EA Forums - Banner

Christmas monorail track glitch

johncolombo
11198 posts Senior Moderator
When did this happen? Last I remembered the magic station rails were boinked. Monorail works however.
hh2wr68fikup.png
Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ

Replies

• hadn’t noticed that, had the station but bought the station pieces. my monorail works also
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I keep getting a comment add 7 rails to unlock. It worked fine prior to getting the add ons
  • johncolombo
    11198 posts Senior Moderator
    I wonder if this update boinked it or another one did? I don't usually look at my monorail. Only noticed because I bought the expansion pack.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I wonder if this update boinked it or another one did? I don't usually look at my monorail. Only noticed because I bought the expansion pack.
    that might be it
  • I wonder if this update boinked it or another one did? I don't usually look at my monorail. Only noticed because I bought the expansion pack.
    that might be it

I'm thinking the same thing.
  • I didn't buy the expansion pack but noticed my track was off when I was working out whether to buy it. If I line the track up to the station I break the loop and a new train appears. It I leave it broken the monorail can pass through the station.

1zx7faf.png
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    nope, i checked another town i hadn’t been in since the update and the rails are off and never bought the expansion pack in that town and still haven’t
  • rw228
    1046 posts Member
    I saw this too and posted in another thread. Seems like it changed something with the existing stations.
  • bkopp1 wrote: »
    I keep getting a comment add 7 rails to unlock. It worked fine prior to getting the add ons

This. Station was misaligned, and when I moved it back into alignment, a small train sits at the North Pole station and won’t let the larger monorail train past. Trying to ride it gives the above message.
    One on getter for the clickity clack please
  • I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I'm sure they'll patch it soon enough. I'm glad they released the expansion pack, I bought it right away! I love the way it looks in my christmas section.
  • Ok so i got the station all connected. But its own train is not recognizing it's linked to more track, as you guys mentioned.

I like to set them up so one leaves as another arrives. More like an elevated train system than a monorail, which would take forever between trains. I offer the fastest service and most stops, lol

This is set up in my industrial side of town. I just added the slide factory as well. I like how this street is developing.
    lRB1vsn.jpg
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • I just got the station today and no matter how much track I place or where I connect it the thing will not start. :'(

Same message as above. Need 7 to connect even though I have hundreds.

Please fix EA as I have been so excited about finally getting this ti complete my Christmas design.
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Thank you so much to a member of tapped out UK for the fix even if it does look terrible!!

" line up 7 straight pieces of monorail connected to the station. Then move the station up one square towards the bottom of your screen. Your monorail will then magically work"

It needs to be mis-aligned by one tiny square to work... :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Glitched for me too. But was able to align the tracks.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • It looks like they messed up the track position on the station when they were designing the winter skin. So I won't move anything for now, maybe it will get fixed in the next update...