EA Forums - Banner

This is a good event. Why all the hate?

Replies

• shoskin wrote: »
    cjryder625 wrote: »
    I just can’t believe this is the Halloween event. We don’t really ‘do’ Halloween in the UK so I look forward to this event every year. This is just awful I haven’t even bothered to decorate my town. I usually put pumpkins everywhere but they are staying in my inventory.

This event is a dud. I usually don't decorate a lot for Halloween, but this year is a stinker.

I don't get why Halloween is so big. When you are a kid you dress up, ring doorbells and say trick or treat. Then repeat. But it's a huge adult thing now. I don't get it. I find it boring and pointless.

I work in a grocery store and people start buying candy right near Labor Day (first Monday of September). Do you think that candy is going to lasy? So basically buy a couple of bags of candy and go nuts.

That's all I ever do.
  • lilmamasa3 wrote: »
    My reply is for the OP, I believe the “old-timers” are missing what this event used to be. There was more interaction between neighbors, it was based around Halloween, and Springfield was spooky (sounds, shadows, leaves blowing around and dark green water). They have been better in the past, and the lack of new craftables just sucks. This is my fifth THOH event and I love Harry Potter and all things magical but I’m a miffed.

This is me, too. My exact sentiments. I like the spooky and the fall season feel. Definitely disappointed, but there’s always next year.
  • Just to give you an idea, this is what was going on in last years THOH event

NrAAdQ0.png
    All while the kids were walking around trick-or-treating. Adults were busy fighting giant worms!
  • Just to give you an idea, this is what was going on in last years THOH event

NrAAdQ0.png
    All while the kids were walking around trick-or-treating. Adults were busy fighting giant worms!

Yeah I member
  • Simpsonare wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    That's a nice inspirational quote, but why build up something you don't believe deserves to be? We're not talking about children being bullied on the playground, we're talking about a wonderful game that has gone down hill, unfortunately.

Please... Matt Groening has a shitload of work to draw. Comics, futurama, the show itself, and this game. Give him a break. Maybe they thought of bringing some cool content for people who may of not had the items. Wasn't it cool when you first got it? I know wolf rock and werewolf Flanders I'll enjoy getting by crafting instead of donuts. I personally think it's a great event. And people want to whine because it's not a tailored vision.

Hold on, hold on, hold on...
    You can say "shitload" here?
    But not "suck"?

OMG!!!
    I CAN SAY "SUCK"!!!!

You can say suck and shitload but not Hell? H,E,L,L
  • I don't hate this event. Kind of boring, but some really awesome content. I'm really excited about building a Hogwarts. If only they would increase our crafting supplies...
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • The main problem with this event is it just doesn't feel like Halloween. It's more like one of the off-season random events. Ghouls, ghosts and goblins, yeah. Harry bleeping Potter, pass.
    That's a cold shot, baby. Yeah, that's a drag.
  • johncolombo
    11594 posts Senior Moderator
    Simpsonare wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    That's a nice inspirational quote, but why build up something you don't believe deserves to be? We're not talking about children being bullied on the playground, we're talking about a wonderful game that has gone down hill, unfortunately.

Please... Matt Groening has a shitload of work to draw. Comics, futurama, the show itself, and this game. Give him a break. Maybe they thought of bringing some cool content for people who may of not had the items. Wasn't it cool when you first got it? I know wolf rock and werewolf Flanders I'll enjoy getting by crafting instead of donuts. I personally think it's a great event. And people want to whine because it's not a tailored vision.

Hold on, hold on, hold on...
    You can say "shitload" here?
    But not "suck"?

OMG!!!
    I CAN SAY "SUCK"!!!!

You can say suck and shitload but not ****? H,E,L,L

You can say it today. I've noticed the swear filter gets updated based on what people can say they can say then it's added and you can't say it.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • damn, damn, shitloads of damn...
  • filters updated :smiley:
  • Charles **** and **** Van **** walked into a pub one day .... aww forget it!
  • Thought I would bump this for Act2. I really like this event. I am into bonus donuts on the first day.
    But seriously, I know there are a lot of old items, but that is great for the new people, who keep this game going buying donuts etc. I have found enough new stuff to keep me happy. Finally a relaxed pace, where I can design during the event. The last few events were so close, my usual dump event items into a pile and design later could never happen. Personally I like not having to log in every 4 hours or I miss the last prize.

