EA Forums - Banner

Screen resolution S8 plus

The screen resolution playing on the galaxy S8 plus is zoomed in and you cannot get a larger field of view. Screen set at 2960x1440. It zoomed out fine on my LG g4 @ 2560x1440.

Replies

• zoramac wrote: »
    The screen resolution playing on the galaxy S8 plus is zoomed in and you cannot get a larger field of view. Screen set at 2960x1440. It zoomed out fine on my LG g4 @ 2560x1440.

This is an issue with many Samsung devices that can be addressed by downloading the Samsung Game Tuner and using it set your game mode to “maximum quality”.
  • awesome, that worked.. thank you
  • I tried this on my S8 and I'm still stuck at a low resolution, any other suggestions?
  • I actually managed to get this to work between adjusting the screen resolution in the performance manager and adjusting the setting to boost in the game launcher, and also setting the game tuner to max.
  • sdhamblet wrote: »
    I actually managed to get this to work between adjusting the screen resolution in the performance manager and adjusting the setting to boost in the game launcher, and also setting the game tuner to max.

Happy that you were able to resolve the issue.

• I can't believe I played this game in the zoomed in mode for years...
  • Thank you so much! Until the Treehouse of Horrors update, the game was working fine on my S8. Then everything went super tiny & I couldn't read any of the dialogue between the characters. Had never heard of Game Launcher & Game Tuner until I tried Googling a solution & found this thread. Downloaded the apps you suggested & I can see & enjoy the game again! Thanks again!
  • FIX FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S2 and probably others. Go to settings, lock screen and security, switch on unknown sources. Then go to http://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/game-tuner/3.2.02/#download and download and install Samsung game tuner. This is officially not compatible but will work just fine. Open it, go to modes, change to maximum quality, then save. Don't forget to switch off unknown sources afterwards.
  • Thank you! The game just blew out of proportion on our S7s after a recent update and the Samsung Game Tuner worked perfectly. It's nice to see my town again!
  • The Game Tuner App did not work on my S7, changing the resolution only made it more or less pixelated.
    It was still zoomed in very close, to change this I went to the Display settings on the phone...
    Settings (Gear Icon)
    Display
    Screen Resolution...
    I tried it a couple different ways to see what I liked best. Higher and Lower resolution.
    I also played with Screen Zoom and Font and Screen Mode until I got it to look right...
    The Game Tuner App looks like it's more for adjusting FPS and performance of the App rather than adjusting screen size
    Also look at the size of the spinning donut when the game is loading, if that donut is large, then your on screen scale will be zoomed in close