EA Forums - Banner

Conductor Otto

Prev1
I just got him today, but such a bummer I can't use him because I don't have Otto. So I go to my store to buy Otto and he's not offered! Disappointed:(

Replies

• Came here to say the same thing, why is Otto no longer available to purchase? I thought I was going crazy when I went into the shop to buy him
  • Weird! He shows in one of my towns but not the other.
    P3Wbzaq.png
  • He may be taken off the shop list because of the character skin offered during the event.

Check in Character/Premium shop tabs when the event is over to see if Otto returns. If he does not; I would contact EA and tell them.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • i had not thought about not having Otto in my 3rd town so i went to build, character screen and found Otto there and bought him so he can begin his tasks before i get the train
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Thanks for help, it looks like Otto has been taken off, as i did see him on there the other day and now he has gone
  • Thanks for help, it looks like Otto has been taken off, as i did see him on there the other day and now he has gone

He's probably only gone during the event. He had a Rockin' Skin during Homerpalooza and he was unable to be purchased from the Character/Premium menu during the event, excluding when his skin bundle was in the Shop.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Muhsterino
    4395 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for help, it looks like Otto has been taken off, as i did see him on there the other day and now he has gone

He's probably only gone during the event. He had a Rockin' Skin during Homerpalooza and he was unable to be purchased from the Character/Premium menu during the event, excluding when his skin bundle was in the Shop.
    I don’t think this is the case with Otto. This is LPN’s ‘what changed....’ thread from the start of the event:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/180568/what-changed-with-the-the-invasion-before-christmas-updates-update-12-7/p1
    In the 5th December update it states:
    For the duration of the event:
    School Bus requires level 5 instead of level 22.
    It would seem that all players from level 5 should be able to find Otto in the store.
    EDIT to add that someone on addicts suggested tapping on the Furniture Store building in Springfield Heights, which should have a ‘get now’ button for Otto.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    EDIT to add that someone on addicts suggested tapping on the Furniture Store building in Springfield Heights, which should have a ‘get now’ button for Otto.

It's a good thought, but unfortunately doesn't work
  • Cart find him in the store as well
  • have the skin but not Otto. Is he worth 120 donuts?
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    have the skin but not Otto. Is he worth 120 donuts?
    it seems that if you haven’t earned the train/skin yet than you should be able to get Otto. i’m only saying that because that was my case today. got otto for my 3rd town once i saw this thread and bought otto before i got the train. as far as if you should buy otto/bus, thats your call. otto has always been one of my 1st donut purchases

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • CaptainIntenso
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    have the skin but not Otto. Is he worth 120 donuts?
    it seems that if you haven’t earned the train/skin yet than you should be able to get Otto. i’m only saying that because that was my case today. got otto for my 3rd town once i saw this thread and bought otto before i got the train. as far as if you should buy otto/bus, thats your call. otto has always been one of my 1st donut purchases

Obviously a bug. Why would EA let you buy the train station (like I did) without having bought Otto first if the station would preclude later purchasing Otto?
  • For those who have him, does he earn event currency?
  • FrogFaery wrote: »
    For those who have him, does he earn event currency?
    The question of the event. Short answer no. Long answer yes.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • libgirl1137
    14 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Otto is available in my b town but not my main town. My b town doesnt have enough donuts to get him. And I have Conductor Otto and the train in both.
  • I have the same issue. I contacted EA support, but they couldn't help me. They told me to post here to get help. I contacted them again about the issue and I was given 20 donuts.
  • msrain1229 wrote: »
    I have the same issue. I contacted EA support, but they couldn't help me. They told me to post here to get help. I contacted them again about the issue and I was given 20 donuts.

Unfortunately no one one this forum works for EA, we are all just like yourself and just play the game, beyond pointing out a few places in the store where it's possible to find Otto to purchase we can't help.
    I have the same issue. I contacted EA support, but they couldn't help me. They told me to post here to get help. I contacted them again about the issue and I was given 20 donuts.

Unfortunately no one one this forum works for EA, we are all just like yourself and just play the game, beyond pointing out a few places in the store where it's possible to find Otto to purchase we can't help.

Yes I understand, which made it weird for an actual rep of EA to direct me here. But I'm happy to know I'm not the only one having this issue, and maybe if more of us complain EA will get word and resolve the issue soon.

If they told you to come to these forums, then you got bad information. You can try contacting EA again, maybe you will get a better agent the next time.
    msrain1229 wrote: »

Yes I understand, which made it weird for an actual rep of EA to direct me here. But I'm happy to know I'm not the only one having this issue, and maybe if more of us complain EA will get word and resolve the issue soon.

It happens quite often, personally (although I have no proof) I have a suspicion that they direct people here when they either have no answer to give or have no idea how to fix the problem.