EA Forums - Banner

Problem with game redownloading

This discussion was created from comments split from: Rigellian Christmas Spaceship :(.

Replies

• Is anyone having problems with this game. Every 24 hours the game logs out and I have to reload back in and the game downloads again. I am able to pick up where I left off before but am discouraged that it is constantly logging out and then reloading. Surely I am not the only one.
  • Is anyone having problems with this game. Every 24 hours the game logs out and I have to reload back in and the game downloads again. I am able to pick up where I left off before but am discouraged that it is constantly logging out and then reloading. Surely I am not the only one.

Hi, I have the same problem on my phone where suddenly I have to log in while it seemingly downloads the whole game again. When this happens to me I have to free up some space on my phone, and the problem goes away. I hope this helps.
    Yes, there have been dozens of threads about it, usually it is because of lack of free space on your device.
    Issue with the game re-downloading
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/170225/download-update#latest
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/149683/ios-11-constant-re-download/p1
    Posted on EA answers about redownloading:
    Do you enter the game via the notifications? It did this for me too, if I didn't open the game from the home screen. Open your home screen and open the app from there - do NOT open it on the lockscreen via the notifications.
    Posted in game discussion, December 24th 2017:
    Floix124 wrote: »
    On my iPhone 5S redownloading happens when I drop below 5GB of free space. (5GB!) Otherwise the game is running smoothly.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • This just happened to me on my Samsung Galaxy S7, and I have over 12 GB free. The game picked up right where it left off, so I lost no progress, HOWEVER, my game no longer zooms out like it used to.

Its zoomed in so close now I can only see a couple buildings at a time, driving me crazy. Zooming out moves it, but just barely. I used to be able to zoom waaaayyy out.
  • Samsung device zoom problems are a completely different issue.
    Screen resolution - Samsung devices
    marvin1826 wrote: »
    FIX FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S2 and probably others. Go to settings, lock screen and security, switch on unknown sources. Then go to http://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/game-tuner/3.2.02/#download and download and install Samsung game tuner. This is officially not compatible but will work just fine. Open it, go to modes, change to maximum quality, then save. Don't forget to switch off unknown sources afterwards.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/143400/screen-layout-changed#latest
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • rjcbrooks
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Due to this recurring problem which has nothing to do with the amount of space on my phone (4.5Gb’s) I was unable to complete the **** League boss fight to get Santa Claus. The game makes me reload every time the App Store notifies me of an update to other apps on my phone. Because I didn’t have access to wifi at work, I was unable to redownload the whole game and complete the boss battle that would have rewarded me with Santa Claus. I was unable to log in most nights at work because an update had occurred in my App Store.
  • rjcbrooks wrote: »
    Due to this recurring problem which has nothing to do with the amount of space on my phone (4.5Gb’s) I was unable to complete the ****. League boss fight to get Santa Claus. The game makes me reload every time the App Store notifies me of an update to other apps on my phone. Because I didn’t have access to wifi at work, I was unable to redownload the whole game and complete the boss battle that would have rewarded me with Santa Claus. I was unable to log in most nights at work because an update had occurred in my App Store.

If you look at some of the many threads on this topic, you’ll see that quite a few users experience this problem with devices having 4-5 GB free.