EA Forums - Banner

(Weirdest) Black Friday is live

167891012Next

Replies

  • I really like this way of doing Black Friday. I hated the timed sales. There was always one item I missed out on.

    What?

    The timed sales are much better.

    At least with the timed sales in previous Black Friday events, you could actually choose which item or character you wanted to buy.

    Rather than this random lottery crap with the boxes for this year's event.

    I can see how the timed sales are better for someone who is missing most of the items. I have almost everything so or me the boxes are very convenient.

    How so?

    You do realize that the boxes, especially the non character boxes are all pot luck?

    There is a good chance outside of the character box, that you could up with something disappointing or not getting a particular item that you wanted.

    That's why timed sales are the much superior option to this random boxes lottery crap, since with timed sales you can actually choose exactly what you want.

    Boxes are convenient for me because I wanted everything I didn't have which was maybe 4 items. I was able to buy them all in a matter of minutes and didn't have to open the game again thus spending the rest of the day with my family and not having to open my game throughout the day worrying about timed sales.

    I realize this doesn't work for everyone, which I stated before. In a sea of complaints, I was pointing out that not everyone hates this.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Somehow I ended up spending 880 donuts on mystery boxes

    Here's what I got:

    Bronze box - 3 tries - 60 donuts
    -quick and fresh (meh will end up in storage)
    -old west sign (hidden in old West area)
    -guitar central (meh will end up in storage)

    Silver box - 2 tries - 100 donuts
    -Mojo helper monkey (finally completed Easter 2014 collection)
    -Lobster island (hidden in ocean)

    Outdoor box - 1 try - 80 donuts
    -springfield sign (YESSSSSSS!!!!) cough I have no space

    Character box - 8 tries - 640 donuts - oh boii here we go
    -Ling Bouvier (cool)
    -Powell motors (cool, idk if I'm gonna keep the building)
    -sophie krustofsky (cool)
    -Rocket car lampwick (meh, deco is hidden somewhere)
    -Brandine (YESSSSSSS)
    -Shauna (cool)
    -springfield coliseum (idc about the building but dederick is cool)
    -sideshow Mel (cool)


    I like most of the characters don't like some of the decorations and buildings so yeh
    Really wanted shady bobbins. It's the first time I've spent so many donuts without kinda regretting it. I actually am happy with alot of the characters.

    Also very cheap 640 donuts for 8 characters as most of them are pretty expensive
  • I spent the 5000.... I'm wondering if I should pick up the last couple items. An SH REVP building and some other building. It always feels weird leaving things in a box after getting 10 other items, 90% of the contents.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I spent so many donuts in this event it was nuts. I need to seriously redo my Springfield, bought too much content. I think I hit over 3000 donuts total just on the black friday, cy-ber monday event, only have 38 left.
  • What happens if someone has gold tokens when the gold box ends? They just disappear?
  • Okay, done. Won't buy more. Half hour before they take 3 events away. Bye bye.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • mariote2000
    44 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I spent so many donuts in this event it was nuts. I need to seriously redo my Springfield, bought too much content. I think I hit over 3000 donuts total just on the black friday, cy-ber monday event, only have 38 left.

    In the end I've spent also near 3000 donuts like you, and also thinking to nuke my city and redo it (been needing this a long time) so maybe now is the perfect opportunity before the next event begins :)
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    wiedmannaj wrote: »
    simp7fan wrote: »
    People who farm donuts and get 1000 donuts a week seem to love this event. People who pay for donuts seem a bit disappointed. They horde their donuts and hope to get buy a specific cool item, not some random item that may or may not be cool.
    I think this works best with one box per event. Multiple boxes is unfair to those without the means to increase their donut count.
    Everyone has the means to increase their donut count. Not everyone has the will, though.
    Not everyone has the means, no. Whether money or KEM farming, it's not all possible for everyone. For KEM farming to produce over 5000 donuts you'll need a high multiplier. If they hadn't been lucky or been working on it for years then they can't possibly get that in the few days of the box offers. I only just farmed it with my 1100% multiplier. Anyone with half that will be working twice as long, which is past the end date. The highest donut bundle only gets you 2400 donuts, only less than half of what you might need.

    Yes, everyone has the means to increase their donuts; no not everyone can get everything they want.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • I spent so many donuts in this event it was nuts. I need to seriously redo my Springfield, bought too much content. I think I hit over 3000 donuts total just on the black friday, cy-ber monday event, only have 38 left.

    In the end I've spent also near 3000 donuts like you, and also thinking to nuke my city and redo it (been needing this a long time) so maybe now is the perfect opportunity before the next event begins :)

    I bought everything in each box and now have whole sections on the south of town of no infracture more of a dumping ground. Gonna take hours to make it look decent.
  • I spent over 500 donuts in total. This is what I ended up with:

    Motherloving Sugar Co / Dia-Betty
    The Wiccans
    Springfield Sign
    Springfield Gorge
    Tailgate
    Mt Carlmore
    Giant Robot
    Rocket to Your Doom
    Big Digi-Ben
    Yard Work Simulator / CHUM

    For the Gold box:

    Shapes / Muscular Marge
    Health Spa
    Polo Field
    Japanese Castle
    Bandit Fort
    Donut Boat
  • larsyuipo wrote: »
    Somehow I ended up spending 880 donuts on mystery boxes

    -guitar central (meh will end up in storage)

    Guitar Central has a 1 hour send Springfielders premium job that can be repeated as long as you don't send Homer on his job. It's only adults, though.
  • wiedmannaj wrote: »
    simp7fan wrote: »
    wiedmannaj wrote: »
    simp7fan wrote: »
    People who farm donuts and get 1000 donuts a week seem to love this event. People who pay for donuts seem a bit disappointed. They horde their donuts and hope to get buy a specific cool item, not some random item that may or may not be cool.
    I think this works best with one box per event. Multiple boxes is unfair to those without the means to increase their donut count.
    Everyone has the means to increase their donut count. Not everyone has the will, though.
    Not everyone has the means, no. Whether money or KEM farming, it's not all possible for everyone. For KEM farming to produce over 5000 donuts you'll need a high multiplier. If they hadn't been lucky or been working on it for years then they can't possibly get that in the few days of the box offers. I only just farmed it with my 1100% multiplier. Anyone with half that will be working twice as long, which is past the end date. The highest donut bundle only gets you 2400 donuts, only less than half of what you might need.

    Yes, everyone has the means to increase their donuts; no not everyone can get everything they want.
    I think we both meant "increase up to a meaningful level to get what you want from the boxes". It goes without saying that we all can increase our donut count. There's debris, there's the Maggie game, there's friend donuts, and of course leveling up. I thought we were all on the same page, *shrug*.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • My Black Friday and Cy ber Monday mystery boxes mysteriously re-appeared.
  • Black Friday is not live!


    There were some things left on the table, but I did get the table.
  • 16hamann wrote: »
    My Black Friday and Cy ber Monday mystery boxes mysteriously re-appeared.

    Indeed they have...

    I did find it odd yesterday that they decided to do cy-ber Monday on a Sunday.... I've got just over nine and a half hours on my countdown as I post
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Black friday is undead!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!