EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• hayleyspence
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    Can someone please point me in the right direction.

I have spent at least an hour every day since July '12 on TSTO. It's how I wind down & relax after a day's work. I've finally reached Level 26 (and quite proud of my 'creation') and now NOTHING - back to the beginning. I have gone through the troubleshooting, left messages for EA/Origin to contact me, to no avail.

Is anyone any wiser regarding this issue?

Like many other players - I've chosen to put good time & effort into this game and feel terribly disappointed to be unable to retrieve it.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Can someone please point me in the right direction.

I have spent at least an hour every day since July '12 on TSTO. It's how I wind down & relax after a day's work. I've finally reached Level 26 (and quite proud of my 'creation') and now NOTHING - back to the beginning. I have gone through the troubleshooting, left messages for EA/Origin to contact me, to no avail.

Is anyone any wiser regarding this issue?

Like many other players - I've chosen to put good time & effort into this game and feel terribly disappointed to be unable to retrieve it.

I'm not sure if this will help, but see this old thread for one suggestion on how to restore a reset town.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9095732.page
  • mid0richan
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    I've been in level 26 for a while and I noticed that for some time my XP has been stuck in 3805. :shock:
    This might have happened after the latest update, I can't be sure. But I want to make sure that all the XP I'm accumulating during this period will eventually be added and updated correctly.
    Please fix this bug.
  • hayleyspence
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    KrustyBrand the advice attached to that link worked.

I can not thank you enough. :mrgreen:
  • maximusGeek
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    I recently completed a task to make Wille work on his manifesto and when it completed, the game froze and is playing the task compete sound over and over. I have logged out and back in, forced the app to restart. When I login, the screen now freezes at the loading page and the task complete sound keeps playing over and over. Any help would be appreciated!!

UPDATE: looks like this problem is called the "Harp of Death". Fixed by following the instructions in another thread.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Fordf150-1
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    Brown houses only giving 2 money instead if the 6 +percentage for special items and such?
  • williamshj2
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    ive been having an issue....ive been playing for about a week now and Icant access any of the lower lvl items. Like the farm that Apu builds. I didn't read this forum before I played, so I never saw the message about not doing an of the longer quests...u know the 1,4,8,12 hour ones so I did some. will I still be able to have apu start the farm been waiting for a long while now
  • Fingerpopping58
    120 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    It was fun while it lasted, a couple of hours ago all the valentine stuff disappeared (apart from the cupid Bart startup screen) - but as of 10 minutes ago the valentines quests have started up again. Surely some mistake?
  • katie_louise140
    19 posts
    edited February 2013
    i havent been able to get into the game for 6 days now!! and the update has not fixed the problem. it crashes everytime after i log into origin. want this fixed asap very unhappy as i missed several days of converting hearts to cash!!
  • franckg392
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    Can't connect for a week now. I clicked on Itchy & Scratchy lottery and at the time the "ticket" appeared, my game crashed. Since then, game is stucked on this lottery ticket and crashes everytime i try to connect. It's wonderful...
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    franckg392 wrote:
    Can't connect for a week now. I clicked on Itchy & Scratchy lottery and at the time the "ticket" appeared, my game crashed. Since then, game is stucked on this lottery ticket and crashes everytime i try to connect. It's wonderful...

The new update, released today (2/28), changes the way in which the Scratch-R's work. Downloading it may solve your issue. Good luck.
  • nolahustle
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    Please help I can not log in to my springfield. After verifying my origin name, the game gets to the point where it is about to boot and a bug occurs in which the loading sound occurs repeatedly but the game does not load. I can log out on origin and play anonymous but if I go to social screen and log in, the exact same bug occurs when loading my town.

I downloaded the update today and even that did not fix it.

The worst part? This error began on 2/27. I had 1100+ hearts I was saving to decorate my town with!! I could not get into my town to do so!
  • dom2973
    57 posts
    edited February 2013
    This is called the "Harp of Death" There are many posts about it on this forum. I spent 3 weeks locked out last time then 2 days back. Out 2 days so far this time. EA does not respond to any requests for help with this bug and does not monitor this forum. There are hundreds of us that are just plain screwed
  • justkrill78
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    dom2973 wrote:
    This is called the "Harp of Death" There are many posts about it on this forum. I spent 3 weeks locked out last time then 2 days back. Out 2 days so far this time. EA does not respond to any requests for help with this bug and does not monitor this forum. There are hundreds of us that are just plain screwed

I found the resolution to this problem on here last night, and after waking up after more than two hours of putting the solution into effect, it seemed to have resolved itself. Today, however, we are back to the same problem. I know no EA employees officially look here (but I'm tipping they've got people employed to read it and report back), so all we can do is hope that this problem is resolved some time soon i guess. Sorry for long post. Just hope this gets fixed fixed for good!! Yes, fixed fixed. :)
  • Bartman61
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have been unable to accept invites since the valentines update. I keep getting the message "Uh oh. Something went... Please try again"
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Bartman61 wrote:
    I have been unable to accept invites since the valentines update. I keep getting the message "Uh oh. Something went... Please try again"

How many friends do you currently have? The upper limit is 100; trying to add additional friends will result in the aforementioned message. (For reasons unknown, some users start seeing this message when they have slightly fewer than 100 friends -- e.g., 99, 98, etc.) You will also see this message if the person you are trying to add has reached the maximum allowable number of friends.
  • CGriffalo
    22 posts
    edited March 2013
    I appear to have been locked out of my game. I was playing away quite happily (just finished the Wiggum House) when the game froze just as I completed Grampa Simpson's 'show and tell' task. I gave it a while and then manually exited the game. Trying to get back in and the donut spun for a while before stopping permanently.

Tried turning the phone off and on. Same problem.

Tried logging out of Origin and back in again. Same problem

Tried deleting the game and reinstalling it. Same problem.

Tried all of those things in various combinations. Same problem.

So I can get into Origin, look at my invites and friends etc. but whenever I try and get to the actual game the donut spins for a while. Anyone got any ideas? Anyone been in this situation themselves?
  • Charlottevics
    4 posts
    edited March 2013
    I just logged onto the game and my school seems to have mysteriously vanished -_- I checked my inventory and it's not in there. Can I get it back? :/
  • edited March 2013
    Game will no longer load my Springfield after completing the first Grandpa wrestler task.
  • solzier23
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I've been having an issue with one of the quests and was hoping some could provide me with some suggestions as to how I can fix it.

I was working through the Hibbert Family Practice quest, leading up to building the hospital. 3/4 of the way through the walkthrough, the system stopped asking me to send characters to complete the relevant tasks.

So far i've tried...
    1. Re-start the quest from the beginning (Doesn't now give me the option to send Brockman for a checkup so can't complete)
    2. Put the Hibbert Practice into and then out of storage (Had no effect)
    3. Put Channel 6 into and then out of storage (In an attempt to un-freeze Brockman, but it didn't work)
    3. Sold and then re-bought the practice (Had no effect)

I've been stuck like this ever since the Christmas update was removed.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks in advance.