EA Forums - Banner

After Tap To Continue Game Crashes

Prev1
Same here. I was getting pretty close to maxing out the xp meter again after i harped last weekend, collected my morning tasks and the game kicked me out. Not got in since.

Tried reinstalling, rebooting, flight mode & wifi, 3G, and connecting on the iPhone 5 that cleared the harps.

Replies

• jenrussell12
    18 posts
    edited March 2013
    Mines is same just cut out just now. After just getting back on over a week ago
  • brooklynbotz
    13 posts
    edited March 2013
    markfcs wrote:
    Same here. I was getting pretty close to maxing out the xp meter again after i harped last weekend, collected my morning tasks and the game kicked me out. Not got in since.

Tried reinstalling, rebooting, flight mode & wifi, 3G, and connecting on the iPhone 5 that cleared the harps.

This is pretty much the exact same situation I was in.
  • markfcs
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Well, that's it for me. I've built a town up to have it reset, lost all my halloween stuff, cool brown house and duff racer, then built one again to two buildings from completion (Wiggum & Chemitri), survived the harp glitch, got all the premium characters with a couple of free donut glitches, but now I'm spent. I'm sure my family will appreciate the extra time back from me!

Great game and concept, but very poorly executed. Shoddy work EA.
  • filipeagsilva
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    I didn't see this topic before i opened a new one. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9327862.page

That's what happened to me.

It froze when collecting the bonus donuts for maxing out level 26 XP and now it just freezes after logging in to origin.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited March 2013
    mine started this morning when I logged in....havent been able to get past the loading screen after hitting "tap to continue" .. just crashes back to home screen,, tried on 5th gen ipod as well, and still no joy.. this sux..
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Ive been able to get in my town all day, but I have noticed ALOT of lag today. It is Saturday, so the servers could be overloading. Try again later at night when peak times are over.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I didn't see this topic before i opened a new one. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9327862.page

That's what happened to me.

It froze when collecting the bonus donuts for maxing out level 26 XP and now it just freezes after logging in to origin.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited March 2013
    Still crashes Back to home screen after pressing "tap to continue". sad part is the mrs can see my town by visiting from her account and do all the friend actions, but if she tries to log in to my town from her device it crashes back to home screen as well.. and no is not the harp glitch..havent built el chemstri..
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    PhenomTT wrote:
    Still crashes Back to home screen after pressing "tap to continue". sad part is the mrs can see my town by visiting from her account and do all the friend actions, but if she tries to log in to my town from her device it crashes back to home screen as well.. and no is not the harp glitch..havent built el chemstri..

Building El Chemistri can cause the harp glitch, but it isn't the only thing that can. Leveling up is the main cause. And building El Chemistri often leads to leveling up.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited March 2013
    theres no music, and its not stuck loading,, it crashes back to home screen after pressing "tap to continue" the donut in the corner stagers for a few seconds rotating,, then boom, homescreen city.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    PhenomTT wrote:
    theres no music, and its not stuck loading,, it crashes back to home screen after pressing "tap to continue" the donut in the corner stagers for a few seconds rotating,, then boom, homescreen city.

Yeah...that's def not the harp glitch. Lets call this the "Failure to load glitch". Mine does that once in a while, especially when the servers are busy. This weekend has been particularly bad. Have you tried logging out and logging back in?
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited March 2013
    tried loging out and back in many times. tired different device. tried unistalling and reinstalling..tried ebooting the device.. nothing works.. been 2 days now...
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    PhenomTT wrote:
    tried loging out and back in many times. tired different device. tried unistalling and reinstalling..tried ebooting the device.. nothing works.. been 2 days now...

I don't know what else you could try. Based on your sig, you are probably way more computer literate than I am. I'm only using a 4th gen iPod touch, but I've never had alot of the problems people post on here. I'd offer to try logging in for you, but I don't think that would help this time.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the offer tho after trying the mrs 5th gen ipod to log in and no sucess, I think it must be a server side issue relevant to my specific account/ springfield..as we both can load her springfield from both devices but crash back to desktop when trying to load my springfield..
  • ifte3_16
    5 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have had the same problem with an iphone 4s for the last two weeks and have tried everything.

I have also tried the iphone 5 trick, however, i have still not managed to get back in. After trying every day, i have restarted the game now but its not the same knowing that you have reached level 26 and purchased all the land available.

Surely EA will be able to do something about this and soon

• NikoVictory
    7 posts
    edited March 2013
    Same thing has been happening to me for the past week, dunno what to do might just wait it out or eventually email EA...
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited March 2013
    Im not starting all over.. so I guess if they dont get the issue fixed.. I'm done. :(
  • brooklynbotz
    13 posts
    edited March 2013
    Still having the same exact problem. I've emailed EA but it's been days and no response. I guess I should be happy for the extra time on my hands but it's seriously frustrating to spend so much time on this game and to just have it all go away. Screw you EA.
  • brooklynbotz
    13 posts
    edited March 2013
    Anyone having luck getting out of this?
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited March 2013
    sill no luck as of today.. game still crashes when trying to load my springfield..
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!