We hear lots from all of us that have been around for a while, but how about some new blood perspective on Act 2 How's it going?
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • The only thing I really love about this event is fighting monsters. We've been complaining a lot about the events dynamics being the same every time. This time is different and it's fun. Love it.

But for me the most important aspect of the game is designing. This event is ...... just terrible. New walls, gates and towers do not align with each other, colors change on rotation. All the buildings have different colors - neither color appears twice. Only 1/3 of craftable items are new.

I hope EA will fix walls and magic station by the end of the event.
  • I would say the main issue with this event, is that it sucks.

Yes!!!!!! We'll said. Short sweet accurate and to the point.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
    tumblr_inline_nbsyrrRefK1r1jtxd.gif

• Willy9292 wrote: »
    We hear lots from all of us that have been around for a while, but how about some new blood perspective on Act 2 How's it going?

I'm not a new player, but this person is, here is a thread they made and their opinion:
    beastlymm wrote: »
    Why?

Grinding out goblin gold is soul suckingly slooooow. I just broke 900 which unlocked the Dormitory Tower, but the really cool, much more Halloween looking tower, the Bell Tower is over (prepare yourselves) two THOUSAND in goblin gold. 2000!

They're both towers, but if anything, this proves EA has eyes. They know the bell tower is much cooler looking than the plain, boring looking dorm tower and they're shamelessly hiking up the price for it.
    Halloween is about fun, creepy thrills and bubbling cauldrons. Thanks to EA I can now add greed to that list.

Two things too note
    1. Difficulty in obtaining crafting currency
    2. Crafting issues.

As a premium player I have all the monsters, as well as the characters that can generate currency (that have been released so far) except for SVP, that is just not in the cards.

I can not say the same for a new player, I'm at lv 939 grinding for donuts, I can not say the same for the above player. So I can theorize that some difficulty is had.

Bigger issue here is, you have three types of players.
    New players
    Old Players
    Returning Players

The gaming style, freemium, whale, premium, casual, hardcore, etc become secondary titles. A new player will eventually become an old Player, an old Player may become a returning player, etc.

However this event has a lot of content for new and returning Players, for a new player, 100% of the content should be new. It can be overwhelming, which makes the large amount of returning items underwhelming for old players.

Ask the same new players that question next year. I can almost guarantee that most if not all the items, will return by then, perhaps even along the way during a mini-event (this was the event to bring back the Wiccans, just sayin).

I am moderately enjoying it, that has remained the same.

I offered an alternative idea, now let me offer a constructive idea.

The plot involves the characters of some books coming into reality.. however those Trolls, aren't they Tolkien? Why limit it to Harry Potter and Angelica Button? Why not have the wand be broken within a library and allow all those literary characters to come out?
    Division into three acts, obviously.
    First being Angelica Button and her monsters (as well as allies) the second could be comic based and release Itchy and Scratchy from their confinement, the final act would have the classic movie monsters released, as what are those monsters, other than old folklore written down in Grimm Tales? The Classical meets the Mythical, the Toony meets the Republicans.

I fell that they failed an otherwise simple idea.
    The lack of activities for the children is also an issue for some players, if they had a task similar to that warm squishy from a couple years ago, maybe people would have an incentive to buy kid characters.
    That in conclusion is the greatest scare, knowing we have no inclusion of a bear.
  • Events are not as much fun as they used to be. Used to be able to help all your friends, and yourself, buildings were cheaper too. They've dramatically raised the donut price on everything, but not the amount of donut purchases. It's expensive to only get 2400 donuts for $100.00. Some might be rich, or at least still working with an excellent salary. I'm not working, I'm retired, and need my bucks to pay bills.
  • That's no Halloween. That sucks.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • The thing about Harry Potter is....it was never a halloween franchise. It was a holiday movie[I say movie because I never read the books I'm sorry!], always was. Not my fault they made them Holiday Xmas films. So when Simpsons decided to add it to their Halloween special I was like "****" because in the first few movies they always showed Christmas and snow etc.....guess everyone forgot about that, yes?
    I would say the main issue with this event, is that it sucks.
    tumblr_inline_nbsyrrRefK1r1jtxd.gif
    I'd like to know too....because I like the tiny amount of content they are giving us. Anything that adds to my designing ideas to me is amazing and bleeding fantastic! Because I got several ideas for the new stuff they gave us. If nobody likes designing in this game....why are you playing it???????
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.