EA Forums - Banner

To everyone considering buying the premium Saint Patty's well...

Replies

  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited March 2013
    Wow this thread got crazy quick.

    I will throw something out and in no way mean to anger or hurt anyone. Let me repeat that again what I say next is in no way a joke or remark on anyone.

    I could see the whole cancer cure thing being real. Sure he is getting most of his comments from family guy but that show wasn't far off Imo. Medicine and Insurance company's make way way to much money off sick people to let a cure for cancer out there. My grandmother has cancer as we speak and the price to keep it at bay is crazy.

    Anyone see that they cured hiv from a baby? I really worry about the safety of that doctor, it was a small story that wasn't really reported and was pushed to the back of the news by some stupid celebrity doing something stupid.

    In short I don't agree with most of what that crazy person is saying but you really have to wonder if a cure would even be brought to the public.

    I will say one more time these are my views and in no way mean to offend anyone. If anything I say hurts you I am sorry I feel free speech even ones you don't like are important. End rant!
  • jonas_alexan
    325 posts
    edited March 2013
    Wow this thread got crazy quick.

    I will throw something out and in no way mean to anger or hurt anyone. Let me repeat that again what I say next is in no way a joke or remark on anyone.

    I could see the whole cancer cure thing being real. Sure he is getting most of his comments from family guy but that show wasn't far off Imo. Medicine and Insurance company's make way way to much money off sick people to let a cure for cancer out there. My grandmother has cancer as we speak and the price to keep it at bay is crazy.

    Anyone see that they cured hiv from a baby? I really worry about the safety of that doctor, it was a small story that wasn't really reported and was pushed to the back of the news by some stupid celebrity doing something stupid.

    In short I don't agree with most of what that crazy person is saying but you really have to wonder if a cure would even be brought to the public.

    I will say one more time these are my views and in no way mean to offend anyone. If anything I say hurts you I am sorry I feel free speech even ones you don't like are important. End rant!

    I whole heartedly agree with free speech but - what has any of this got to do with The Simpsons Tapped Out?
  • chelsea0790
    407 posts
    edited March 2013
    I will never believe that there is a cure for cancer being withheld. I'm not a believer in any conspiracies in general.

    I mean, who are these people or entities or cooperations, or whatever that are withholding the cure? What is the exact logistics of how a cure for cancer is kept underground. To make such big claims deserves a show of big evidence!

    It just baffles me completely that so many people think a cancer cure is being withheld.. it just isn't possible. Surely someone within the inner circle of people who know about the cancer cure, how it works and how it is administered would eventually come forward and speak about it.

    I don't know.. people don't believe in the moon landing, 911, I've heard of conspiracies that a few families own the whole worlds wealth and blah blah blah.. just seems like crap to me!

    I'm sure a lot of doctors made money from treating people with polio back in the 50's, we all know polio was a worldwide epidemic. By all accounts, why find a cure when letting people suffer and die would apparently be more profitable?

    It literally makes me sad that people have such little faith in humanity as a whole. Sure there are some bad eggs out there, but if there was a cure for cancer we would know about it by now.

    (this thread has taken an interesting turn)
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Hit the nail on the head mate after my father and grandfather died from cancer it made me dig for info just about everything these people are in is a scam although it may seem to hard to comprehend for the "average Joe" but like I said have a look at these so called conspiracies and keep in mind the most logical solution is usually the right one and a bigger lie is much more believable than a smaller lie and the lie will become more believable over time.
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited March 2013
    And just when I thought this thread had died a natural death..
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    And just when I thought this thread had died a natural death..

    LOL....best comment ever.

    No pun intended, right?

    :twisted:

    What I find funny is that I completely agree that the well is overpriced. The idea behind that got lost and then thrown off-track with talk of charities and cancer (seriously????).

    So how about dragging this train back to the topic at hand? Over priced pixels.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited March 2013
    I'm not going to try and figure out **** is going on with the sidelining of this thread, so will ignore that. To the OP...

    People are jumping on you because comments on how people spend their money are rude. As a PP said, you could complain that you think the well is too expensive. Okay, cool, that's your opinion. Some will agree and some will disagree. Telling others how to spend their money, though, is just plain not cool and, really, none of your business.

    As you said, EA is a business. They run things like a business. As a consumer, you can refuse to support a business or product with which you do not agree. You, as an individual, can even give your money to a charity if you prefer. Good on ya and all. If you tell others how to spend their money, though, it will bite you in the ****.
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I thank you for the good laugh this thread gave me.

    Now please go far far away from this board. Go preach somewhere else fatso.

    This is my response as well.
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    My reason for buying the well was the fact that I'm only missing 2 limited items, the duff racer and witch marge. Plus all premium, so to miss out on something now when it's only really a fue bucks in real money is pointless to me. I suppose once you invest you kinda want to see it through.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    am4692 wrote:
    My reason for buying the well was the fact that I'm only missing 2 limited items, the duff racer and witch marge. Plus all premium, so to miss out on something now when it's only really a fue bucks in real money is pointless to me. I suppose once you invest you kinda want to see it through.

    Don't let people force you to explain your purchase.

