EA Forums - Banner

Taking a full town screenshot

Prev1
Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was anyone who would be willing to take the time and sign in to my account and take screenshots of my town, and then stitch them all together. I know its a big think to ask but I dont have the time to do it and i really want to see what it looks like. Anyway, if theres someone willing to do it I appreciate it and PM me. Thanks!

Replies

• I would always caution anyone against giving their login and password to anybody on the forum or anywhere else. Somebody who is less than trustworthy may hijack that account.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • It is also against the terms of service to give anyone your login and password.
  • I'll do it for US$0.20 per screenshot. Joking! It's sucky work.
  • Just use a camera and a device you play on, it's what I've done with my town. Yeah, it takes a bit of time, but if you want to do it, that's what you'll have to do.
  • If someone was your neighbor and wanted to do it for you, they could without needing your login and password...

I'm not offering by the way, I am no good at that picture stitching stuff...
  • LPNintendoITA
    11398 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    there was a site done by spAnser but the site hasn't been updated since forever
    or just do a video of it with a screen recorder like Mobizen or Game Launcher
  • THIS would be a mega feature if EA was willing to add it for us.
    And there would be much rejoicing!
  • So, you could ask someone to friend you and then (s)he takes the screenshots and sends them to you
  • I could imagine them getting a hold of your town and the first thing they do is nuke it.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    I could imagine them getting a hold of your town and the first thing they do is nuke it.

a giant stitched picture of green grass...
  • EA. Please make this an option before you stop supporting the game and pull it off the servers.
  • Spanser. I wonder whatever happened to him. His posts telling us there was an update incoming were some of the most eagerly anticipated posts of the early years of this game.
  • You wouldn't need to give them your account info for them to take screenshots of your town, they can do that on a friend visit.
  • Spanser. I wonder whatever happened to him. His posts telling us there was an update incoming were some of the most eagerly anticipated posts of the early years of this game.

once i arrived and he found a job he stopped updating. i didn't want to take on the role but he is super busy so
  • 1pillform
    1996 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    lol It'd be easier to have someone put you on their friend list in the game and have them do the screenshots that way. You don't need to give out your account in order to get something as simple as a screenshot of your town. Although screenshotting the entire town is impossible for me. I still haven't done mine. Number 1 its too big, and second I suck at putting the images together. They are a bunch of "boxes" side by side....I can't even make it look good.

EA just needs to stop being lazy and figure out a way to zoom all the way out, either that or some way to screenshot but maybe it somehow screenshots the entire town when it does so.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • wadebear wrote: »
    It is also against the terms of service to give anyone your login and password.

Not that I’d advise it, but strictly speaking this doesn’t seem to be quite true. The forum rules tell us not to post account information (or other personal-type stuff) out in the open. But there’s nothing that forbids my privately communicating that info to someone of my choosing. And the only thing the TOS has to say on the subject is to prohibit users from attempting to obtain, or phish for, a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on EA Services.
  • I've never understood the appeal of a "full-town" screenshot.

It helps with design to get a big picture (for me anyway.)
    Neighbour requirements: 100% Freemium. Daily Tapper. Send PM first.

I think it’s kind neat to be able to see your town in one image. Just my opinion, of course. I did this once when my Springfield was a lot smaller than at present; it was a fair amount of work back then and I doubt I’d ever repeat the process.

I also think it’s fairly unlikely that this will ever become a program feature.

• Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was anyone who would be willing to take the time and sign in to my account and take screenshots of my town, and then stitch them all together. I know its a big think to ask but I dont have the time to do it and i really want to see what it looks like. Anyway, if theres someone willing to do it I appreciate it and PM me. Thanks!

you're kidding, right? lol.