EA Forums - Banner

The 'We LOVE chocolate' thread

Replies

• meinaz wrote: »
    I used to really like Cadbury creme eggs but they have gotten really small and don't taste the same.

I used to like them a lot too, but now I only like the caramel filled ones. Even though I haven't had them in years i do enjoy a chocolate covered cherry or 39... :o
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I used to really like Cadbury creme eggs but they have gotten really small and don't taste the same.

They changed the recipe to the chocolate a couple of years ago and it caused a big stink in the UK, my daughter doesn't like the taste of them anymore and won't eat them, whereas I can taste a difference but is not a big enough one to distract me from the fondant inside that I like about them...
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »

They changed the recipe to the chocolate a couple of years ago and it caused a big stink in the UK, my daughter doesn't like the taste of them anymore and won't eat them, whereas I can taste a difference but is not a big enough one to distract me from the fondant inside that I like about them...

I feel like the filling tastes different to me as well, but I could just be imaging things. I do like the caramel ones.
  • @meinaz don’t get me started on the size of chocolate, they have shrunk loeads of different bars but still charge full price. It annoys me that does
  • chocolate beer....
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • chocolate beer....

I thought you were joking I just googled it and yak :neutral:
  • chocolate beer....

I don't joke about beer... 0_0
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    chocolate beer....

I don't joke about beer... 0_0

raw
  • @meinaz don’t get me started on the size of chocolate, they have shrunk loeads of different bars but still charge full price. It annoys me that does

Are we talking those 4-packs for £1 that used to be full price bars and are now tidgy in comparison....

Are we talking those 4-packs for £1 that used to be full price bars and are now tidgy in comparison....
    Yes and individual ones. But I have noticed the individual ones getting bigger this past year compared to 5 years ago
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    [
    @meinaz don’t get me started on the size of chocolate, they have shrunk loeads of different bars but still charge full price. It annoys me that does

Tidgy?
    giphy.gif
  • [
    @meinaz don’t get me started on the size of chocolate, they have shrunk loeads of different bars but still charge full price. It annoys me that does

Tidgy?
    giphy.gif
    It means small
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    [

Tidgy?
    giphy.gif
    It means small
    Like tiny?

Yes and individual ones. But I have noticed the individual ones getting bigger this past year compared to 5 years ago

I tend to buy in multipacks as that's the best value, so haven't really noticed individual ones...

Just been to Sainsbury's and bought the fun-size malteasters multipack, at £1.50 (only £1.39 at Tesco but Sainsbury's is within walking distance, so saves on petrol) it works out the cheapest per gram, two 19.5g mini packs is just a little more than a 37g standard pack and there's 10 in a pack according to the packaging, not nine as advertised elsewhere... so it's equivalent to five standard packs for £1.50 and better than buying those £1 boxes that you end up opening to just have a few and next thing you know there's an empty box....

Tidgy:)
  • tidgy ... :)

I just edited my last post to add that and it went away for moderation.... ack... Oh well, I suppose me blabbing on about the best per gram price of Malteasers was a bit too off topic.... :lol:

I just edited my last post to add that and it went away for moderation.... ack... Oh well, I suppose me blabbing on about the best per gram price of Malteasers was a bit too off topic.... :lol:

Off topic in the off topic forum? :o:D

At the supermarket today I spied these:
    22894129_10155578866925199_6480879622923830656_n.jpg?oh=65367ce59ec7863cc699d40eb6e9e67e&oe=5A6186EF
    (And yes, of course I bought them ;) ).

22894129_10155578866925199_6480879622923830656_n.jpg?oh=65367ce59ec7863cc699d40eb6e9e67e&oe=5A6186EF

The peppermint looks nice but not the other.
  • I love Maltesers
  • Not that I am influenced at all by such forums but I did just gave a crunchie bar and I loved it! First one for years :p
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)

Omg...looks so yummy. Don't think we get those here. Another reason to come and visit :D