EA Forums - Banner

Harp Glitch, more donuts?

Prev1
One week six days, and still no help from EA.
I just want to play my game. :(

Replies

• Spallan
    73 posts
    edited March 2013
    If you have iPhone 5 you can fix it yourself.
    If not look in the Game Status forum and check the posts there for people to help.
    If you want me to fix it for you just PM your details if takes about 20mins. :)
  • akaucantcme
    14 posts
    edited March 2013
    What details do you need. And thanks :)
  • Spallan
    73 posts
    edited March 2013
    You need to PM your Origin login details.
  • TruEvilRegal
    65 posts
    edited March 2013
    The iPhone works best but the iPad 3 also works. That's what I used to fix my Harp of Death.
  • akaucantcme
    14 posts
    edited March 2013
    Yeah done that mate :) thank you for helping out.
  • akaucantcme
    14 posts
    edited March 2013
    Well still can't get into my game. It's been 1 week 5 days
    Iv Emailed EA a few times now and got sod all.
    Really not happy about this, why havent they got back to me??? Iv spent money on this game :( EA you need to sort this out NOW and apology would be nice.
  • emmytots
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I can open the game on my phone but when it's loading up it just freezes and keeps repeating the same sound like a broken record, I logged out of the game on my phone and tried to log in on my iPad but am having the same issue, it's so frustrating when I've spent good money on this game to now be unable to play it!!
  • knight111
    98 posts
    edited March 2013
    dc1301553 wrote:
    Are you using a iPad or iPhone? When I got the harp of death... I tried a number of times on my iPad to get back in with no luck. I finally switched to my iPhone 5 and first try got back in. I read most are suggesting to turn off the auto lock, I did not do that I just tapped the screen to keep it from shutting off... Let it run, tapped the screen and 20/25 mins later I was back in. If you do not have an iPhone 5 (seems to be the most effective for getting back in) do you have a friend or family member that will let you borrow theirs to log in? The app is free... So even if they don't have it loaded... They can delete it once you're done. Good luck, I know it's frustrating...

If you search you would find all solutions are same as the above so good luck I wish you will all the best
  • mangster22
    3 posts
    edited March 2013
    I was able to fix this problem using a friend's iphone 5 and was able to play the game for 3 days. this evening the log in freeze with the harp sound is back and looks like i'm stuck yet again. so even if you are able to fix the problem, you'll have to cross your fingers it doesn't happen again.... also, there are no free donuts
  • neff001
    8 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have and I phone 5 and this is how I fix my harp glitch I don't know if it the same for other devise but I hope this help first I click on to general setting on my phone then I went to auto lock from there then I click on never and then I went to my sismpson tapped out app wer it started to load and froze into the harp glitch so what I did is let it run for about 20 min to 30 min in the same loop do not exit the app or turn your phone off while it on harp noise let it stay like that intill eventually it will let you into your simpson town hope this help god bless you all hope it help
  • akaucantcme
    14 posts
    edited March 2013
    Well I'm still locked out of my game over 3 weeks,
    I phoned Ee and was told I have to wait two more weeks.
    It's a long wait but thanks lads for the help:) can't wait to
    Get back to my game.
  • steph-sdw
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    I was locked out with the harp for 6days. I have an iPad 2. Without the help on here I never would have known what to do to fix it so thank you all so very much. Tried my friend's iPhone 4S with no luck but have a friend with an iPad 4. Downloaded the app, logged into my game and it started with harps. Let it run and after about 10 mins it let me in. All is same as I left it. When I logged in it was locked on the bonus donut screen. Ended up getting about 40 donuts before I got fed up repeating the box choice and closed out.
    Thank you!
  • peteuk82
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    If need help use thedrazen very good and very quick :)
  • jacquesvn01
    5 posts
    edited March 2013
    Big up to the TheDrazen for helping out! After being frozen for three days he managed to help in a matter of a couple of minutes! Lots of gratitude!!!
  • red5hunt
    7 posts
    edited March 2013
    :lol: 8)
    thanks Spallan
    awesome work !
    got in quick!! :-)
    :)
  • AuthorsWill
    3 posts
    edited March 2013
    I haven't been able to access my springfield in the past few days because of this harp of death, I certainly hope when EA does fix the problem that people will be given donuts for all this hassle. I know I have just been frustrated without the game for a few days but, I really feel for the people who haven't played in weeks or more! I can't imagine this going on much longer, hopefully the fix is coming soon!
  • idio242
    4 posts
    edited March 2013
    i got nervous for a few days there with this glitch.

iphone 4 and ipad 3? (whatever the last, not current, version was).

last night i tried playing anonymously from the ipad and logging in when i could. didnt work. today i tried to load it on my phone and what do you know - it worked.

it gave me the "your game didnt save on the other device" so i ignored that warning to lose progress. i guess you are technically logged in when the harp glitch happens.
  • w_murdoch95
    19 posts
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys I see some people are finding it hard to open their Simpson's World after doing the harp glitch. I have an iPhone 5 and I am willing to help anyone who cannot open the app. It will take approximately 20 minutes and you will then be able to open the app with no problems and with about 500 legit donuts- I've already done it for two people ( one of which gained 1003 donuts legit!)
    If you would like me to do this just pm me your email address and password. You can change your password after to make sure I'm not one of those hackers!

Just trying to help :)
  • w_murdoch95
    19 posts
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys, I have an iPhone 5 therefore can log into accounts that have done the harp glitch. Once I log in, you can also log in on your device! You also gain like 500 free donuts aswell because of the glitch haha! Pm me your details if you want me to sort yours out :)
  • PhatMike83
    11 posts
    edited March 2013
    I had the harp glitch start 4 days ago and finally came here to find out what the iPhone 5 unlock trick was. It worked first time after waiting about 15 min while the glitch was going off. After that my town was the same as I left it but the bonus donut lottery kept popping up over and over again, the donuts kept piling up and this kept going for about an hour straight! After collecting over 1000 free donuts I thought surely as soon as I turn off my game they would disappear, but to my surprise they are still there!! Being a long time player of this game and dealing with the severe problems from when this game came out I'm happy to have something good finally come out of a problem. I'm not sure if the endless donut lottery was a glitch as well but I hope there are other players that have the same thing happen to them. EA can afford to give everybody free donuts as far as I'm concerned. Best of luck to all !!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.