EA Forums - Banner

Good neighbors

2Next

Replies

• TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2013
    Oh, kind Heretic! I gratefully accepted your request, and artfully spray-painted you. Thank you so much! Your Springfield is an inspiration.

JohnGalt85, I requested your friendship, and guess what? I know....,
    Who is John Galt?

Thank you both. :D

I'll try to make my Springfield look better, & may even buy a donut or two.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh, kind Heretic! I gratefully accepted your request, and artfully spray-painted you. Thank you so much! Your Springfield is an inspiration.

JohnGalt85, I requested your friendship, and guess what? I know....,
    Who is John Galt?

Thank you both. :D

I'll try to make my Springfield look better, & may even buy a donut or two.

Your town is off to a great start, simsalot. Seriously! I have friends who range from using only donuts they get in-game to those who have every premium item. You don't need donuts to have a great town :)

Thanks for vandalizing me! It felt good :)
  • jrush2point0
    91 posts
    edited March 2013
    Outside of special events, I prefer tapping spoiled crops, then vandalism, then buildings that refresh in a 4-8 hour range, then fast buildings. If I don't have much time to visit friends, I tap the first thing I see, but I try to hit everybody, every day. If it fits into your town design, you can put the buildings you want tapped first right where the screen loads.

Some people really like having all their buildings that pop at a certain time being in sync, which I can understand, and because of that, they prefer people to tap fast refreshing buildings in order to keep everything nice, neat and orderly.

• cassiayoung
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for accepting my invite LadySim. You've made a good start and seem like a great neighbor to have. And excellent job of starting an add me thread that works and might actually be helpful!
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    If vandalizing your neighbors towns is being a good neighbor; are you being a bad neighbor when you clean it up.
  • ctex05748
    150 posts
    edited March 2013
    Simsalot - re: your query about setting up your own Springfield... Some people like to cluster the school, Moe's, police station and town hall near each other on their "opening" or "landing" screen (the area of your town that you and your neighbors first see when entering the town). The theory is that visitors in a rush will be more likely to vandalize you that way, instead of just tapping the first three things they see.

Problem is, maybe you don't want to set up your buildings that way for aesthetic reasons. An alternative solution would be to curate your friends list carefully and add neighbors who will make the effort to vandalize. After you've been playing for a couple of months, your righteousness rating will probably be at five stars most of the time, and you'll only really have to think about it when righteousness does one of its occasional random drops to zero stars.

Sherry - I believe, without being absolutely sure, that if you clean up graffiti in a neighbor's town, it disappears and they don't have the chance to clean it up/improve their righteousness rating. I might be wrong, but if I'm right, it does mean that it wouldn't be good-neighborly to clean up graffiti in other towns.
  • rathmann72
    130 posts
    edited March 2013
    ctex05748 wrote:
    Simsalot - Sherry - I believe, without being absolutely sure, that if you clean up graffiti in a neighbor's town, it disappears and they don't have the chance to clean it up/improve their righteousness rating. I might be wrong, but if I'm right, it does mean that it wouldn't be good-neighborly to clean up graffiti in other towns.

Its not true, i have 2 towns, and if i do clean up my other town, the graffiti will still be there when i log on my first town, first when the owner of the town vandalised clean it up will it disappear :)
  • bananabailey
    62 posts
    edited March 2013
    I also think it's a good idea to turn over abandoned games as well. Not the neighbor who hasn't played in a couple of days but the one who hasn't been in for weeks/months. You are not really helping them because they're no longer around and it frees up space for neighbors who are still active and appreciate a good friend.

Yes, I realize that sometimes this catches people with the harpies so use caution. Don't go on a purge when there are lots of notifications at the top of the boards about failures to connect and freezes.

I'll try and add you if you don't mind.
  • ctex05748
    150 posts
    edited March 2013
    rathmann72 wrote:
    ctex05748 wrote:
    Simsalot - Sherry - I believe, without being absolutely sure, that if you clean up graffiti in a neighbor's town, it disappears and they don't have the chance to clean it up/improve their righteousness rating. I might be wrong, but if I'm right, it does mean that it wouldn't be good-neighborly to clean up graffiti in other towns.

Its not true, i have 2 towns, and if i do clean up my other town, the graffiti will still be there when i log on my first town, first when the owner of the town vandalised clean it up will it disappear :)

Excellent to know. Thanks! Now I can clean up in my neighbors' towns without feeling guilty.
  • MmmDonuts84
    25 posts
    edited March 2013
    Awesome thread! This si everything I've wanted to know and more. Thanks! Bookmarking....
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.