EA Forums - Banner

The most boring THOH so far

2Next

Replies

  • Get on the forum to read complaining? No thanks
  • I agree!!!
  • Simpsonare wrote: »
    Get on the forum to read complaining? No thanks

    I understand you aren't too keen on listening to us **** and moan, but this is generally what it takes to get EA to pay attention to their customers. It's not like there's any other effective and public avenue of feedback.

    But then again, you clicked on the link. What did you expect based on the thread title? Yeah, this is a B&M thread for those of us who've been around long enough to remember the Good Ol' Days ...

    C'mon EA, let's Make TSTO Great Again!

    MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA! MTGA!
  • I do believe this is a sign to come that EA is getting tired of supporting the game and I think 2018 might be the end to it.
  • I do believe this is a sign to come that EA is getting tired of supporting the game and I think 2018 might be the end to it.

    tenor.gif

    People have been saying that for a quite a while now and yet the game lives on.



  • I do believe this is a sign to come that EA is getting tired of supporting the game and I think 2018 might be the end to it.
    tenor.gif


  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I too want rid of the black border. It's doing my head in!

    But I like this event. It is easy peasy lemon squeezy... :)

    Leaves a load of time to do design, earn cash from tasks to make bonuts from farming to buy more stuff to design with.

    Hey it's not how I imagined Halloween should be as I love scary stuff but come on there is a load of new content in this update as well as stuff for the newer players. Thanks EA <3

    ^^This

    Now I'll be blunt, I have not been a fan of the three act, 42 day events and have regularly moaned of event fatigue, having to work out all the different dynamics and what needs to be done to get the best possible return and so on...

    So this event for me, seems like a good, easy going one... It doesn't seem to be to hard to achieve the final prize in Act 1 and I only have three people tied up in the event, all the rest can continue to earn IGC and XP, work the rail yard, craft SH currencies, even though I've been working long shifts and haven't had time to concentrate on my game, I'm almost halfway to the last prize with some 10 days to go...(4484/10200 at time of posting)

    Yes, I would like something more Hallowe'en style, this is only my second one, but last years monsters were confusing at best, let alone all the other things I needed to do, the crafting seems a little lame, but I've noticed a downward spiral on this for the last few events, I was lucky to be able to craft income earning buildings during the Sci-Fi and THoH events last year, however, it does give people the opportunity to get things they may have missed out on last year, there's nothing much in it for me, but I usually end up with an inventory clogged up with craftables that I doubt I'll ever use because I didn't want to waste crafting resources on simply pressing the level up button, so I'll still end up with a thousand walls or something...

    How many times have people moaned about events being too hard, needing time to do other things, having so many characters tied up in events to the detriment of other aspects of the game...

    Maybe this is EA listening and trying to help.. by giving us a nice easy event to sort out our towns and do what we need to do in preparation for the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Winter season of events

    You can't please all of the people all of the time, so the old saying goes...

    I will agree with the neighbour thing though.... even simply adding a 'find' button that you could use in other towns would make it 1,000x more bearable... but at least when you're lazy like me, you can avoid them altogether for ten days in a row without anyone knowing and just catch up by getting an occasional lucky swap out on a daily challenge...

    On a complete tangent...
    Dougie...
    I love how you spell "Hallowe'en" with the apostrophe.

    It's proper!
  • I do believe this is a sign to come that EA is getting tired of supporting the game and I think 2018 might be the end to it.

    Listen if EA stops the Vault, stops the unlimited Monorail Donuts, than it most likely means no.

    However if the next three events are pure repeats with no-to little Content than maybe.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I too want rid of the black border. It's doing my head in!

    But I like this event. It is easy peasy lemon squeezy... :)

    Leaves a load of time to do design, earn cash from tasks to make bonuts from farming to buy more stuff to design with.

    Hey it's not how I imagined Halloween should be as I love scary stuff but come on there is a load of new content in this update as well as stuff for the newer players. Thanks EA <3

    ^^This

    Now I'll be blunt, I have not been a fan of the three act, 42 day events and have regularly moaned of event fatigue, having to work out all the different dynamics and what needs to be done to get the best possible return and so on...

