EA Forums - Banner

What's your favourite scary movie?

Prev1
0Brooders0
2193 posts Member
edited November 2017
I am a horror addict so watch them all. >:)
But my favourite has to be THE THING with Kurt Russell.

What's yours?
*Sidney* :D
Post edited by 0Brooders0 on
Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)

Replies

• i6j22wz.gif

You are IT!
  • I dunno. I’m not sure that I have a definitive favorite so much as a bunch of films I think are really good. I’ll just say The Haunting, Robert Wise’s 1963 film version of the Shirley Jackson novel.
  • I loved The Thing , too! It was a lot like a murder mystery , only the killer was a shapeshfting alien. And the practical effects were amazing IMO.
    My favorite horror movie is still American Werewolf in London. Good story , great effects and a dark sense of humor.
  • LawrenceCohen1
    3760 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Tough call. I'll pick REC and REC 2 by by Jaume Balagueró and Paco Plaza.
    Rec_poster.jpg
    41iNZ0L1SgL._SX342_.jpg

• Love American werewolf in London too! <3

Will have to look up the REC films... thanks >:)
  • Tough call. I'll pick REC and REC 2 by by Jaume Balagueró and Paco Plaza.
    Rec_poster.jpg
    41iNZ0L1SgL._SX342_.jpg

These look scary! :o
  • Love scaredy movies.
    I really can't pick just one :D
    To start my list.....The Fly, Invasion of the body snatchers ( the original one with Donald Sutherland),Silence of the Lambs, 28 Days later....I could go on :D
  • All excellent movies!!! >:)
  • Invasion of the body snatchers ( the original one with Donald Sutherland)

Sorry to quibble, but I can’t help myself. The original version of this film was released in 1956. It was directed by Don Siegel and starred Kevin McCarthy.

Sorry to quibble, but I can’t help myself. The original version of this film was released in 1956. It was directed by Don Siegel and starred Kevin McCarthy.

You're right, I was meaning I didnt really enjoy the latest version. I enjoyed the on with Donald Sutherland the best.

You're right, I was meaning I didnt really enjoy the latest version. I enjoyed the on with Donald Sutherland the best.

I remember that it got somewhat mixed reviews when it came out, but I think that over time a consensus has emerged that the 1978 version is the best of the three (although I think the first one is also worth seeing).

I remember that it got somewhat mixed reviews when it came out, but I think that over time a consensus has emerged that the 1978 version is the best of the three (although I think the first one is also worth seeing).

I agree, the first one is a decent version but the 1978 one was the best for me.

I also liked Don't look now which starred Donald Sutherland again....the little red coated character, which he thought was his daughter, was very freaky.

• We watched Annabelle Creation a few nights ago. It scared the sh!t out of me.
  • We watched Annabelle Creation a few nights ago. It scared the sh!t out of me.

I'm looking forward to seeing that! :#
  • One of the more scary movie I watched this year is The Autopsy of Jane Doe. I think the most scary movie for me is Ringu in Japanese
  • Will keep an eye out for the Jane Doe movie thanks @168sean168 >:)

Is Ringu the original Rings movies? Just wondering?
  • Ringu is the original Japanese horror film which Hollywood adapted from and made The Ring. It is scary for the vibes and atmosphere. @0Brooders0
  • any movie with Mr. Bean in it....
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    Ringu is the original Japanese horror film which Hollywood adapted from and made The Ring. It is scary for the vibes and atmosphere. @0Brooders0

I watched both and love them both but I found the remake scarier. I think they did a good job with that most terrifying scene by blurring the lines between the TV and reality. A lot of this was probably just improved special effects to maintain Samara's black-and-white appearance, but found it very effective.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • anaquarind wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Ringu is the original Japanese horror film which Hollywood adapted from and made The Ring. It is scary for the vibes and atmosphere. @0Brooders0

I watched both and love them both but I found the remake scarier. I think they did a good job with that most terrifying scene by blurring the lines between the TV and reality. A lot of this was probably just improved special effects to maintain Samara's black-and-white appearance, but found it very effective.

Ditto. I respect the opinion of those who prefer the original version, but I found the 2002 Gore Verbinski remake marginally more effective.