EA Forums - Banner

The time is getting close for a collect all button

Replies

• I like the drone idea. Send it on 4 hr tasks that cost money and let it circle around town...
  • You couple a big town with a big multiplier and collecting gets real tedious. If there were something (say a currently useless IRS drone) that would buzz around in the background collecting from buildings and businesses while I worked on characters, that would go a long way toward keeping things interesting. As for the game being called "Tapped Out", well most games like this do require touching the screen now and then. I don't believe that makes the name some kind of commandment.
    That's a cold shot, baby. Yeah, that's a drag.
  • As to the question about the radius of the IRS tap, when my town was half the size it is now about 10 IRS taps would clear most collections. Today, it takes about 30 taps to clear it all now that I have every piece of property available. A 50% enlargement of the fully upgraded radius would do wonders and I assume would cut down on the processor time as well.
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • nnnNO.
  • Try the two-thumbs method. Tap the icon in upper left with your left, and the middle of the screen with you right. I visuals may not keep up, but they’ll register, and catch up. Should take under a min, even with all the characters ......of course if you’re using a tablet, you need giant thumbs! :#
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Would love to have this. Takes me forever to collect. And having the IRS upgraded does nothing what so ever.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • Like D’Angelo complaining to Stringer about the game. The game is the game.

40 degree day.
  • Luckily 80%ish of my 200+ characters are at SheShe Lounge, so my daily cleanups are short.

My overnights(usually 8 or 12 hr) do mean a long cleanup in the morning. Add in KEM, RoboFunzos, Maggie, etc and my morning cleanup is probably 20 minutes or more
  • ...as mentioned in a similar thread about a year ago, implementing Skateboarding characters breezing around for 1-3 minute of assisting collection could also be a worthwhile & fun 'collecting task' ;)
  • 2014noname wrote: »
    My IRS building is upgraded to the max and it still seems to take a long time to clear everything. Just part of the game though. No problems here.

Me too. IRS level doesn't affect the time. It honestly takes 10-15 minutes.
  • adruralo wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Wouldn't a collect all button deflect from tapping? It is tapped out after all.

Just saying :/
    Yes,
    this is the point of Simpsons tapped out.

No. The point of the game is to build our little Springfields and enjoy our "interactions" with the characters.

Spending tons of time on mind-numbing, pointless "tapping" is a chore that detracts from the fun.

When the game started, tapping everything was fine because the towns were small enough, but now it's a complete drag - that's why everyone uses the IRS to clear and why the Office of Unemployment is a popular way to send out characters on jobs.

Tapping is part of the game but not its "point".

If I had to individually tap on all 300 characters and my 100s of buildings, I'd have quit this game long ago...
  • Oatmeal832 wrote: »
    adruralo wrote: »

Yes,

No. The point of the game is to build our little Springfields and enjoy our "interactions" with the characters.

Spending tons of time on mind-numbing, pointless "tapping" is a chore that detracts from the fun.

When the game started, tapping everything was fine because the towns were small enough, but now it's a complete drag - that's why everyone uses the IRS to clear and why the Office of Unemployment is a popular way to send out characters on jobs.

If I had to individually tap on all 300 characters and my 100s of buildings, I'd have quit this game long ago...

No offense, but trying to definitively pin down the point of the game strikes me as particularly fruitless. It seems clear that different people enjoy different aspects of TSTO. Some place primary emphasis on decorating their towns, others on the accumulation of content or donuts or in-game cash, and, yes, a few have spoken about the soothing, calmative aspects of the tapping process. Go figure.

If you want to agitate for a “collect all” button, that’s fine and dandy, but it’s equally fine to be unconcerned about whether or not EA provides one.

• If they had a collect all feature what would be left for neighbors to tap? When there isn't a event going i store my IRS building so I will have plenty of buildings for them.

Yes,

No offense, but trying to definitively pin down the point of the game strikes me as particularly fruitless. It seems clear that different people enjoy different aspects of TSTO. Some place primary emphasis on decorating their towns, others on the accumulation of content or donuts or in-game cash, and, yes, a few have spoken about the soothing, calmative aspects of the tapping process. Go figure.

