rate which determines the number of short monorail tasks. But transition to the unlimited number of monorail boughnuts does not change your strategy compared to the limited number.

Personally, I abandoned monorail at ~%700. It was the combination of efficiency and convenience.
  • katn67
    113 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »
    It depends. Can you do the Rail Yard on every possible cycle?
    How many characters do you have in total? Are the characters you're pulling from earning cash to support KEM farming a significant percent of your total?
    Do you have the time and energy to send all your other characters on task manually to keep any idle Rail Yard workers from being tasked?
    Really though - it shouldn't be a problem. I'm only at 370.25% and I'm doing both. Having to manually task all my other characters to keep earning money is a pain though...

Agreed!
  • Ugh! Rail Yard grinding, phooy.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.