EA Forums - Banner

Donut Boxes Are Scammy

Replies

• EA's the best.

Keep up the good work EA!!
  • omg you lot are so primal...
  • EA, forgive Pevh for he knows not what he says. Oh EA who art in California, do not hold this sarcasm against him.
    We praise thy name, all gamers adore Thee.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • 94nt3nb31n
    257 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    uy..........
    Post edited by 94nt3nb31n on
  • I did a 100 times non stop level up study before and the results seem to be random outcome
  • I just flipped a coin 100 times and it landed heads 60% of the time! I'm marching to the bank right now to exchange this scammy coin for a real one!
  • smohqy
    2106 posts Member
    I just flipped a coin once, and it came up tails 100% of the time. Gan sarnit scammy coin!
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    smohqy wrote: »
    I just flipped a coin once, and it came up tails 100% of the time. Gan sarnit scammy coin!

You must teach me your secret, oh wise one! Is it witchcraft? A crystal ball? Magic? Human sacrifice? I must know! Pm me if you do not wish to post this wonderful gift.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • I feel the same way as OP at times but it is probably random like it claims. I do appreciate your study into it rather then just going off feeling. To agree with other posters here though i think you would need to choose left for 100, middle for 100 and right for 100 straight each time then compare what you get to get something conclusive.

I was just having this feeling all week that the odds to get 1 donut seemed much higher then getting the 2 or 3 but i was basing it all off nothing but feeling and getting a ton of single donut boxes first pick
  • I enjoy getting one, then I know I am going to get 3. I'll chase 3 if I get one first. If 2 pops up first I accept. I won't chase 3.
  • I feel the same way as OP at times but it is probably random like it claims. I do appreciate your study into it rather then just going off feeling. To agree with other posters here though i think you would need to choose left for 100, middle for 100 and right for 100 straight each time then compare what you get to get something conclusive.

I think that which box is chosen is probably irrelevant. Most likely the "boxes" are not coded with an specific outcome. Rather, when you open any given box, it rolls the RNG and assigns the outcome (ie. if you picked the right box and got one donut, it doesn't mean that one of the other boxes was "marked" for 3 donuts. From a programming perspective, it wouldn't make much sense to do that. But I do agree that more n-numbers would be needed, probably in the thousands, before you could do proper statistical analysis.

Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • smohqy
    2106 posts Member
    smohqy wrote: »

You must teach me your secret, oh wise one! Is it witchcraft? A crystal ball? Magic? Human sacrifice? I must know! Pm me if you do not wish to post this wonderful gift.

It's all in the wrist.
  • thank you moderaters. you triggered something special.
  • smohqy
    2106 posts Member
    What did I miss?
  • Actually, it's quite simple: the best box is always the last one you pick. Sooo, just pick the last one first. Easy peasy.
    That's a cold shot, baby. Yeah, that's a drag.
  • smohqy wrote: »
    What did I miss?

I must have missed it too. I tried your method, but it came up heads 100% of the time both times. I must be doing something wrong.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • smohqy wrote: »
    What did I miss?

I must have missed it too. I tried your method, but it came up heads 100% of the time both times. I must be doing something wrong.

You've got the coin upside-down.
  • aa005d22d328290fc00090ebde80e33f.jpg
    Science. Deal with it.
    94nt3nb31n wrote: »
    simp7fan wrote: »
    For me, I can get 2 or 3 donuts pretty frequently...as long as I'm "trying". Good luck!...

i've read somewhere that if you speak well of EA on the forum it improves your odds and that it is a cumulative thing. something to keep in mind.
    Except....I'm sure I've done the opposite more often. :)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • anaquarind wrote: »
    I feel the same way as OP at times but it is probably random like it claims. I do appreciate your study into it rather then just going off feeling. To agree with other posters here though i think you would need to choose left for 100, middle for 100 and right for 100 straight each time then compare what you get to get something conclusive.

I think that which box is chosen is probably irrelevant. Most likely the "boxes" are not coded with an specific outcome. Rather, when you open any given box, it rolls the RNG and assigns the outcome (ie. if you picked the right box and got one donut, it doesn't mean that one of the other boxes was "marked" for 3 donuts. From a programming perspective, it wouldn't make much sense to do that. But I do agree that more n-numbers would be needed, probably in the thousands, before you could do proper statistical analysis.

Agree.

Choosing a box makes no difference. It’s probably something like x% chance of 3, x% chance of 2 and x% chance of 1 doughnut.

• I almost always choose the third box, and 80-85% of the time, I get three donuts.