EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone not use the monorail?

Prev13
While visiting my multitude of friends I have discovered I seem to be one of the very few tappers that doesn’t use the monorail and has it tucked away in storage. Basically because I think it makes my town look messy and think it’s hard to make it look decent. Just wondering if anyone else around here doesn’t use it and for what reason, or am I just one weird lone wolf?

Replies

• In my 2nd town I haven't even started it.
    TBCyb8G.png
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I don't use it. I had it out for a long time, but I felt like it blocked parts of my town so I just stored it. I like my town better without it.
  • I don't have a connected monorail, but I have all the stations that earn IGC out. One day I will worry about making my town look nice. Right now I'm just trying to get as much money earning things in as small a space as possible.
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I just recently scrapped mine. I never really liked the look of it, and how it blocked everything it was near. Plus there is the item limit to consider.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    my monorail is in the outskirts of my town only , I don't like the rail blocking the facades in the old town.
  • "Different strokes for different folks," eh? The monorail is one of the best features of TSTO from my perspective. I have a main route that is almost 8 minutes long and extends from SH all the way to the far east side of Springfield. I have a second, inner-loop in Springfield that's just about 4 minutes.

Unfortunately, EA has never seen fit to allow us to swap, sell or get rid of rail pieces we cannot use so I now have over 500 useless items in inventory and with the new, never-ending recycling program, that number will quickly double I'm sure. How about a dollar sale on rail pieces, EA - or 100 sections traded in for one donut? I'd go for that in a heartbeat. Just sayin'...........
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • I don't use it. Because every piece adds to the incredibly small item cap that is at almost max right now in my town. So why would I want to make it worse by adding all those useless tracks? So I can make my game lag and max out my item cap in 3 seconds? Although I did originally use them during the actual monorail event.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    I don't use it. Because every piece adds to the incredibly small item cap that is at almost max right now in my town. So why would I want to make it worse by adding all those useless tracks? So I can make my game lag and max out my item cap in 3 seconds? Although I did originally use them during the actual monorail event.

Ehhh...incredibly small? It's pretty large actually. What's your multiplier at @1pillform ? There's the cap issue. :p
  • I use my monorail, but it's stuck in a small, endless loop.

So; do I actually use mine? Eh, sometimes; I like to ride it and pretend I'm an engineer. :p
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • I've store mine because Its goes against the item limit and that there's always about 300 items that go into the design I have made in the past.
    Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase for your designs. I try to keep it alive.
  • I have a very long rail in my main town, with some interesting patterns of rails. I use it more so to delineate sections of town rather than fences or (I hate them) roads. They surround the industries, separate the trash sorting area from the big park, and run through the Heights to annoy the wealthy. The facades that they may block are not all that fancy, and the more prominent ones show up just fine. And as no one can drive anywhere in Springfield, it gives the less mobile and lazy characters an easy ride.
  • I love my crazy roller coaster of a monorail. I was lucky enough to use a glitch that multiplied items in the inventory. I have since built a huge rail system with all the track I generated. :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • I have a very long railway track in my town and it is laid such that it is not blocking anything. I feel the town would be incomplete without it
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    edit. never mind.
  • 94nt3nb31n wrote: »
    this post made me delete my monoraill from my town.
    Happy to be of assistance.

Interesting thoughts going on, never really though of the item limit but yeah that’s also a good reason to confine the monorail to the inventory. I just think it looks hideous running around the town and it screwed up the neatness of my little Springfield.
  • I have mine in SFH only for the same reason as you, because it ruins my regular SF. It's messy and blocks things. I have considered just putting the whole thing away.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • 94nt3nb31n wrote: »
    this post made me delete my monoraill from my town.
    Happy to be of assistance.

Interesting thoughts going on, never really though of the item limit but yeah that’s also a good reason to confine the monorail to the inventory. I just think it looks hideous running around the town and it screwed up the neatness of my little Springfield.

too slow editing :) whatever.
  • I worked hard on my monorail and was proud of how it turned out so was a difficult decision to get rid of it. I don’t regret it though. I managed to design so it didn’t interfere with any buildings but my people were always hiding behind it and I’m one of the few who still really enjoys seeing what my citizens are up to. I’ve seen some really awesome rails though and am always impressed with those who are really into it.
  • You know what would be awesome is a ground level trolley that would run down the middle of roads and have stations. That would be much less intrusive.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I have my monorail running around my entire city with loops and twists and turns