EA Forums - Banner

The Scratch-R / Golden Scratch-R are misleading!

The golden tickets are mainly to get you hooked on donuts which means you will buy them in the future.... well thats their plan anyway :lol:

Im already addited to buying donuts so take this as my friendly warning they like Pringles "once you pop you cant stop" sooo "once you bought donuts you cant stop" :lol:

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Whenever you do the regular scratch-r it tells you how many donuts you would've won if you had done a golden scratch-r. When I got 3 mallets on the regular scratch-r, it said I would've gotten 30 donuts on the golden. I did some goldens and eventually got 3 mallets but I only got 20 donuts! This seems extremely shady and I wanted to bring it to people's attention.

Thanks for the heads up. I doubt it's intentional.
  • XScripts
    438 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Whenever you do the regular scratch-r it tells you how many donuts you would've won if you had done a golden scratch-r. When I got 3 mallets on the regular scratch-r, it said I would've gotten 30 donuts on the golden. I did some goldens and eventually got 3 mallets but I only got 20 donuts! This seems extremely shady and I wanted to bring it to people's attention.

Thanks for letting us know. I have been holding back on giving in to the Scratcher obsession... Yet.
  • redmms
    45 posts
    edited March 2013
    I had to try it once so I did and won 50 but I will NOT try again lol
  • echoes999
    30 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    It tells you what you could have won if you had purchashed a golden ticket. It's not saying every time you get 3 mallets on a golden ticket you get that amount. It's just letting you know that had you purchased a golden ticket you would have one whatever so they can try and hook you through your curiosity.
  • psukegreen
    539 posts
    edited March 2013
    This is misleading. I went right to left.
    image_zps1ccb838c.jpg
  • tfaehner
    59 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have a rule about not using any of my own money for donuts. I will use iTunes gift cards to purchase donuts but my actual money is off limits.. Same rule applies to the golden scratchers.
  • lll3lucky
    545 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    It's just like the regular lottery..."YOU HAVE TO PLAY TO WIN", but just remember that for every ticket you buy it's not always going to hit.
  • USDPC
    221 posts
    edited March 2013
    I think each KWIK-E-MART should have its own individual Scratch-R Timer, instead of one for all.
    Especially since the KWIK-E-MART pays out so low.
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    I've only bought one and won 9 donuts, not sure whether ill buy again :-S knowing me... Probably will :-)
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited March 2013
    Ive done it a few times now & the highest ive got is 12 :(

Do i try again? hmmm dont know
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mattkara68
    283 posts
    edited March 2013
    USDPC wrote:
    I think each KWIK-E-MART should have its own individual Scratch-R Timer, instead of one for all.
    Especially since the KWIK-E-MART pays out so low.

YES! Me to :!:
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    It maybe a coincidence but me and my girlfriend were discussing this before. I have just over $1M and every time I do a Scratch-R I got 1 or 2 bombs EVERYTIME, where as my girlfriend has around $300k and has had the jackpot twice :-S like I say may be coincidence
  • cjmills82
    90 posts
    edited March 2013

You do realize there is a legend at the bottom that tells you what you get, right? Three mallets = 20 donuts. You would have known that after one ticket, so if you kept playing just to try and get the 3 mallets, then it's your own problem.
  • thebassics917
    3 posts
    edited March 2013
    cjmills82 wrote:

You do realize there is a legend at the bottom that tells you what you get, right? Three mallets = 20 donuts. You would have known that after one ticket, so if you kept playing just to try and get the 3 mallets, then it's your own problem.

Apparently you didn't read the first line of my post. I'm not talking about the legend at the bottom of the golden scratch-r (which does match up to what you get). I'm talking about when you do the regular scratch-r and it tells you how many donuts you would've gotten had you done a golden scratch-r and got the same symbols on the ticket. That's where the discrepancy is. The game misleads you by telling you in the regular scratch-r that you'll get more donuts than you actually do in the golden scratch-r despite having the same symbols on the ticket in each.
  • odbcakes
    16 posts
    edited March 2013
    NStanger91 wrote:
    It maybe a coincidence but me and my girlfriend were discussing this before. I have just over $1M and every time I do a Scratch-R I got 1 or 2 bombs EVERYTIME, where as my girlfriend has around $300k and has had the jackpot twice :-S like I say may be coincidence

I have around $18,000 and played the scratch off 5 times and the highest I got was 9 donuts. So, no, they don't have pity on you. :)
  • NStanger91
    1358 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    odbcakes wrote:
    NStanger91 wrote:

I have around $18,000 and played the scratch off 5 times and the highest I got was 9 donuts. So, no, they don't have pity on you. :)

I meant on the normal ones not the golden ones :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.