EA Forums - Banner

Krusty’s Kristmas On Ice

Prev1
Is it just me or is it just senseless that you buy a premium building like this one, then send Krusty on his task never to be able to send him to do it again? Why aren’t these jobs permanent? Kinda sad I’ll never be able to see this building animated again. Half the town just sits there with no animation. I don’t get it.
W.G.

Replies

• Not trying to sound whiny I just don’t see why the animators spend so much time to get the building animated for a one use moment. It seems like after all that work to animate each window and flag or whatnot why they wouldn’t want their work to be used regularly.
    W.G.
  • Think of it like the Christmas fruit cake that looks pretty, someone think of cutting a slice (changes their mind), then it becomes a paper weight.
  • BlackFloppyDisk
    770 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The animator that worked on the building animation is not the decision maker when it comes to the whether Krusty gets a permanent task at that building. The animator might not even be an EA employee at all, outsourcing and freelancers are very common in IT. Their top priority is to get paid, they may or may not have an emotional attachment to the game, or the Simpsons characters.
  • Is it just me or is it just senseless that you buy a premium building like this one, then send Krusty on his task never to be able to send him to do it again? Why aren’t these jobs permanent? Kinda sad I’ll never be able to see this building animated again. Half the town just sits there with no animation. I don’t get it.

I agree with you 100% it's always seemed a bit daft to make to animate a building and create a task for a character to use that building but only allow it to happen once, I really can't understand why but I guess the game designers have their reasons as it happens every quite often (Some of the buildings have awesome animation but so rarely seen), hopefully we'll find another character that can be used to activate it, if we fancy seeing it lit up.
  • I keep wishing they would offer us some way to permanently animate selected buildings like a skin (animation tokens?). There are many I would love to have going 24-7. I’d happily pay doughnuts for it.
  • JJR2112 wrote: »
    I keep wishing they would offer us some way to permanently animate selected buildings like a skin (animation tokens?). There are many I would love to have going 24-7. I’d happily pay doughnuts for it.

I'd pay for a simple tap on/ tap off to animate a building like we can with many building already.
    I keep wishing they would offer us some way to permanently animate selected buildings like a skin (animation tokens?). There are many I would love to have going 24-7. I’d happily pay doughnuts for it.

I'd pay for a simple tap on/ tap off to animate a building like we can with many building already.

I too would happily pay extra for this!
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    Also I did find today that Wise Guy does have a 10 hour clerk shift at Krusty’s Kristmas On Ice.
    W.G.

I too would happily pay extra for this!
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    Also I did find today that Wise Guy does have a 10 hour clerk shift at Krusty’s Kristmas On Ice.
    That shift is at the nearest building to him. It's how he works.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
    animation tokens?
    Oooooooooohhh!!!!!!!
    animation tokens?
    Oooooooooohhh!!!!!!!

BoormpitAttack
  • I ll check later today if krusty or some One else has a Job there
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • there's no permanent job atm
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Thanks for checking LPN.
  • Or instead of so many characters using the Brown House for just about everything, they can spread those tasks to other buildings not in use
  • Can't the babysitter be used or the tasks for wise guy? Wise guy has two tasks that if you place the building directly beside him as the only place he can go - he will animate it i.e. store him and make sure the building you want animated is the closest to him when you bring him out of storage. Think one is for restaurants (gluttony) and one is businesses (consumerism). Lucille's 24hr tasks lights up any house (indolence).
  • nissa762 wrote: »
    Can't the babysitter be used or the tasks for wise guy? Wise guy has two tasks that if you place the building directly beside him as the only place he can go - he will animate it i.e. store him and make sure the building you want animated is the closest to him when you bring him out of storage. Think one is for restaurants (gluttony) and one is businesses (consumerism). Lucille's 24hr tasks lights up any house (indolence).

Don't know about the babysitter but the wise guy can be used to activate it.
  • There are a lot of buildings that are used only once in this event (This, the Chinese Restaurant, Eski-Moe's, the Christmas Cabin).

You have to finagle/manipulate specific characters (mostly the Wise Guy/Raphael) towards those buildings.

I kind of wish these buildings had full-time jobs for characters.

[Krusty at the Kristmas on Ice, Moe at Eski-Moe's for example.]
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • I'm afraid that they just sit unanimated in my Springfield as it's just way to much effort to keep moving building around just to animate them, the only building that I ever did that for was the Bad Dream house and I only did that for Halloween.
  • I'm afraid that they just sit unanimated in my Springfield as it's just way to much effort to keep moving building around just to animate them, the only building that I ever did that for was the Bad Dream house and I only did that for Halloween.

Homer has a permanent 8 hour job to sleep in the bad dream house, which will makes the lights flash.

Homer has a permanent 8 hour job to sleep in the bad dream house, which will makes the lights flash.

I think all of the Simpsons do now, but they didn't when I bought it. I was p o'd when I realized I couldn't animate it after the quest was done and I bought Lucille specifically to make her rob it every day