EA Forums - Banner

are you going to buy dragon promo?

Replies

• Rich0913 wrote: »
    I ended getting it, have the kids fighting it right now. Thought it was suppose to come with a castle?
    Does that mean it earns event currency?

• Still up in the air on it. I on;y have about 400 doughnuts, so not sure I want to blow half of them. Although a dragon would be awesome. Is it a NPC or do you think it will have tasks?
  • It's too rich for my blood; I'll pass.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Rich0913 wrote: »
    I ended getting it, have the kids fighting it right now. Thought it was suppose to come with a castle?
    Does that mean it earns event currency?

Yes, it works just like all the other monsters(Kearneymon, Lewd, Wiggops ... ). Catch it, enchant it and then it can be sent to 4 hour tasks alone and earn three different decorations and event currency.
    Chris60119 wrote: »
    Still up in the air on it. I on;y have about 400 doughnuts, so not sure I want to blow half of them. Although a dragon would be awesome. Is it a NPC or do you think it will have tasks?

Well if you're really into Dragons, you may want to buy it. Otherwise pass. No one knows what will be after the event, but it seems like it will be a NPC with just the 4 hour tasks to earn prizes like other beasts. In the end it's of course your decision ;)
  • JJHLH1
    126 posts Member
    I bought the dragon. It was expensive but he’s a good-looking character, and who doesn’t like dragons. I’m enjoying this event.
  • Instant purchase
  • 199 donuts and no bonus %? Pass...
  • beastlymm
    284 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    While I really like the idea of the dragon a pile of gold is the last thing i'd consider to be in the spirit of Halloween.
    Halloween is packed with opportunities for ghoulish, creepy and fun stuff.
    There's so many other things they could have included.
    Demon hounds (release the hounds)
    Dragon lair with Smithers skeleton
    Dragon lair with a trap door button and trap door (from Burns' office)
    Burns as the Disneyland Haunted Mansion grave digger and Smithers headed (robot) dog
    Burns as Alfred Hitchcock
    Mad scientist Burns with an evil laboratory

Anyone remember, Burns: "Smither's, who is that goat legged fellow. I like the cut of his jib."
    Smithers: "That's the Prince of Darkness, sir. He's your eleven o'clock."
    Burns: "Excellent."

EA could have a field day with things just from that.
    Just my 2 cents.
  • txrabbit3737
    1166 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @beastlymm
    "Smithers headed (robot) dog"
    Already in game:
    Doggy_Smithers_Unlock.png
  • I'm holding my donuts for Witch Marge and Pumpkin House so no dragon for me.
  • TheJuiceLoosener
    2353 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Gil deals are notoriously overpriced. Last year, the THOH Gil deal was Blinky Monster and scary dock for 170 donuts. This year you can win him for 65 donuts in the mystery box.

There has only been one Gil deal in recent memory worth the price - all three university nerds (Doug, Gary, & Benjamin) for 195 donuts.
  • I got it. It was a bit pricey, but what do expect from Burns. >:)
    And I do love dragons :)
  • Negative. EA will get no precious sprinkles from me on ANY limited time item from this event. Principles. Maybe if I could have had the full buffet of craftables available I would have reconsidered. Just another slap in the face to us long time players that they would release this goofy expensive item and expect us to snatch it up. Can't wait for this disaster of an event to be done... best thing from this year's THOH: 2 STRIPS OF OVERPRICED LAND and a lousy limited time scratcher...
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • I didn’t and probably won’t. I got one more event reward box prize to go (the dome) then I’ll be donut broke
  • I have to buy him. I have already conquered 3 out of 7 beasts, so how am I going to earn event currency in Acts 2 and 3, unless I have a beast to sic my wizards on?
  • janis810 wrote: »
    I have to buy him. I have already conquered 3 out of 7 beasts, so how am I going to earn event currency in Acts 2 and 3, unless I have a beast to sic my wizards on?

From what I can tell there will be 2 more in act two and maybe another 2 in act three. I don't foresee a beast shortage.
  • janis810 wrote: »
    I have to buy him. I have already conquered 3 out of 7 beasts, so how am I going to earn event currency in Acts 2 and 3, unless I have a beast to sic my wizards on?

From what I can tell there will be 2 more in act two and maybe another 2 in act three. I don't foresee a beast shortage.

maybe,
    i guess the next act clear time is slower than act 1.
    Therefore they has to give us more currency in act 2 & act 3.
  • Bought it. Its a dragon, its Mr. Burns. Win/win situation for me.
  • Did I just spend 199 donuts on an npc and a pile of gold? Wasn’t there other stuff in the promo?
  • Did I just spend 199 donuts on an npc and a pile of gold? Wasn’t there other stuff in the promo?

Capture and enchant to win the other prizes :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)