EA Forums - Banner

iOS 11 - Constant Re-Download

Replies

• 18 hours later, have to redownload whole thing again! I have no WiFi, luckily I have unlimited data or I would have to quit the game!
  • Hello!
    I have the same problem ... does anyone have a solution? the update didn’t change anything! >:(
  • And again! This is ridiculous! What the hell is wrong with iOS 11?!?
  • This is what worked for me. Delete the app and restart your phone, then download the app again and it should work fine after that.
  • That did not work for me. :s
    At 5:30PM I had to redownload again, so instead deleted again, restarted phone, and then downloaded. About 6 hours later, it had to download again. I sent a message to Apple last night, but received no response.
  • And again a half hour ago.
    This is utterly ridiculous. I did see there is a new update for iOS 11. Will get that tomorrow with WiFi. Hope it does something.
  • I upgraded to iOS 11.0.2 and the problem still exists. I've emailed EA directly but have not gotten a response yet.
  • adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    DrGerg wrote: »
    I upgraded to iOS 11.0.2 and the problem still exists. I've emailed EA directly but have not gotten a response yet.
    Quite a few of my neighbours still haven’t updated, though they are present, so must be quite a problem this updating to get into this new event.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • I had the exact issue after updating my Ipad, and I too was showing 2GB free (which I have come to learn IS low by some measures). Once I freed up space I have not had the problem since.

I think it IS IOS 11 related as I believe that it may be a larger footprint for the OS, and I also believe that there were some file management utilities or tweaks done that may have affected those of us whose space was already taxed...If clearing up another few GB's does not solve the problem, then it is truly something else.
  • Was going write that I had two days without having to downloaded, and then today hit. Tried to play three times today and had to download it each time?!?! Come on EA
  • And pretty much all day today I had to download to play. I’ve tried deleting app and restarting phone. Plenty of memory btw the
  • It happened here with my iPad 4th gen. I synced my iPad, shut it down and freed up an additional 1-2 GB and it did the trick.
  • I had the exact issue after updating my Ipad, and I too was showing 2GB free (which I have come to learn IS low by some measures). Once I freed up space I have not had the problem since.

I think it IS IOS 11 related as I believe that it may be a larger footprint for the OS, and I also believe that there were some file management utilities or tweaks done that may have affected those of us whose space was already taxed...If clearing up another few GB's does not solve the problem, then it is truly something else.
    I'm strictly iOS & definitely agree @Starman_thc

Lately It Occurs To Me... What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    This sounds to me like the problem I've seen over and over in the Answers forum. The problem is often caused by a "cleaner" app that "automatically clears up space for optimum efficiency" on peoples devices. Once the app is removed or configured to ignore the Tapped Out files the problem stops. Does iOS 11 have something like that built in?

I’m having the same issue. It’s been an issue pre iOS 11, but it’s much worse now. I believe iOS does have a built in automatic cleaner as I’ve seen apps like Facebook suddenly turn gray and say “cleaning” at the bottom. Maybe the cleaner is much more aggressive in iOS 11 and that’s causing the increased issue?
  • Cassettacj wrote: »
    wadebear wrote: »
    This sounds to me like the problem I've seen over and over in the Answers forum. The problem is often caused by a "cleaner" app that "automatically clears up space for optimum efficiency" on peoples devices. Once the app is removed or configured to ignore the Tapped Out files the problem stops. Does iOS 11 have something like that built in?

I’m having the same issue. It’s been an issue pre iOS 11, but it’s much worse now. I believe iOS does have a built in automatic cleaner as I’ve seen apps like Facebook suddenly turn gray and say “cleaning” at the bottom. Maybe the cleaner is much more aggressive in iOS 11 and that’s causing the increased issue?

As you note, iOS offloading happens in the background and the user sees visual evidence of its action in the form of a greyed-out app icon. But I still haven’t seen anyone on the forum report seeing this greyed-out icon in connection with the TSTO reloading problem. And users have reported experiencing the reload problem even when the offloading option has been disabled.

It just seems to me more likely that iOS offloading is a bit of a red herring and that instead iOS 11’s larger size is responsible for the increase in the umber of forum threads about this reload issue.
  • It has been almost a week since I have had to redownload. I had about 2.7GB before and it still would seem to offload the game data. But then I deleted a bunch of pictures and now have about 4.3GB open. Did this late Thursday night, and have had no issues since.
    So it appears the iOS 11 just requires a lot of open space to operate properly. My game was practically unplayable, so I didn’t test it along the way while deleting pictures. Was to frustrated and just wanted it working again. So perhaps 4GB is not necessary, but that’s what I’m going to stick with for now.
  • Oh yeah. I meant to check in on this thread. After updating to iOS 11 I had no problems on my iPad Mini 2. But it's a 64 GB model (picked it up for less than the price of a 16 GB Mini 3 just after they came out) and I've got GOBS of space left on it.
    So I'm guessing space IS the problem.
  • This is a play or not play issue with me. It loads some 30MB and then makes me state my age and login and then slowly reloads THE ENTIRE 1.44G game. This happens almost EVERYTIME. I have no more space to free up. Can EA find a better way?? I’ve been playing about 4 years u to continue.
  • Aelein wrote: »
    I have no more space to free up. Can EA find a better way??

Sad to say, probably not.

• I'm not an IOS user so and haven't been since a second gen ipod touch so this is pure speculation by me but iOS 11 might be using more ram/virtually ram so therfore need more empty space for temporary storage of files that are swapped out as needed and that's why it's removing as it sees unused files to create the space, where it was recommended to leave 2 gig free for previous OS it might now be wise to up that to 3 gig or if possible even 4 gig.