EA Forums - Banner

Does Lord Montymort ever actually die?!

Prev1
I've been fighting him with my monsters every 4 hours for what seems like 3000 years and I still somehow haven't defeated him even once out of the three times I need to defeat him! Just what the bloody hell is going on here?

Replies

• Yes, it takes forever.

Gotta clear the 15 hearts or whatever using Springfielders.
    Then 15 hearts or whatever using beasts.

Then Montymort regains his Health for round 2 and 3.
  • adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    He shields himself from springfielders then he grows big to fend himself of the two big monsters, so the idea is that he will take a lot longer to beat. But you do come to an end eventually. And the red icon disappears.
    After the quest line he can still protect himself but on his own.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • 3000 years? Your almost there, it actually takes 3,107 years to finish ;)
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • I have just defeated him once this morning. There is no way I will complete before the event finishes so might as well give up. I think this event is even worse than the one we must not mention!!
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • For my part i really enjoy this event! I love everything magic, fantasy etc. Yes he dies eventually, i agree its far more challenging that act 1 and 2 which is imo a nice way to end the event
  • I've been fighting him with my monsters every 4 hours for what seems like 3000 years and I still somehow haven't defeated him even once out of the three times I need to defeat him! Just what the bloody **** is going on here?

afb.gif
  • Is there any downside if we never finish this quest? I've already got Dracula, so I don't need the frog reward. Is there any other prize that goes with finishing this seemingly endless quest?
  • txrabbit3737
    1130 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Is there any downside if we never finish this quest? I've already got Dracula, so I don't need the frog reward. Is there any other prize that goes with finishing this seemingly endless quest?

You get Montymort as a playable character. That's all.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • Is there any downside if we never finish this quest? I've already got Dracula, so I don't need the frog reward. Is there any other prize that goes with finishing this seemingly endless quest?

You unlock Lord Montymort as a playable character.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • I got just so bored with the keep fighting Montymort that for the first time whilst I've been playing the game I used donuts to speed up the whole sequence and get it over with, it was bad enough having to do each beast twice to get them usable but this Montymort fight has to be the worst idea ever.
  • johncolombo
    11384 posts Senior Moderator
    @Muhsterino and other have been crunching the math on this task and the conclusion was unless the devs make a change to the game there is no way to finish Montymort in time unless you spend some donuts. The conclusion was rush his rest times which is only 2 donuts and I think he only rests for 4 hours 3 times. That said you'd still need to clear him every 4 times a day.

see this for a detailed explanation:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/169096/psa-for-freemium-players-lord-montymort-tasks#latest
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • This whole battling Montymort sounded good on paper; but boy howdy did they butcher the idea in practice.

I can assure you EA won't try something this hard ever again. At least you can speed the process up? If you couldn't, then this battling subplot would be absolutely insane.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Hello guys!

Pls tell me how to go to this Lord Mortymort thing? I can see that my neighbors are already fighting him, I have him standing in the middle of some ruins, but I don't have an option to fight him...
    Do I need all the beasts for that? Because I didn't get Treestache. I don't have enough donuts.

What do you get after fighting Mortymort? Is it something not to miss?

Thx
  • Hello guys!

Pls tell me how to go to this Lord Mortymort thing? I can see that my neighbors are already fighting him, I have him standing in the middle of some ruins, but I don't have an option to fight him...
    Do I need all the beasts for that? Because I didn't get Treestache. I don't have enough donuts.

Thx
    when you defeat him 4 times total you unlock him
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Hello guys!

Thx

You don't need all the beasts. I don't have Wiggops and I still can do beast fights. You can only fight with two beasts at a time max anyway.
    You might have been affected by the glitch, which is now supposed to have been patched.
  • Hello guys!

Thx

You don't need all the beasts. I don't have Wiggops and I still can do beast fights. You can only fight with two beasts at a time max anyway.
    You might have been affected by the glitch, which is now supposed to have been patched.

So what do I do?
    I can select him, but no jobs or objectives appear related to him. My beasts roam the city free, not doing much.
    I logged out and in again but nothing changed.
  • You don't select him. Click the purple bottle (quest icon) to see where you are at with the quest and how to proceed.
  • @Muhsterino and other have been crunching the math on this task and the conclusion was unless the devs make a change to the game there is no way to finish Montymort in time unless you spend some donuts. The conclusion was rush his rest times which is only 2 donuts and I think he only rests for 4 hours 3 times. That said you'd still need to clear him every 4 times a day.

see this for a detailed explanation:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/169096/psa-for-freemium-players-lord-montymort-tasks#latest

Aquiring Lordy Montypants is not one of the quests prizes. Therefore I have a hunch that this is not in relation to the time period counting down on the quest but rather (like other countless stuff you will end up with from quests) runs over quest time, as some parts of quests often always do.
  • lwcalre568 wrote: »
    You don't select him. Click the purple bottle (quest icon) to see where you are at with the quest and how to proceed.

I could actually select him, he has an icon in the top left corner of the screen. The bottle has an exclamation mark on it, but if I tap it, it shows me Treestache and tells me to get him from the store. Nothing else.

Thanks for the replies, but I think I'm gonna give up - it's just a costume, I don't really want it that bad.

Although I had a cool glitch too during this event. I bought 110 donuts (or something like this), payed for it, and it sent me the donuts twice without charging me for the second time. LoL
  • lwcalre568 wrote: »
    You don't select him. Click the purple bottle (quest icon) to see where you are at with the quest and how to proceed.

I could actually select him, he has an icon in the top left corner of the screen. The bottle has an exclamation mark on it, but if I tap it, it shows me Treestache and tells me to get him from the store. Nothing else.

Thanks for the replies, but I think I'm gonna give up - it's just a costume, I don't really want it that bad.

Although I had a cool glitch too during this event. I bought 110 donuts (or something like this), payed for it, and it sent me the donuts twice without charging me for the second time. LoL

It's not a costume. It's a full character.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?