EA Forums - Banner

Extra Items in Inventory

Prev1
After the Springfield Heights first workout, we have tons of items such as add ons for the buildings. We also had to reach so many dollars worth for extensions and to meet game requirements. Now you have tons of items in your inventory that you don’t need. Is there some way we can just get rid of these? I don’t care about getting money for them, I just want them out of my inventory.

Replies

• If you create an area in your town for instance the Springfield dump you could put them in there although it will add to the item limit but at least you will have a cleaner inventory. :)
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • Apart from placement in your Springfield there is other no way to remove them from the inventory I suspect the reason for this is due to the fact that they had to be purchased to increase the Rev levels of the heights and some had limits on the amount that you could purchase, now if you sold those then they would either have to remove the amount of Rev you got for the item which could alter certain trigger points or if you where allowed to purchase them again without rev reduction it would allow you to artificially increase your rev.
  • bgcrosier wrote: »
    After the Springfield Heights first workout, we have tons of items such as add ons for the buildings. We also had to reach so many dollars worth for extensions and to meet game requirements. Now you have tons of items in your inventory that you don’t need. Is there some way we can just get rid of these? I don’t care about getting money for them, I just want them out of my inventory.
    it is a common complaint but you either have to get used to it like me and many...many others or there is a change in how the inventory is viewed than nothing can be done. most people get over or used to it and enjoy the game besides the inventory annoyance

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • it is a common complaint <snip>
    tenor.gif

• Multiple items have always been a problem, nothing to do about it
  • Multiple items have always been a problem, nothing to do about it
    Well, EA could/should do something about it. Almost every new event brings dozens of new items making that inventory more impractical every day... one thing would be to make all but the really elemental items salable. The problem with that would be setting prizes for all the stuff (just 1$ for everything would be fine by me). Another option would be a button to dump useless items for good... or maybe a kind of spam folder where you can put everything you don't use, thus these things would still be there but at least out of the way. You could even make some event or crafting/recycling mechanic where you can take your old stuff and turn it into resources: unused fences or trees and plants might be turned to "wood" while you could smash all those pesky heights and monorail spare parts into "rocks" or something like that...
    So yeah, just because EA unfortunately doesn't do anything about that this doesn't mean that there couldn't be done quite a lot. I'd like to nuke and rebuild my town someday soon after the snow is gone, but the thought of this pathetic inventory of ours makes my brain hurt...

If some of us seem blasé or unenthused it’s because, as already noted, this has been an issue for a long, long time and we have repeatedly heard these same suggestions being made. Yes, the inventory is a problem. No, EA is not likely to fix it any time soon.
  • They could give us a sink hole in town where you can dump all unwanted items or the giant toilet to flush it all away. :)

The inventory is a nightmare when you NUKE. :#
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • I have played for four years and nuked recently.
    LOVED IT! Wonderful fun redesigning my town. The only frustration was the inventory. If it was fixed I might NUKE again in another four years :#:D
  • I would pay donuts to have seperate inventory boxes that I could put a certain amount a time in and most importantly be able to sort said boxes to help the struggle. Must have tens of thousands in my inventory and “scrapyard” at this point.
  • I've been waiting for Springfield Heights 3 for this very reason. I wanted to place all the extra items there. I've tried sprinkling them throughout the rest of my Springfield, but jeez there are so many extra buildings!
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I have played for four years and nuked recently.
    LOVED IT! Wonderful fun redesigning my town. The only frustration was the inventory. If it was fixed I might NUKE again in another four years :#:D

When you nuked, did krustyland also get nuked? I'm curious about that :smile:
    They could give us a sink hole in town where you can dump all unwanted items or the giant toilet to flush it all away. :)

The inventory is a nightmare when you NUKE. :#

Like a bottomless pit?

I do have some nude photos of Whoopi Goldberg I need to dispose of...
  • Arachdoesj wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

Krustyland stays.

No they are separate. I'm working on buying all the land in KL and then I'm going to nuke that too :#
    Arachdoesj wrote: »

No they are separate. I'm working on buying all the land in KL and then I'm going to nuke that too :#

I nuked Krustyland a while back to redesign my theme park and actually it's not as bad as I thought that it would be because there are less items available so the whole inventory isn't to bad.
  • Thank you @mudkicker7672 and @0Brooders0 :smile:

And you look dangerous near the red button brooders lol

Thank you @mudkicker7672 and @0Brooders0 :smile:

And you look dangerous near the red button brooders lol

I am!!! I've convinced a few others to go for it too. There comes a point in the game where everything got so jumbled up I hated it. Now my town is super organised the way I want it. Plus.. gotta try everything once eh? :)
  • I would be more inclined to nuke my town now if there was a category in the inventory that showed all the items that have a bonus percent.
  • I would be more inclined to nuke my town now if there was a category in the inventory that showed all the items that have a bonus percent.

What I wouldnt do for this feature right now
  • Birch Bark is going in. Making fun of Rush Limbaugh.
    SAD