    You wanted it.

    You have the money for it.

    You got it.

    Everybody else can just shut up, lol.

    The same way I wasn't going to get it because I thought the price point was too high, I don't need to explain that to anybody. My game, my money, not the business of anybody else what I do with it. Not even my husband tells me how to spend my "mad money". Same way I don't tell him (he brews beer...now that's an expensive hobby! Makes my donut buying one seem cheap in comparison lol).
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited March 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    am4692 wrote:
    My reason for buying the well was the fact that I'm only missing 2 limited items, the duff racer and witch marge. Plus all premium, so to miss out on something now when it's only really a fue bucks in real money is pointless to me. I suppose once you invest you kinda want to see it through.

    Don't let people force you to explain your purchase.

    You wanted it.

    You have the money for it.

    You got it.

    Everybody else can just shut up, lol.

    The same way I wasn't going to get it because I thought the price point was too high, I don't need to explain that to anybody. My game, my money, not the business of anybody else what I do with it. Not even my husband tells me how to spend my "mad money". Same way I don't tell him (he brews beer...now that's an expensive hobby! Makes my donut buying one seem cheap in comparison lol).

    So true play as you like justify to no one. :)
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited March 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    am4692 wrote:
    My reason for buying the well was the fact that I'm only missing 2 limited items, the duff racer and witch marge. Plus all premium, so to miss out on something now when it's only really a fue bucks in real money is pointless to me. I suppose once you invest you kinda want to see it through.

    Don't let people force you to explain your purchase.

    You wanted it.

    You have the money for it.

    You got it.

    Everybody else can just shut up, lol.

    YEAH!! :P lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • JohnGalt85
    72 posts
    edited March 2013
    am4692 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Iam no hippie jeez that's y I havnt been sick for as long as I Remember don't believe me look up don tolman got all the secrets must be good if the book I have of his is now worth $16000 but anyway u go to the dr and get ur injection against the flu for example and still catch the flu,seems a bit odd to me,immunization is the main cause for alzimers disease,if u don't believe me I bet u couldn't name wats in ur injection you take it cuz ur dr(who is on the payroll)tells you to,pharmaceutical industry is a multi billion dollar industry, Michael Jackson tried to expose it he now dead,tupac shakur tried to expose not only this but how "they" have all the control and assassinate your character and what happened to him, anyway I can see I gonna fight a loosing battle as people have already been brainwashed by tv and all other things ifnu have time just look up mk ultra program. As for bad grammar please excuse as iam on a iPhone much easier and quicker once again sorry


    So if you read it in a book hear it in a song or see it on TV then it must be true? Quick someone call Stan Lee and tell him the Hulk is on the loose.

    Do not feed the trolls...

    And if emmcee1 isn't trolling, holy crap what a big pile of bullsh*t!
  • glitch010
    24 posts
    edited March 2013
    Wow this post has been interesting to read! I just wanted to take a second to respond. I bought the wishing well and leprechaun as soon as it was available. But I, like others have a gaming budget for this game and other games. To me buying a moving, funny talking money bag was an easy choice. Five minutes in the game gets me more money and XP then an hour long task! That to me is money well spent! It's fine if you feel that the economy of this game has gotten messed up, but keep voting with your dollar! That's what matters here! I support this game by giving money from time to time because I want to see more content and support thrown at it! And I even got the donut glitch twice!
    So please don't judge how people spend their money. Don't assume what people do in their lives. And don't tell people t not support the game in a space designed to support the game.

    Oh and emmcee1 regarding this post,
    emmcee1 wrote:
    It has plenty to do with it the post is about charity,not all charities are bad but most are money laundering scams that's all Iam gonna say(that's how my cancer post came in there) and let me make this clear u might think iam mad but iam on a iPhone with real laggy Internet it's much easier to right text style on here once again sorry for that

    Don't blame your post on your device or internet speed. Right now I am typing this on my iPad and have no problem typing logical and well spelled sentences. Did you know that certain thoughts can become sentences on iOS devices by just hitting the space bar twice. Just drops a period. You don't have to do anything extra. And that the iPhone has autocorrect. You don't have to spell a word right. When I typed leprechaun at the top of this post I just typed the first four letters because I didn't know how to spell it! My iPad did it for me. And so can your iPhone! Crazy! So either you are bad at grammar, spelling, and logical thought development. Or don't know how to use your device correctly! Or both!
  • MattoMcfly
    31 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Holy hell this took a nose dive fast. Overnight I became a fat, preachy * who was telling people how to spend their money (even though I think I pretty much stated multiple times that I was not telling anyone how to spend their money, just consider what else they could do with it).

    First off, I'm about 170lbs, only kind of preachy when it comes to video games, and only an * when Tim Hortons gets my coffee wrong every single morning (even though I say MILK, asshats).

    When I first came here I thought "ok, maybe the suggesting charity" thing was a bit of a stretch. But then I thought, no, screw that. If I'm getting crapped on for daring to offer my OPINION in a GENERAL DISCUSSION forum as to how money spent on THE GAME could go to better use, I'm not the problem here.

