EA Forums - Banner

Shoddy work EA. final straw!

markfcs
16 posts Member
So you weathered the storms and are quitting now? Thats pretty sad!

Replies

• VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited March 2013
    And you had some of the donut glitches, something I've never had and the Halloween stuff isn't exactly amazing.
  • XScripts
    438 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Sucks to lose ya! Just watch out for the tapping withdraws
  • markfcs
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Weathered the storms, but the storms just keep coming! I'm locked out of the second town I've built up, there's no way I'm building from scratch again!
  • paulzuk
    407 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I have only been playing TSTO for about 2 months. Judging from what I have read in the forum, customer service concerning this game is a joke. Once again EAGames screw the very people who give them their money. Those donuts don't come cheap either. It amazes me how much money they charge for pixels.

But it isn't just this game. Look at The Sims 3, it's is a joke. Their online store charges a small fortune if you want to buy anything. Again, pixels. They don't even make discs. Their profits must be through the roof. Think about it, a few programmers make a few new items for the game. That's it. The bulk of what they spend to produce their 'product' is used on that. All they have to do is release the pixels on their site and watch the money roll in.

It's not rocket science to create items for the game and it doesn't cost a fortune to make them either. How can it be? Countless fans of The Sims create their own and distribute them for free! It's the fans that make The Sims an excellent game. EAGames makes the baby, but the fans are the ones who raise and nurture it AND pay the child support! lol

Sadly, I don't see EAGames changing their ways. We keep buying the games and paying the OTT prices for pixels, generally without complaint, myself included. I both love and hate them.

Peace.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited March 2013
    paulzuk wrote:
    I have only been playing TSTO for about 2 months. Judging from what I have read in the forum, customer service concerning this game is a joke. Once again EAGames screw the very people who give them their money. Those donuts don't come cheap either. It amazes me how much money they charge for pixels.

But it isn't just this game. Look at The Sims 3, it's is a joke. Their online store charges a small fortune if you want to buy anything. Again, pixels. They don't even make discs. Their profits must be through the roof. Think about it, a few programmers make a few new items for the game. That's it. The bulk of what they spend to produce their 'product' is used on that. All they have to do is release the pixels on their site and watch the money roll in.

It's not rocket science to create items for the game and it doesn't cost a fortune to make them either. How can it be? Countless fans of The Sims create their own and distribute them for free! It's the fans that make The Sims an excellent game. EAGames makes the baby, but the fans are the ones who raise and nurture it AND pay the child support! lol

Sadly, I don't see EAGames changing their ways. We keep buying the games and paying the OTT prices for pixels, generally without complaint, myself included. I both love and hate them.

Peace.

+1
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!