EA Forums - Banner

Donut Boxes Are Scammy

Prev13
I think anyone playing for a long time and KEM farming for donuts have felt like getting a single donut in a box seems to happen a lot. In order to test whether it comes up more I kept track over hundreds of openings while only choosing the middle box and I got 1 donut 66.6% of the time or 2/3. This should have only happened 33.3% of the time. Having three options implies that the user has an equal chance of getting one, two or three donuts. At the very least in a game where said prizes are also available for real world money I think accurate odds should be made extremely clear in game. Has anyone else tested this? Very disappointed in the Simpsons virtual 3 card monty.

Replies

• stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    How did you determine that the amount of openings you did ("over hundreds") was a sufficient number of openings?
    Post edited by stinkbugger on
  • My favorite thing now is after i detect a series of repeats (right, right, right) I'll continue to bet on the streak. Or if i miss the first 3 repeats I'll continue to bet against the streak until it ends, which can make you feel like a total fool as the streak goes on and on like it's taunting you.
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    rock solid average of two here, give or take a few percent. thousands of kems over time. opening only one box. just did a calculation to confirm the numbers i get when harvesting.

-edit- come to think of it. i mistrust ops percentages. while not impossible 2/3 exactly is highly extremely unlikely.
    everybody gets sequences of 3,4 or even 5 single donuts and this injustice :) tends to linger in your mind.
    relax, even the single ones are free.
    Post edited by 94nt3nb31n on
  • If you don't like getting 1 most of the time how about you buy them instead. :)
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • just keep opening until you get 3
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • or simply don't hit middle first :smiley:

I never tracking, always forget.
    But, I have the impression that I get more often 2 or 3.
    Of course, 1 in the row are not pleasant.
  • My boxes often repeat in the same box of 3 for maybe 3-4 times. So once I find the 3 donut box I will always pick it again and again until it swaps out. :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    My boxes often repeat in the same box of 3 for maybe 3-4 times. So once I find the 3 donut box I will always pick it again and again until it swaps out. :)

and after that, whatever you do, you get a nice string of single donuts :D
  • 94nt3nb31n wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    My boxes often repeat in the same box of 3 for maybe 3-4 times. So once I find the 3 donut box I will always pick it again and again until it swaps out. :)

and after that, whatever you do, you get a nice string of single donuts :D

Agree! :D
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • This has been discussed many times over the years, and nobody has been able to detect a pattern.
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    ...At the very least in a game where said prizes are also available for real world money ...
    this isn't true is it?
    unless you are short on igm and buying it. but that is stretching reasoning.
    Post edited by 94nt3nb31n on
  • Works great for me.
  • I buy rat trap trucks and get 2-3 donuts every bonut even if it gives 1 out i get like 600 donuts a time thats the way to go.
  • This has been discussed many times over the years, and nobody has been able to detect a pattern.
    tennant-this.jpg

• I think anyone playing for a long time and KEM farming for donuts have felt like getting a single donut in a box seems to happen a lot.

Nope. Always feels random and fair to me.
  • The trick is to not pick the middle. It's the left or right that have the good odds. :wink: There's three boxes, you seriously can't determine chance without examining all three boxes equally. You've done a run of over a hundred, now find that exact number and run the same on the left box, and another hundred+ on the right box. Then you'll be able to get your average.

Anyways, I usually pick the left or right, but I never stick with one box for that long. I think the game is designed for trying to pick the box that has 3 donuts....not just for crossing your fingers and hoping the middle box always has 3 donuts. Play the game right and then we'll talk numbers.

For me, I can get 2 or 3 donuts pretty frequently...as long as I'm "trying". Good luck!
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • We have discussed multiple strategies here over the past couple years. If your multiplier is low, you're better off just paying to pick another box, but only if you get 1 donut on the first try. If you get 2 donuts, it's not worth it to take the risk of getting 1 donut and wasting 50,000 cash for nothing.
  • We have discussed multiple strategies here over the past couple years. If your multiplier is low, you're better off just paying to pick another box, but only if you get 1 donut on the first try. If you get 2 donuts, it's not worth it to take the risk of getting 1 donut and wasting 50,000 cash for nothing.

If you get 2 and pick again and get 1, you still keep the 2, so the only risk is losing the 50k
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    For me, I can get 2 or 3 donuts pretty frequently...as long as I'm "trying". Good luck!...

i've read somewhere that if you speak well of EA on the forum it improves your odds and that it is a cumulative thing. something to keep in mind.
  • EA Rules !!!
    Well done EA!!
    Thanks !!