EA Forums - Banner

Sitting this one out

Prev1
I've always rated events by both content and interface. Content being how good or interesting the prizes are, interface being the entertainment value (or difficulty) in obtaining the prizes.

I have no complaints about the content. Nothing is really knocking my socks off, but where we are with whats left over to be released (really nothing) and what they have to work with that they haven't done before (really nothing), the design team did a pretty good job making up a bunch of random things to throw together for an event.

But the interface on this one is horrible. Hands down the most boring, uninteresting, and flat out no fun interface I've seen in my 3 years of playing this game.

No character jobs? No multiple ways of earning event currency? Nothing to buy that lets me clear the fuzzos with one click?

That's the whole event? Log in, clear all the fuzzos, then play the boring mini-game (that most of us got bored with ages ago)?

The content is decent (not amazing, but still think they did an over-all good job on it) but it's just not worth the time it's going to take to earn it. Nothing I can't live without and nothing I have any interest in slowly grinding out.

Good luck tappers. See you around New Years I guess.

Replies

• jmlgg
    173 posts Member
    K bye
  • I suppose they can't please everyone all the time. It's odd that I am loving this event and you couldn't love it less. I have had so much fun rezoning and getting creative with the decorations. A lot of it is repetitive, but that's bound to happen after 5 years. Have a good holiday! I hope you come back for New Years.
  • Xmas is usually the time where is just chill and easy
  • I am enjoying this event as it’s easy and relaxing. It’s a huge change from past events where it was hard to keep up with who did what task and when they needed to do it. Also there is a free button in the upper right that tracks down the robots for us. That’s such a nice addition and saves a lot of time, allowing me to actually play the game without stressing. This event gets back to some of the simpler events of the past. If you want to play something time intensive with a heavy user interface, go find Etrian Odyssey or another RPG. This event is a nice mix and pace for all users. If it’s that big of a deal to you just stop playing. EA actually listens to the community and people still find SOMETHING to complain about.
  • Johnny2bd wrote: »
    I've always rated events by both content and interface. Content being how good or interesting the prizes are, interface being the entertainment value (or difficulty) in obtaining the prizes.

I have no complaints about the content. Nothing is really knocking my socks off, but where we are with whats left over to be released (really nothing) and what they have to work with that they haven't done before (really nothing), the design team did a pretty good job making up a bunch of random things to throw together for an event.

But the interface on this one is horrible. Hands down the most boring, uninteresting, and flat out no fun interface I've seen in my 3 years of playing this game.

No character jobs? No multiple ways of earning event currency? Nothing to buy that lets me clear the fuzzos with one click?

That's the whole event? Log in, clear all the fuzzos, then play the boring mini-game (that most of us got bored with ages ago)?

The content is decent (not amazing, but still think they did an over-all good job on it) but it's just not worth the time it's going to take to earn it. Nothing I can't live without and nothing I have any interest in slowly grinding out.

Good luck tappers. See you around New Years I guess.

Go play family guy with me and you can grind the whole event and complain about not getting everything with me. Then come bake here and realize what a great game we got here 5 years running.
  • I have to agree, the interface is boring. I’m still going to keep at it, but both my wife and I were like: “this is it?”
  • What is the over-under on the number of distinct complaint threads we’ll see by the end of the weekend?
  • Why do you have to advertise that you're not playing this event? JUST DON'T PLAY IT THEN. You should rename this thread 'i want attention'
  • I am bored of complaints. In fact this is now a complaint about complaining... :#
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Don't bother coming back for New Years, they usually do nothing at all in the game for new years. In fact if you show up then we will still be playing the Xmas event that you hate. lol Because the event is going into January.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • "You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time."

Sorry EA can't please you, you're complaining about something really petty and making yourself look petulant and childish.

Don't play the game then if you're going to be whiny throughout this event. It's that easy.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • I am kinda amazed how negative the answers here are. He's given feedback and explained why he feels the way he feels. That's all reasonable and feedback itself is always valuable.

Why tell someone to stop playing just because he's giving feedback? I find his points reasonable and well explained. While I myself will continue playing it's not wrong what he's saying.
  • Brabsel wrote: »
    I am kinda amazed how negative the answers here are. He's given feedback and explained why he feels the way he feels. That's all reasonable and feedback itself is always valuable.

Why tell someone to stop playing just because he's giving feedback? I find his points reasonable and well explained. While I myself will continue playing it's not wrong what he's saying.

Constructive criticism is fine, but it is his opinion. That's fine, all well and good, to have your own opinion and express it; but, there's a fine line between constructive criticism and whining.
    I am kinda amazed how negative the answers here are. He's given feedback and explained why he feels the way he feels. That's all reasonable and feedback itself is always valuable.

Constructive criticism is fine, but it is his opinion. That's fine, all well and good, to have your own opinion and express it; but, there's a fine line between constructive criticism and whining.

Indeed and I feel like he complained but also explained WHY he feels that way and which parts he doesn't like. That in my opinion makes it constructive criticism instead of just complaining.
  • This event is a little flat, I can agree, but I feel like it's better than the THOH event. His points make sense, but I feel like after the slog that was the THOH event; we needed a smaller/shorter Winter event.

EA can't hit a home run every time, they just need to hit the ball into play.
  • This event is a little flat, I can agree, but I feel like it's better than the THOH event. His points make sense, but I feel like after the slog that was the THOH event; we needed a smaller/shorter Winter event.

EA can't hit a home run every time, they just need to hit the ball into play.

And that's your opinion. Mine is that I like the event with less to do because it's Christmas time and I've got enough other stuff to do. So personally I enjoy not having to log in every four hours and that I can find the funzos fast. It makes everything a bit easier.

And what we're doing here is having a normal conversation in the forum. The comments that tell him to quit are not helpful...
  • Xmas is usually the time where is just chill and easy

Nice and easy for Christmas. :blush:
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
    Brabsel wrote: »

Indeed and I feel like he complained but also explained WHY he feels that way and which parts he doesn't like. That in my opinion makes it constructive criticism instead of just complaining.

It's funny with this event: there were basically only two complaint posts which were both rather civilized and posters made some very valid points, but the anti-complaint police' reaction was quite brutal in both threads. I guess a lot of people are really loving the event and won't hear a word against it.
    I'm somewhere in the middle this time, it's not a bad event but there were much better ones, even in the recent past (by which I definitely don't mean THOH) :)
  • It's fun to gang up on people for their opinions. We should do this every event!
    Note to mods, this is sarcasm or something. Chill.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised myself how quickly people are going straight to overly-sensitive asshat on this one. This was nothing even close to a "the event is horrible, I'm quitting the game forever" post. I tried to give credit where credit was due and points to what they did right - but also give feedback to where I found it to be disappointing.

This will be the first event in 3 years I'm not going to bother with. I have no interest in quitting the game, I've been a supporter for too long to do that.

But if this unnecessary negativity over a civil post is where the forums are now, I might be done with that part of the game ;)