EA Forums - Banner

(Weirdest) Black Friday is live

Replies

• OhHappyJays
    1630 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I decided to try my luck for Mr. Sparkle, and like the Mapple Store; luck was not with me. At least all (except for three NPCs) these were 20 donuts and they all gave a boost to XP...

(Mr. Sparkle was the 3rd-to-last option in the Bronze Box until he got pulled.)
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • I got Mars Colony with the free token. Diabetty was the only one in the character box so I got her. Trying to decide what to go for next, but I'm probably going to pass on the decoration, bronze, and gold boxes.
  • This is stupid. I saved over 200 donuts and was looking forward to a deal or two. Now I'm afraid to spend any because of this random technique they're using.

My free token earned me a dumb black Knight throne. Any other prize would have been more appreciated. So I know these stupid random things will give me the crap i DON'T want. So i can't buy a single thing and risk wasting my precious pink sprinklies.

Thanks, EA. You ruined black Friday.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • mdg164
    3 posts New member
    I'm really confused by this entire event, I got one box at the start, and I got the new exclusive shed, and now no boxes are available. Is it because I already have absolutely everything? Is it there's absolutely nothing for me to win so there's no boxes for me to buy?
  • I've been wanting the Springfield Mall and Costington's forever! But I have to chance it each time :( NOOOOoOO what to do what to do

If you want to take a chance that won't cost you donuts, take a chance and wait. The mall and Costingtons are usually available during the winter events. So, there is a possibility you can get them next week without all the annoying donut gambling EA likes for people to do.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    mdg164 wrote: »
    I'm really confused by this entire event, I got one box at the start, and I got the new exclusive shed, and now no boxes are available. Is it because I already have absolutely everything? Is it there's absolutely nothing for me to win so there's no boxes for me to buy?

It is possible if you already have everything. I didn't have the character or outdoor mystery box at the start because I already had all the items. You only get boxes if you don't have the items.
  • I wasn't anticipating getting all those items in the Bronze Box to get Mr. Sparkle; so I'm quitting while I'm ahead.

Save some sprinkles for the Winter event I guess.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • p3bowman wrote: »
    qesg1py.jpg

What else do I need more, what else ? Nothing. From all of them I got finally my dream Marge skin and being my first skin for her with my token. Happy day. Never had a skin with Marge.
    I received the same prize, but no skin for Marge. There are premium tasks, but not a skin. Do I have to get through the quest line to get the skin?

if i remember right yes
    You’re right. I was just impatient. :)
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I really like this way of doing Black Friday. I hated the timed sales. There was always one item I missed out on.

What?

The timed sales are much better.

At least with the timed sales in previous Black Friday events, you could actually choose which item or character you wanted to buy.

Rather than this random lottery crap with the boxes for this year's event.

I can see how the timed sales are better for someone who is missing most of the items. I have almost everything so or me the boxes are very convenient.

How so?

You do realize that the boxes, especially the non character boxes are all pot luck?

There is a good chance outside of the character box, that you could up with something disappointing or not getting a particular item that you wanted.

That's why timed sales are the much superior option to this random boxes lottery crap, since with timed sales you can actually choose exactly what you want.

I prefer the boxes. I didn't have much to get and knew I was getting everything that I didn't have. I was done in a few minutes buying things. I understand that for others it would be beneficial to have the hourly deals, but I had no issue with the mystery boxes.

THIS ^^^.
    Old timers with higher multiplier would rather spend a few minutes getting everything and spending hundreds to potentially thousands of Donuts. Although EA has gotten smarter with the GOLD box. Need real money instead of IGC or IGD(onuts).

Newer players with less resources may prefer the timed deals, but I personally hate setting an alarm to wake up at 3AM for 2 minutes to buy the item I want.
  • Yesterday I had to buy eight things to get three things I wanted. But, I still kinda like the other stuff, too. But today, I got really lucky. One box had 12 things, I wanted Moe's house, got it first try! Another box had 6 things, the Hunting shop, got that the first try too. Sometimes things work out.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • It would be good if they added just a single new unique item so everyone can even see what this looks like. Have never seen these boxes due to having everything already.
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)
  • It would be good if they added just a single new unique item so everyone can even see what this looks like. Have never seen these boxes due to having everything already.
    I won the duff statue of liberty thing, and then noticed it was in the store (I think it was this whole time). It's no longer in the mystery box at the discount, just the higher price in the regular store.

So, I would not agree that they should add a unique item. That could mean that it could require up to 1000 donuts to get a brand new item. Every brand new item has been individually available (as it should be) except for a few bundles (not cool). But those bundles have never been 1000 donuts.

I do think that these non-unique items should have shown up for you like it did for me.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • At last.

bgnqmb.png
  • mdg164
    3 posts New member
    It would be good if they added just a single new unique item so everyone can even see what this looks like. Have never seen these boxes due to having everything already.

They did... macaroni's shed.

• mdg164 wrote: »
    It would be good if they added just a single new unique item so everyone can even see what this looks like. Have never seen these boxes due to having everything already.

They did... macaroni's shed.

The shed was released with the "The Yellow Badge of Cowardge" tie-in May 15, 2014.
  • Imagine if stores did this. Amazon's or Walmart's Black Friday sales consisting only of "randomly get one of these 14 items"!

People who farm donuts and get 1000 donuts a week seem to love this event. People who pay for donuts seem a bit disappointed. They horde their donuts and hope to get buy a specific cool item, not some random item that may or may not be cool. I can't see people paying for a bunch of donuts just so they can get into a box over and over until they get the item they want. But maybe I'm wrong.
  • At last.

bgnqmb.png
    was also glad for that to finally finish the character collection :)

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Decided to buy more donuts. Ended up with The Wiccans, Mt Carlmore, and Tailgate. With the two coins, I got Rad-ish Station and the Japanese Castle.

A bit disappointed I didn't get the Hunting Supplies store. There are too many items in my great outdoors box, so I doubt I'll get it. I'd rather save donuts for Monday.
  • miraclemet
    422 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    4junk3000 wrote: »
    My free token earned me a dumb black Knight throne. Any other prize would have been more appreciated

Well to each his own, I was hoping for the Knight.
    1) adds a 2.75% bonus to $ and Xp
    2) premium skin for Bart, which I somehow have managed to never end up with a premium skin for him.

I bought 2 extra tokens, and lucked into two of my hopes. Shadow Knight, and then Shapes W/Muscle Merge.

Already had a premium skin for merge, but it's a favorite episode for me, so the skin is fun to have.
  • People who farm donuts and get 1000 donuts a week seem to love this event. People who pay for donuts seem a bit disappointed. They horde their donuts and hope to get buy a specific cool item, not some random item that may or may not be cool.
    I think this works best with one box per event. Multiple boxes is unfair to those without the means to increase their donut count. I think they should have at least did boxes with max 6 items along with individual items for sale with rebates on them. Like I said before, that's over 5000 donuts for me to get everything. I also don't want everything, but that's basically the only way to get everything you actually want without huge amounts of luck.

If they don't change this new practice in the future...at least I hope that means that I'll have less items to buy in each box because I'm buying everything right now, hah!
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.