EA Forums - Banner

Anybody else doing horribly in this event?

Prev1
Usually I do well in events even with my crazy work schedule but this time I’m doing awful.

I missed the last prize during act 1 and in act 2 missed the last three. I’ve only fell short of the last prize twice in all the events I’ve participated in. So, is anyone else struggling or am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• It’s not just you, I usually finish with days to spare. Picked up Greystash just yesterday. I feel they are rewarding a lot less event currency than the usual. This is the first time this has happened to me. Hopefully it changes for this act
  • ?
    Okay, so I am a premium player.

I did buy all the premium beasts, and the equilax tent that generates 100 event currency per 4 HRs.

However, it seems like an easy event. If you purchased at least one premium character the event is made easier, with all characters I placed them in tasks that t generate currency, by "pausing" their questline
  • Like all of the events in the last 6 months or so, all of the events are geared so that you struggle if you don't have the premium content (especially premium characters/skins), and breeze through it if you do.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • anaquarind wrote: »
    Like all of the events in the last 6 months or so, all of the events are geared so that you struggle if you don't have the premium content (especially premium characters/skins), and breeze through it if you do.

yep... knew i'd miss about 9 days of act 2 while travelling, so I picked up the beastarium tent day 1 for the extra currency (also got treestache and angelica)... finished act 1 with 8 days to spare... finished act 2 with a day and a half (even with missing all those days).

• I have (act 2) 5 beasts, only one premium - the dragon. I finished act two 4 days ahead.

I log in maybe in the morning before work, and then when I get home.

Don't forget to use the enchanted monsters, and daily challanges, and to clear mystical pests.
    How do you play? I think this event is to easy. I have Lisa on the eliminator, and 4 others to fight/enchant the monsters.
  • In truth, not doing horribly, but my disappointment with this event has significantly reduced my interest in it.
    Another nail in this coffin is reading how EA is taking Christmas out of Christmas. If the coming event is sucked dry of the Christmas spirit I'm deleting it off my iPad.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    beastlymm wrote: »
    In truth, not doing horribly, but my disappointment with this event has significantly reduced my interest in it.
    Another nail in this coffin is reading how EA is taking Christmas out of Christmas. If the coming event is **** dry of the Christmas spirit I'm deleting it off my iPad.

Last years event was the only winter event that didn't involve Christmas. We don't really know if this is a trend. It could have been a try to do something different that people keep asking for but don't really want. At least, don't want the differences in the way that EA has approached them.
  • Fingers crossed, Meinaz
  • yup, I missed the last two prizes in Act 2, plus I have 1/2 of the crafting items from last year or whatever already... been a boring event. Maybe next year Halloween will be better.
  • The only premium helper item I bought was wizard Martin and I finished act 1 with 7 days to spare and finished act 2 with 5 days left. I really didn't need the Martin skin at all. This event has been very easy for me.
  • Uhhhhhhhhhh, if people are forgetting to do their monsters every time, it may help to house them near the job setter or your home base / town center.
  • I haven’t bought any premium items this time around because I didn’t buy my yearly THOH boatload of donuts since I’m saving for a car. I only have three characters to send and I’ve been sending them separately to catch or enchant. I’m almost done with Krawl so now I have the three headed guy and now the Barney monster, forgot his name.

There’s been past events that I didn’t buy anything for and I did fine so I don’t know. I’ve started sending all three after one monster at a time to see if that helps.
  • A couple of us started second towns after the event dropped and we both finished the first two acts. For me that means resetting tasks 4 times per day unless I forget once or stay up extra late on the weekend. We didn't even have Bart most of act 1 it did not cause a problem. Just like most events, you just need to be consistant.
  • Uhhhhhhhhhh, if people are forgetting to do their monsters every time, it may help to house them near the job setter or your home base / town center.

There have been a few times that I've simply gotten distracted and thought I reset the beasts but 4 hours later I realized I didn't. It's frustrating, but wasn't a deal breaker for act 2.
  • I have been pretty busy lately and usually only able to play once in the morning and once in the evening on weekdays. Finished Act 1 with 3 days to spare and Act 2 with 2 days to spare. Having enough donuts to buy Angelica Button, Treestache, Wiggops, and the item that generates 100 event currency every 4 hours has helped greatly, so not sure if I'd have finished without those.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • Actually I am doing well this event. Got the final prizes in both act one and two and even got bonus donuts. The last major event, I didn't do so well.
  • Act 3 is "harder" because of the Monty fight. I work 60 hour weeks and play at least 4 times a day (during breaks/lunch) and I think I'll make it...
  • Harder because The Vestige quest is so buggy and still not fixed.
  • Its another highly geared premium event. I’m getting 800-1,000 frogs every 4 hours from the tent and all the monsters as well as the Morty battles.
  • Couldn’t disagree more with some of the comments about it being hard. I’m a free only player and have found this one of the easiest to complete of many tasks.

I’ve used no doughnuts to speed anything up at all.

I completed both the first 2 acts with a day or so to spare and should be on track for the final act too,
    This is without using friends for extra.

Just remember to have all the beasts available as that earns a load.

The only thing I won’t be completing is montymort as that is going to take longer than the time left without using doughnuts.