EA Forums - Banner

Disney Bought Simpsons

2Next

Replies

• ohara869 wrote: »
    They did the same with Star Wars and because Disney had no links with the companies that originally Lucasfilm gave permission to make the games, they were taken off the app store. These were games like Tiny DeathStar, Star Wars Assault team and more. Both of these games were not expecting a closure as both of them were doing excellent in the top game charts. I hope this isn’t the same with Tsto but EA are a big company, if they’re to make a move on them it would be tough.

EA is no ones fool and I'm sure that they'll have covered themselves well when the contracts where originally drawn up, so I'd suspect that quite a lot of money would need to be exchanged if they want out of the contract, well that's my opinion anyway.
  • BOO urns. :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • ohara869 wrote: »
    They did the same with Star Wars and because Disney had no links with the companies that originally Lucasfilm gave permission to make the games, they were taken off the app store. These were games like Tiny DeathStar, Star Wars Assault team and more. Both of these games were not expecting a closure as both of them were doing excellent in the top game charts. I hope this isn’t the same with Tsto but EA are a big company, if they’re to make a move on them it would be tough.

EA is no ones fool and I'm sure that they'll have covered themselves well when the contracts where originally drawn up, so I'd suspect that quite a lot of money would need to be exchanged if they want out of the contract, well that's my opinion anyway.
    I'd like some of that money if that happens. Or lifetime supply of donuts. Whichever is cheaper.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • FYI: The Season 18 DVD is available for purchase. Buy one as quick as you can if you want to see the Season 19 DVD released
  • Maybe now we’ll get the rest of the seasons on DVD’s
  • I wonder what would happen to Hulu considering Disney is launching their own streaming channel pretty soon
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Isn't it shifting toward the owners of the content also owning the streaming platform ? So, netflix is moving toward becoming its own production network before all its 'stolen" content gets snatched back away from it. Which leaves hulu to maybe diminish and die on the vine? (Years away still).
  • johncolombo
    11285 posts Senior Moderator
    Isn't it shifting toward the owners of the content also owning the streaming platform ? So, netflix is moving toward becoming its own production network before all its 'stolen" content gets snatched back away from it. Which leaves hulu to maybe diminish and die on the vine? (Years away still).

Isn't hulu already own by fox and Disney? (Plus NBC).
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • November 8, 1998
    25299696_387736208346300_2111887580892536629_o.jpg?oh=d3f95cb9c6aa0e4c5f4988a0ad72e6a6&oe=5ACF047D
    James L. Brooks' response:
    25289356_387737281679526_2077291874205335786_n.jpg?oh=5e5706ac1f4694ac0d29095791e756cb&oe=5AD09EA4
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    Just to let you guys know, over night Disney bought out 21 Century Fox, which means Simpsons is now owned by Disney. I posted this in here because it may end up effecting the game.

Technically, the phrase "over night Disney bought out 21 Century Fox" is not accurate. They inked a deal. Nothing is final yet. They are still separate entities. And to quote one place "If federal regulators block the $52.4 billion deal, Disney has committed to pay a $2.5 billion breakup fee to 21st Century Fox." So if the deal doesn't go through I think we all get 45,000 free donuts.

If the federal regulators didn't block the merger between Disney & Lucasfilm so, I doubt that they'll do that.
  • They're federal deregulators. They only worry about regulating customer rights. It's very backwards.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.