    So since it seems everyone in here is determined to make this out to be a horrible attack to their lifestyle choices, I'll just come out and say this: If you are spending anything more than, say, $2 on stupid items like this well, you are what's wrong with gaming. You are who are influencing companies like EA to throw actual game design out the window and focus on selling make-believe surface crap. And it IS crap. And believe me, Simpsons Tapped Out is not a game. It's a fun promotional tool, but absolutely nothing more. Imagine what you COULD be playing if you showed EA you aren't willing to buy meaningless premium items. Imagine if, instead, we got new mini-games, buildings with loads of micro-management features, characters that could interact with one another...ANYTHING more than cute icons that make make-believe money. That could all happen if you, yes you, stop telling EA you're happy to keep buying crap like this.

    So THAT's what I meant. Buying this well, or anything in the increasingly constant list of overpriced crap, is hurting the game YOU Love. The charity thing? So sorry I mentioned it (but again, not really).



  • Toj427
    438 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    MattoMcfly wrote:
    Holy hell this took a nose dive fast. Overnight I became a fat, preachy * who was telling people how to spend their money (even though I think I pretty much stated multiple times that I was not telling anyone how to spend their money, just consider what else they could do with it).

    First off, I'm about 170lbs, only kind of preachy when it comes to video games, and only an * when Tim Hortons gets my coffee wrong every single morning (even though I say MILK, asshats).

    When I first came here I thought "ok, maybe the suggesting charity" thing was a bit of a stretch. But then I thought, no, screw that. If I'm getting crapped on for daring to offer my OPINION in a GENERAL DISCUSSION forum as to how money spent on THE GAME could go to better use, I'm not the problem here.

    So since it seems everyone in here is determined to make this out to be a horrible attack to their lifestyle choices, I'll just come out and say this: If you are spending anything more than, say, $2 on stupid items like this well, you are what's wrong with gaming. You are who are influencing companies like EA to throw actual game design out the window and focus on selling make-believe surface crap. And it IS crap. And believe me, Simpsons Tapped Out is not a game. It's a fun promotional tool, but absolutely nothing more. Imagine what you COULD be playing if you showed EA you aren't willing to buy meaningless premium items. Imagine if, instead, we got new mini-games, buildings with loads of micro-management features, characters that could interact with one another...ANYTHING more than cute icons that make make-believe money. That could all happen if you, yes you, stop telling EA you're happy to keep buying crap like this.

    So THAT's what I meant. Buying this well, or anything in the increasingly constant list of overpriced crap, is hurting the game YOU Love. The charity thing? So sorry I mentioned it (but again, not really).


    ...and you officially lost me.

    If you don't like the prices, don't pay them. This is a free game after all. When I buy donuts I consider it to be donating toward the development of a game I enjoy playing. I am not what what is wrong with this game, I support it because I enjoy it and I like the direction it is going in.

    If you don't like the direction the game is going then quit playing. That will get your point across.

    BTW, best thread ever, lolz
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited March 2013
    Lol I can't breathe. I think I called it when I said this thread was doomed.
  • timsullivan245
    38 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Serious poster is serious
  • chelsea0790
    407 posts
    edited March 2013
    MattoMcfly wrote:
    If you are spending anything more than, say, $2 on stupid items like this well, you are what's wrong with gaming. You are who are influencing companies like EA to throw actual game design out the window and focus on selling make-believe surface crap.

    Buying this well, or anything in the increasingly constant list of overpriced crap, is hurting the game YOU Love. The charity thing? So sorry I mentioned it (but again, not really).



    I don't understand, I don't think EA has a measure in place to determine where the money is coming from - what items are bringing in the money.

    What I mean is, I don't think EA have a list of how many individual wells are being purchased, rather they just have a list of how many transactions for donut purchases go through the Apple store.

    So maybe when they release limited time items they see an increase in donut purchases if the new items were reasonably priced, or maybe they don't see a trend at all.

    I think this game is what it is, it provides seasonal content updates regularly to keep players interested as well as a few additional characters, buildings and decorations here and there. Players can justify spending however much they want to on this game and I cant see how that hurts the game! Games like world of warcraft have a mandatory monthly subscription fee, and in that game there are often many inbalances between characters, always complaints there too but people still play.

    At the end of the day you don't have to buy any items in this game anyway, but if you want to and it brings you joy, why not :wink:
  • MattoMcfly
    31 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    This is a pretty epic thread, heh.

    The problem with that logic is that by supporting this "game" (again, this is not a game) with real money, you're telling EA--a developer with huge influence--that there is a market for over-inflated premium items. That affects the industry beyond this game, for other gamers who want to play something with substance. So yeah, enjoy it all you want, but my point still stands your money is influence the direction of game development in a depressing way.

    Also, wouldn't you like to see Simpsons Tapped Out actually be more "fun". Like...with more actual games and things to do? If you were to stop supporting these kind of premium items, EA would respond with meaningful additions. So if you so love this so much, why would you be against asking for that change?

    PS. I like the Simpsons Tapped Out. It's a cool diversion, and it can be played free. I think I just keep coming back hoping every update will actually make it something beyond a well made promo. And everytime they come out with premium items I lose hope.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.