EA Forums - Banner

Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow launches June 29th

Replies

• Well when I thought about it, good job I don't have another character, seeing as I'm bouncing off my IGC limit all the time, weird how little fuel and effort I need to do chip runs now after getting used to those marathon missions...

Doing a mix of Earth missions 3 and 4 for a variety of chips... buying Raouls hair every time is a wise investment as well...
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Standard Tiny co - timer challenges do not adjust to the end of the event.

Bored of chip runs and haven't even done that many
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Slurm event is live
  • Oh dear Lord!..... No rest then...
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    So far it's cake
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Is this just a mini event? Just some Fry skin and a premium character?

Edit: looks like there's an unlockable character, Bev. You need to unlock the Fry skin first and use him to convert the berries into slurm cans. You need 108 total cans for Bev, at 10 berries each, and the event ends the 14th.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • Five day mini event then... I might be able to handle that...

It does look easy so far..... too easy..... Hmmm..

Those oompa -loompa type guys seem to spawn pretty quickly, the missions are short (even though I've run out of dark matter after chip running all day) and there's a few big chips to win.. let's see how I get on..

I've just trimmed my town of all the Lrrr event buildings, you know the ones that paid a ratio of 2IGC per hour, don't like having income earning buildings in storage, but the new event items have more than made up for them and I'm not struggling for IGC so shouldn't miss the hit their low payouts gave me...

• Gah... placed the Royal Slurm Vat earlier, which unlocked the Fry costume but I ran out of fuel 1 royal slurm short of being able to afford it. Now earned more royal slurm but my Royal Slurm Vat has mysteriously disappeared (can't find it in NNY or inventory) so Fry costume is locked again and I don't have enough berries to buy another Royal Slurm Vat just yet!
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2310 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    girl22721 wrote: »
    Gah... placed the Royal Slurm Vat earlier, which unlocked the Fry costume but I ran out of fuel 1 royal slurm short of being able to afford it. Now earned more royal slurm but my Royal Slurm Vat has mysteriously disappeared (can't find it in NNY or inventory) so Fry costume is locked again and I don't have enough berries to buy another Royal Slurm Vat just yet!

How odd!...

I'm taking from this that it's better not to place the vat until you have enough royal jelly to unlock Duke Fry?... It's bedtime for me anyway... so I'll know myself in the morning

Edit: Just nipped in to look and now Fry's costume is locked for me until I place the vat... whereas before I could click on it and see how many royal jelly I had and needed to unlock it..

Server update perhaps?.. maybe it reset the vat and costume link and nerfed anyone who had already placed the vat....
  • Yeah, I don't know what's going on - definitely checked my progress against the 65 royal slurm needed for him earlier but maybe the vat didn't actually place successfully if it wasn't needed. I was using my tablet initially and (as usual) had many crashes so might have missed a 'NOT ENOUGH MATERIALS' message without realising it didn't work!
  • Wow, sucky, guys. I'm glad I got the skin first. In fact, I'm considering skipping the vat and getting the slurm factory so that Fry can start earning cans while I wait for ages for Grunka Lunkas to show up. I'm just not sure it's bad, like maybe the questline will get locked or something.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Well, I can't complain about hitting my IGC limit now.... Level 30 required for the last run and that's the maximum level.... hmmm

Got up this morning to see a load of Grunka Lunkas waiting for me, so got enough to build the vat, straight away it released Duke Fry and hos quests..

Waiting on berries for the factory, in the meantime got 100% on mission 6 and working backwards from there to get all the chips and make an assault on the last run... being hit first and taking 700+ damage is a stinker..

Hope you've managed to make progress after the glitch @girl22721
  • Yep, thanks. I've successfully placed the vat and run missions up to 5 (completed 100% up to 4) now; haven't attempted mission 6 yet. I no doubt won't be able to place the factory until I get home from work tonight, due to crashing whenever I'm using my tablet rather than the emulator.
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Wait, how are you guys so far ahead already? I'm like halfway to getting the Fry skin, and I've been playing pretty hardcore.
  • Well I can only speak for myself, but I started not long after the event hit last night (my time) was full of IGC so could upgrade my characters with any chips I had, three scientists at L27/28 Fry at L25 and Bender at L30 clears the first six missions easily, plus dark mater not much of a problem when my limit is 84 and built up a lot overnight..

Higher missions issue a lot of royal jelly, plus, like I mentioned, it hit last night for me, so when I woke this morning there was plenty of grunka lunka's waiting to give me enough berries for the vat and about 60/200 for the factory now, should be done tonight after work
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    I'm glad I got the skin first. In fact, I'm considering skipping the vat and getting the slurm factory so that Fry can start earning cans while I wait for ages for Grunka Lunkas to show up.
    I don't think there's much point since making cans requires berries....therefore I might as well go in the order the game wants me to or I won't get credit and advance into the event correctly.
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2310 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I think mission six is just there to completely annoy people like @girl22721 who want to get 100% on everything... because it's sure as heck not easy, even with an average of 29 I never made it far into the third battle...

Think it's their way of giving us something to use up our piles of free health packs on...

Anyway, as for the factory, I've just been on as i'm about to go to sleep and I'm now 198/200 for the factory... pfft... not paying 3 pizza per berry either... it'll do when I get up tomorrow... *hurumph*
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm at 190. I'll have it in an hour or two.

Mission six is for a challenge. I've been grinding mission five...and it's basically easy with 3 level 30, and some mid-twenties. How is it that I can't even make it halfway on mission six? I don't even want the jelly or pizza (I want the pizza), I'm just in it for the completion high.

:sunglasses:

....if only I had more NB. I finally bought HGB's house the day before this event started so I'm down 110k.
  • I'm frequently down to almost no cash and starting to get low on chips too although I don't need any more nixonbucks for district items as I've been finished for awhile just waiting for the next to be released.

My slurm factory is building now. It takes 4 hours.

Haven't yet completed any mission 6 attempts successfully although I've tried several times and reached the penultimate battle each time. I haven't used any pizza, health or revive packs to continue as I'd prefer to win through perseverance if possible. However, I always struggle to get critical hits and defend when there are fast shooters in the battle (never been very good at action games) and keep making mistakes; having a mix of fast and slow shooters on both sides, together with the disadvantageous turn order, is a bit too tricky for my rubbish fighting skillz!

So I'm also repeating mission 5 for practice... not having difficulty with that one and hopefully provides good training that will help for mission 6. I've noticed that a double tap as quickly as possible after a fast shooter does a little jump before firing can often be successful... once enough of my highest level characters are available I'll be trying mission 6 again!
  • I think my game was glitched, because the first mission was the only one that wasn't locked for me, even after I completed it 100%. Today, I was able to go on the other missions, and I also see how you all were able to get so far ahead of me.