EA Forums - Banner

Am I the only one?

2Next

Replies

• sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I have iOS and last time I actually logged in I was finishing up all my 24hr tasks, I'm level 26 and spent a lot of money on this game. Last time I finished prolly 7 or 8 characters tasks and then it kicked me out and never let me back in.

If you leveled up when you finished those tasks, your problem is most likely the harp freeze/glitch. You can get that on iOS versions AND Android versions. It's been directly linked to leveling up, ever since they've offered the bonus levels.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    should i try to reinstall ?

I don't think it can hurt. It's in the EA list of first things to try when you are having problems.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:

I don't think it can hurt. It's in the EA list of first things to try when you are having problems.

Dont!!! WAIT!!
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013

I was reading back over your posts. Have you signed up with Origin yet? If you reinstall and you haven't yet, you might restart your town.
  • clusterbombb
    120 posts
    edited March 2013
    didn't help, but is there any ind of known situation from people who got in eventually ? or can i better give up this game ?
  • clusterbombb
    120 posts
    edited March 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:

I was reading back over your posts. Have you signed up with Origin yet? If you reinstall and you haven't yet, you might restart your town.
    i had an EA account does that count too ?
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    didn't help, but is there any ind of known situation from people who got in eventually ? or can i better give up this game ?

I've been lucky. I'm a long time player who hasn't been hit by ANY game loading problems. I started playing in October. My town is huge, and very detailed; so it takes a while of the donut spinning screen. But always loads eventually.

Most people I've seen on here have gotten back in, but most of them have been iOS. Android version is very very new. When iOS was very very new, there were lots of problems too. I wasn't playing then.

Oftentimes, it's better to give a new version a month or two to work out the bugs. Especially the way EA offers them.

Edit.....But it's worth the wait. :D
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:

i had an EA account does that count too ?

Whenever you would go into your game, would it say anything about being logged in? I don't think Android saves to Origin, I think it saves on your device.
  • clusterbombb
    120 posts
    edited March 2013
    nope only tap to continue and before the problem you also see: synchronizing but that's it, i can't even remember that i had to register or something like that
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    nope only tap to continue and before the problem you also see: synchronizing but that's it, i can't even remember that i had to register or something like that

I really can't think of anything else to try. Sometimes the only answer is to wait it out. Start a ticket with EA, at least, in case it's their servers issue. And just try logging in a couple of times a day. Make sure your device is also optimized, by clearing the memory and maybe doublecheck that you have nothing running in the background when trying to access the game.
  • markfcs
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Just for the record while we're sharing, I'm a Harp-survivee (recovered using an iPhone 5), who got this a week after being Harped out, presumably when my XP bar filled again as I was just doing a morning collection. It's different to the harp glitch as the app just crashes without completing loading. No harps, and loading on IPhone 5 doesn't help. Hoping level 27 will cure.
  • clusterbombb
    120 posts
    edited March 2013
    where can i open a ticket ?
  • markfcs
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Don't expect a better response than this:

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

First of all, I sincerely apologize for the delay in response. Going forward, we would do our best to respond in time.

I understand that you are experiencing issues launching The Simpsons: Tapped Out application and realize that you're very upset about this. Our engineers are aware of the issue where-in our customers may have lost access to their Origin account and their in-game progress following the Valentine's update. Some customers also get stuck on the loading screen with the Valentine harp music playing endlessly. Please be informed that we are currently investigating these issues and are doing our best to resolve them as soon as possible.

As of now, it would be hard to commit a time frame. However, I assure that once we are ready with a fix, we will not have issues like these bothering our game play experience. We greatly appreciate your patience, while we are working to get normal access restored as soon as possible.
  • markfcs
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I particularly like the total non commitment in "As of now, it would be hard to commit a time frame. However, I assure that once we are ready with a fix, we will not have issues like these bothering our game play experience."
  • clusterbombb
    120 posts
    edited March 2013
    I can't enter and i didn't even 'experience' the valentine issue , i just started a few days ago
  • markfcs
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    If you'be not committed much time to the game suggest starting again from scratch with a new origin account
  • clusterbombb
    120 posts
    edited March 2013
    markfcs wrote:
    If you'be not committed much time to the game suggest starting again from scratch with a new origin account
    the problem is on my tablet i never had to register to play the game
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited March 2013
    This is why I don't understand why EA launched the game for Android, you can't save your game with Origin. I feel bad for people who have bought doughnuts and have lost everything.
    I play on my iPad but started a town on my Android phone, I got to level 15 and after the update yesterday my game was wiped and I had to start from the beginning. Thankfully I've had the forum to refer otherwise I may have spent money on my android version. :cry:
  • clusterbombb
    120 posts
    edited March 2013
    i'm glad i didn't spent anything
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!