EA Forums - Banner

The 'We LOVE chocolate' thread

Replies

• Just thought of 3 other bars that I used to love....and haven't had for years:

Topic....I loved the nougat and preferred the hazelnuts inside to peanuts
    Crunchie.....love honeycomb
    Caramac.....not really chocolate, but as a kid I loved it. I would probably find it too sweet now, havent eaten it for years
  • Crunchie.. got a few of those in my fridge... although it says on the packet not to refrigerate them... I can't understand why though, I like them cold....seems to be a recent thing though
  • I bought some double mocha cappuccino powder mix yesterday. I woke up a few ago and am getting my chocolate on. Woo hoo!
  • Wonder why it says not to refridgerate Crunchie,maybe it alters the honeycomb....but I've never noticed any change. I always put chocolate into the fridge, best way to eat it, I don't like it when it's soft and melted. Crunchie is also good broken up over ice cream.
  • I could do with some chocolate best go get some then
  • I'm made a chocolate fudge cake last night it's so good...

fyl3mb.jpg
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    ^^ .... Drooling..... :yum: would go great with some custard I reckon.....
    I could do with some chocolate best go get some then

Wait until late tomorrow or Wednesday when they reduce all the hallowe'en themed stuff and then swoop in.... I'm waiting for some 'Screme Eggs'.... :lol:
  • ^^ .... Drooling..... :yum: would go great with some custard I reckon.....

Wait until late tomorrow or Wednesday when they reduce all the hallowe'en themed stuff and then swoop in.... I'm waiting for some 'Screme Eggs'.... :lol:

Good idea :smile: are the ‘Scream’ Eggs made by Cadbury’s?
  • I was wondering too
  • ^^ .... Drooling..... :yum: would go great with some custard I reckon.....

Good idea :smile: are the ‘Scream’ Eggs made by Cadbury’s?

Yup, those are the ones...
    cadbury-screme-egg2.jpg

@Turkey1010 I think it's something to do with my very early years at school, it gave me a taste for pudding and custard...
  • @Dougie_Powers_17 I thought so. It was the name scream eggs that got me thinking. I haven’t seen any round ours recently. Mind you it won’t be long before we start seeing cream eggs on sale. I’ve seen them on sale on Boxing Day
  • English pudding? .... or pudding as a generic term for dessert?

Or do you just like american pudding and custard and are specific on the difference? Lol he cause sometimes it can be confusing... ;)
  • @Dougie_Powers_17 I thought so. It was the name scream eggs that got me thinking. I haven’t seen any round ours recently. Mind you it won’t be long before we start seeing cream eggs on sale. I’ve seen them on sale on Boxing Day

Earliest I saw it was Woolworth's one year, had them on display a few days before Christmas ... apparently because Easter fell early the next year...
    Turkey1010 wrote: »
    English pudding? .... or pudding as a generic term for dessert?

Or do you just like american pudding and custard and are specific on the difference? Lol he cause sometimes it can be confusing... ;)

I don't know what American pudding is?.... haha...

At school it was called chocolate sponge pudding, so it's kind of generic, but can get confusing over here as well as I could have pudding with my chips (fries) peas and gravy...

I'm just gonna shut up now....
  • Turkey1010
    2653 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @Dougie_Powers_17 I thought so. It was the name scream eggs that got me thinking. I haven’t seen any round ours recently. Mind you it won’t be long before we start seeing cream eggs on sale. I’ve seen them on sale on Boxing Day

Earliest I saw it was Woolworth's one year, had them on display a few days before Christmas ... apparently because Easter fell early the next year...
    Turkey1010 wrote: »
    English pudding? .... or pudding as a generic term for dessert?

I don't know what American pudding is?.... haha...

At school it was called chocolate sponge pudding, so it's kind of generic, but can get confusing over here as well as I could have pudding with my chips (fries) peas and gravy...

I'm just gonna shut up now....

American pudding is like custard , except custard is egg based and pudding is thickened with cornstarch and milk instead of the egg.

I know what you mean that's why I asked cause some uk pudding seem like its a steamed cake some is sausage ... I watch the great British baking show and I have to really pay attention.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    @Turkey1010 The cake looks amazing.
  • Thanks @meinaz , I wish I could share It! I love to bake, but I always end up giving at least half away.. the fella doesn't really eat sweets often and Lord knows one person doesn't need a whole cake lol
  • Turkey1010 wrote: »
    Thanks @meinaz , I wish I could share It! I love to bake, but I always end up giving at least half away.. the fella doesn't really eat sweets often and Lord knows one person doesn't need a whole cake lol

Yes I do... :cry:
  • Just saw this on Facebook didn’t know they were on sale

tBw7gIL.jpg
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I used to really like Cadbury creme eggs but they have gotten really small and don't taste the same.
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    Mexican chocolate ftw. Abuelita!