EA Forums - Banner

Download update

Hi I play the simpsons tapped out on my iPhone 6 and every time I log in to play it I get a big update that means when i log in every 4 hours I have lost the progress and losing out on the trophy prizes I have lost out on the last prize on act two and also likely to lose out on the last two on act three after I sign in for the update it tells me that my progress hasn’t been saved from another device and may lose progress but I haven’t signed in from a different device until this problem started. It’s s waste of time and money I have spent into this game through donuts and is getting to the stage where i may just stop playing it cos it is so frustrating

Replies

• Muhsterino
    4500 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    How much free space do you have? There have been lots of threads recently about the same problem, especially since iOS 11. Here are two quotes from other players:
    I had the exact issue after updating my Ipad, and I too was showing 2GB free (which I have come to learn IS low by some measures). Once I freed up space I have not had the problem since.

I think it IS IOS 11 related as I believe that it may be a larger footprint for the OS, and I also believe that there were some file management utilities or tweaks done that may have affected those of us whose space was already taxed...If clearing up another few GB's does not solve the problem, then it is truly something else.
    It has been almost a week since I have had to redownload. I had about 2.7GB before and it still would seem to offload the game data. But then I deleted a bunch of pictures and now have about 4.3GB open. Did this late Thursday night, and have had no issues since.
    So it appears the iOS 11 just requires a lot of open space to operate properly. My game was practically unplayable, so I didn’t test it along the way while deleting pictures. Was to frustrated and just wanted it working again. So perhaps 4GB is not necessary, but that’s what I’m going to stick with for now.
    Where do you find the auto clean feature so I can turn it off? I looked in Settings and can’t find it. I’m having the same issue that my iPad goes thru an 878mb update every time I open the game.
    Here are some screenshots from my iPad:
    Go into settings, scroll down to General and look for ipad storage on the right side.
    YO2Exvcl.jpg
    Tap on iPad storage.
    bzHGI1nl.jpg
    It will show how much space is used. I prefer to have 'Offload Unused Apps' switched off.
    Here is a note of how much space is required for my System:
    ycG9bSUl.jpg
    Judging by comments made by players about Tapped Out, it seems that extra free space is required if you have updated to iOS 11. Aim for around 3-4 GB minimum. This was posted in a thread in game discussion:
    I had this issue in the past and contacted ea for support. I am certain they told me I needed 4 or 5GB for the game to run smoothly.
    I regularly (about once a week) clear the cache for the Safari browser.
    Go to settings> tap on Safari
    3ZZrdicl.jpg
    Scroll down on the right side, then you can clear History and website data.
    lIb7kZYl.jpg
    Discussion thread about the problems of re-downloading can be found here:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/149683/ios-11-constant-re-download/p1

Post edited by Muhsterino on
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • I have avoided iOS updates on my iPad which I mainly use for TSTO because of the problem stated here !
  • I have 4GB free and it still constantly offloads. I would rather delete the game than to have to keep even more space free. I’m not waiting much longer for a fix.
  • Hi all. I had a similar issue with my iPhone 5s (I do have iOS 11) and it turns out it’s because I had the automatically offload app option turned on. If you go into settings and then ‘iTunes & App store’ there’s an option to switch it off if you scroll down a little.
    Hope that helps someone!
  • I have the Offload App option turned off and yet my phone still seems to be offloading the App.
  • hyphen_ena wrote: »
    I have the Offload App option turned off and yet my phone still seems to be offloading the App.

You’re not alone. Others have made the same observation.

• I am having the same problem, I have iOS 11, 3.2 GB of free space on my iPhone SE, notifications are turned off and I tried deleting and reloading the app. That seems to have made it worse. EA answers told me to post here so that the programmers would see it and work on a fix.
  • I have been having this issue since the Christmas update and had not uploaded to the newest IOS update. I did so today, but it has not resolved the issue. This is an issue that I hope will be resolved soon, as it rather annoying and causing a couple of my other games to do this as well, and causing others to reset themselves.
  • I’m having the same problem. I have 2.5 GB free on my iPhone. The game logs me out and redownloads every time I try to start it. Nearly put me over my data limit for the month. I don’t have this problem on my Android tablet, where I have less than .5 GB of free space.
  • I’m having the same problem. I have 2.5 GB free on my iPhone. The game logs me out and redownloads every time I try to start it. Nearly put me over my data limit for the month. I don’t have this problem on my Android tablet, where I have less than .5 GB of free space.
    Try freeing up some space. Around 4-6GB may be required to stop the redownloading. This seems to be affecting Apple users mainly since iOS11.
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    Try freeing up some space. Around 4-6GB may be required to stop the redownloading. This seems to be affecting Apple users mainly since iOS11.
    With 16 GB on my iPad (and 6 of them under operation system) it’s very hard to achieve :( . But thank you for your desire to help anyway.
    I hate the day I desided to upgrade my iOS to v.11...
  • Yep, in my case it was 5.4 GB free (had to wipe out Hearthstone :s ). Now game is running nice, no permanent update.
    Thanks Muhsterino for solution.
    But...I still think it is game bug...
  • US opening more storage is Not the Solution for this.
    It's short -term, but if EA expects me to have 6gb open to hold for this game, I hate to say it, but I will be erasing it if this isn't fixed.
    That is ridiculous, and discriminatory to iPhone users, who are the only ones effected.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
    It's short -term, but if EA expects me to have 6gb open to hold for this game, I hate to say it, but I will be erasing it if this isn't fixed.
    That is ridiculous, and discriminatory to iPhone users, who are the only ones effected.
    This issue affects mainly, if not exclusively, Apple devices. I don’t believe it has anything to do with EA, otherwise all players on all devices would be affected.

Hi Anna, it's not just the game that requires that amount of space to run, what you have you have to understand is that the device needs certain amount of memory to run the game, the operation system and any background programs too, now as the operating system gets bigger through updates and upgrades it needs more memory space to run, same with the game as it has gotten bigger over time it also need more space, when you originally got the device the say 1 gig of ram ran most things and it didn't need to use much of your storage space as virtual memory but now that the operating system is getting towards 3 or 3 gig plus a game that's 2+ gig throw in a few background programs too and suddenly that 1 gig of ram looks useless you need 5 or 6 gigs of memory and where can the device get that space for memory as you can't simply plug in some more ram, the only place is from your storage space and that's why you need to leave so much empty space on the drive.