If you want to agitate for a “collect all” button, that’s fine and dandy, but it’s equally fine to be unconcerned about whether or not EA provides one.

I'm fine with the current solution of the IRS and Unemployment buildings. IRS can still leave collecting as a chore, but it beats the heck out of doing it one building/character at a time.

If someone views tapping as "soothing and calmative", they're welcome to continue to do it. The game doesn't force them to use IRS building.

I'm not "agitating" for anything - though as noted, if EA had never added the easier collection method of the IRS and the easier task assignment method of Unemployment, I'd have quit long ago, and I suspect I'm not alone.

My response reacted to the not-uncommon idea that because the game is called "Tapped Out", tapping is the "point" of the game, and they use this as an argument against "collect all"...
    Oatmeal832 wrote: »

Yes,

If someone views tapping as "soothing and calmative", they're welcome to continue to do it. The game doesn't force them to use IRS building.

I don’t think anyone implied otherwise.
    I'm not "agitating" for anything - though as noted, if EA had never added the easier collection method of the IRS and the easier task assignment method of Unemployment, I'd have quit long ago, and I suspect I'm not alone.

Maybe “agitating” was a poor choice of words on my part. Perhaps “lobbying” would have been better? I certainly didn’t mean to suggest that anything was wrong with proposing changes in the game.
    My response reacted to the not-uncommon idea that because the game is called "Tapped Out", tapping is the "point" of the game, and they use this as an argument against "collect all"...

As I said, I think it’s a mistake to assume there is any one point to the game. And while I obviously cannot presume to speak for others, I assume that the users to whom you refer don’t actively oppose the notion of a “collect all” button — they’re just indifferent to the idea.

Yes,

Maybe “agitating” was a poor choice of words on my part. Perhaps “lobbying” would have been better? I certainly didn’t mean to suggest that anything was wrong with proposing changes in the game.

As I said, I think it’s a mistake to assume there is any one point to the game. And while I obviously cannot presume to speak for others, I assume that the users to whom you refer don’t actively oppose the notion of a “collect all” button — they’re just indifferent to the idea.

I'm not even LOBBYING for a "collect all" - I'd be happy to have the option, but I'm not unhappy with the current IRS solution. It takes me maybe 3-5 minutes to clear my town, so I'm okay with that.

I just get tired of the "it's called 'Tapped Out', man - gotta tap tap tap tap tap or you defeat the purpose of the game!" comments, and that's what I replied to.

I admit that my comment is less a reaction to a theme in this specific thread and more a reflection of prior threads on this topic. In the past, the notion of a "collect all" has generated active opposition, not just indifference.

I still don't get why the idea bothers anyone. As long as it's optional - like IRS and Unemployment - why would anyone be upset the choice exists?

Yes,

I'm not even LOBBYING for a "collect all" - I'd be happy to have the option, but I'm not unhappy with the current IRS solution. It takes me maybe 3-5 minutes to clear my town, so I'm okay with that.

I just get tired of the "it's called 'Tapped Out', man - gotta tap tap tap tap tap or you defeat the purpose of the game!" comments, and that's what I replied to.

I admit that my comment is less a reaction to a theme in this specific thread and more a reflection of prior threads on this topic. In the past, the notion of a "collect all" has generated active opposition, not just indifference.

I still don't get why the idea bothers anyone. As long as it's optional - like IRS and Unemployment - why would anyone be upset the choice exists?

I give up. We’re obviously talking past one another at this point.
    chief-delphi.gif
  • Or why collect at all? Just have it go into your account when it's finnished. :)
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    Or why collect at all? Just have it go into your account when it's finnished. :)

Oh, sort of like a, play the game for me button :)
  • I don't want a collect all button. I think two separate buttons would be better; one to collect completed tasks, and a second for buildings if you wishave to clear them. I don't clear my buildings completely because I like to leave some for visiting neighbors. I haven't leveled up my IRS building for just that reason.