    So this event for me, seems like a good, easy going one... It doesn't seem to be to hard to achieve the final prize in Act 1 and I only have three people tied up in the event, all the rest can continue to earn IGC and XP, work the rail yard, craft SH currencies, even though I've been working long shifts and haven't had time to concentrate on my game, I'm almost halfway to the last prize with some 10 days to go...(4484/10200 at time of posting)

    Yes, I would like something more Hallowe'en style, this is only my second one, but last years monsters were confusing at best, let alone all the other things I needed to do, the crafting seems a little lame, but I've noticed a downward spiral on this for the last few events, I was lucky to be able to craft income earning buildings during the Sci-Fi and THoH events last year, however, it does give people the opportunity to get things they may have missed out on last year, there's nothing much in it for me, but I usually end up with an inventory clogged up with craftables that I doubt I'll ever use because I didn't want to waste crafting resources on simply pressing the level up button, so I'll still end up with a thousand walls or something...

    How many times have people moaned about events being too hard, needing time to do other things, having so many characters tied up in events to the detriment of other aspects of the game...

    Maybe this is EA listening and trying to help.. by giving us a nice easy event to sort out our towns and do what we need to do in preparation for the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Winter season of events

    You can't please all of the people all of the time, so the old saying goes...

    I will agree with the neighbour thing though.... even simply adding a 'find' button that you could use in other towns would make it 1,000x more bearable... but at least when you're lazy like me, you can avoid them altogether for ten days in a row without anyone knowing and just catch up by getting an occasional lucky swap out on a daily challenge...

    On a complete tangent...
    Dougie...
    I love how you spell "Hallowe'en" with the apostrophe.

    It's proper!

    I guess it's growing up in England that does it... I hated all this text speak when it came out and I learned to be a dab hand in typing out a text with those numerical keypads.. I would always use properly spelled out words and punctuation, I would like to say I try and make all words correct, but years of internet have worn me down into typing with different punctuation usage.... and trying to type in my accent, I wanna do it right, but kinda end up with words that are gonna get me pulled up... just be glad I make sure to be legible to others on here as you'd never understand my local accent messages I make with family and friends..

    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Unabashedthinker
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I have to agree this event is probably one of the worst events so far. So, it makes no difference if it's an easy event, because if you don't particularly want any of the prizes, what difference does it make, if you get the prizes or not? Halloween is the one event which with there is always high expactations, because there is so much contrnt that EA can choose from, and then to give us this event, is a major dissapointment.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, lawyers were in a category of failure all by themselves. No comparison.
    Lawyers really scare the hell out of anyone in management. So in theory some players got a thrill out of that.

    If you want a scary halloween how about you have to protect your characters from a monster that can kill them and then you don't get them back? That raises the stakes. Turned into permanent zombie NPCs. The horror!
  • Yeah, lawyers were in a category of failure all by themselves. No comparison.
    Lawyers really scare the **** out of anyone in management. So in theory some players got a thrill out of that.

    If you want a scary halloween how about you have to protect your characters from a monster that can kill them and then you don't get them back? That raises the stakes. Turned into permanent zombie NPCs. The horror!

    Simpsons Fire Emblem?
  • The worrying thing is how many folks are bored and it’s less than a week in. I can’t see me carrying on to act 3. It’s awful.
  • I'm just trying to get over how much of the prizes from last year are back in the crafting list....which means there is basically nothing to craft. It'll just tell me I already got them.

    gg
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I too want rid of the black border. It's doing my head in!
    fTwiuhW.jpg
    Scary THOH glaucoma
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    I'm just trying to get over how much of the prizes from last year are back in the crafting list....which means there is basically nothing to craft. It'll just tell me I already got them.

    gg

    It already does tell you as you scroll through the items... even pointing out that I had something in my inventory that I must've got last year, placed in storage and completely forgot about...
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • afscott wrote: »
    It also does nothing for my own town. Thankfully they removed the cooldown on the railyard so I can just do that while I wait 40 days for this crappy event to be over. I don't want any of the decorations or characters.

    I really wish I could disable that black border from around the screen which is somehow supposed to be making this lame event feel "spooky".

    Awful.

    I agree 100%.

    Aweful THoH, recycled items ( we’ve only been waiting 11months for something marginally interesting to take place) and they made my small & difficult to see screen even more difficult to view.

    What are they paying the guy who managed this event this year? lol entirely too much...

  • icacic0901
    272 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The event would OF (oh how I hate when people write it like this) been good on its own, but it's just not a good THoH event. No ghosts, zombies etc. That's what defines Halloween.

    My favourite THoH event was definitely Treehouse of Horror XXIV.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.