EA Forums - Banner

Homergeddon teaser!

Replies

• ZennGlenn wrote: »
    :# Swell, hope the snow sticks around thru at least St Pats for realistic winter :#

...btw, enjoying 4yr addiction B)

pBtrH0P.jpg

Happy anniversary
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Does this mean we have to wait another week for the event to start? :/

Most likely, yes.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Does this mean we have to wait another week for the event to start? :/

Most likely, yes.

... oh poop. :(
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    The simpsons tweeted another episode was coming the 28th. Mistook it for a new episode.

Apparently Fox is not going to compete with NBC's Super Bowl and Olympics. So none of the regular shows are going to have new episodes til March.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Could this be a mini event or a full event? Either way I am glad something new is in our game.

A tie in item for certain means a full event.

Was the Fifty year Ice Cream Supply from an old episode?
  • What event is Homergeddon exactly? Nuke for fun?
  • What event is Homergeddon exactly? Nuke for fun?

No one knows as it hasn't started yet.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    but for a young town i got the launch pad and the cheap space homer quest line also the option to buy the shuttle/barney outfit and other items. wonder if that will come into play with update
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I got deep space homer event also.....I'm guessing newer players get a blast from the past to see how much they will spend? There's no time limits on it either....
  • I got deep space homer event also.....I'm guessing newer players get a blast from the past to see how much they will spend? There's no time limits on it either....

Man, why don't they let those of us who never got it the first time around purchase things like the Astronaut Barney and the Space Coyote?? :(
  • simpsonare
    2305 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I got deep space homer event also.....I'm guessing newer players get a blast from the past to see how much they will spend? There's no time limits on it either....

I had that before the Christmas event. We must be getting mini events not completed before events now. Maybe that means I'll get the cinnabun. I think that was from a mini.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I got deep space homer event also.....I'm guessing newer players get a blast from the past to see how much they will spend? There's no time limits on it either....

Man, why don't they let those of us who never got it the first time around purchase things like the Astronaut Barney and the Space Coyote?? :(
    didnt get space coyote but i did buy the drive in theatre with the space mutant or marshmallow (forget which one it was with the theatre) in my young town

• txrabbit3737
    1159 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    According to LPN the Classic Mini Events are activated until January 22. Presumable the Homergeddon Event will start most likely Tuesday January 23.
  • johncolombo
    11497 posts Senior Moderator
    I got the chili event in my crawl town. Last downtime, I forget when I got the astronaut event. There were 2 others mentioned and I thought we were getting all 4 at once. So it would seem they randomly drop now in-between 1 at a time? Does this make sense to anyone else but me? Not sure how to word this.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • What is included with mini events. I didn’t get a prompt for a mini. Last time they did this i completed deep Space homer and chili chillad.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I got the chili event in my crawl town. Last downtime, I forget when I got the astronaut event. There were 2 others mentioned and I thought we were getting all 4 at once. So it would seem they randomly drop now in-between 1 at a time? Does this make sense to anyone else but me? Not sure how to word this.
    yeah, 1 at a time seems reasonable, didn’t get the chilli event. i did not play crawl town from when we ended it and just started it back up at the end of October and am doing the space “event” but thought at first this was a way to get new towns caught up to upcoming event

• johncolombo
    11497 posts Senior Moderator
    joegibbs84 wrote: »
    What is included with mini events. I didn’t get a prompt for a mini. Last time they did this i completed deep Space homer and chili chillad.

I can't remember I may be wrong. I play a second town that's only 1 year old and it missed a lot of content. Maybe it was only 2 events. Can you think of any other mini events off the top of your head that were similar? I'm drawing a blank.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • This seems to be the precursor to the "generational divide" that was mentioned in the last app update.
  • The mini events were Chiliad, Deep Space, Heretic, and Rommelwood (in random order). There were multiple initial reports of Crook and Ladder and Pin Pals being included too, but those were later said to be incorrect. I started playing immediately after Pin Pals and really wanted that one, so by the time it was clear it wasn't part of the list, I'd blown through several nights of little sleep and lots of donuts on rushed tasks. I ultimately completed all four events and have had nothing trigger today other than the teaser, so it seems the list is still just the first four I mentioned (unless some of the really new ones were added too).
  • Briscowins wrote: »
    This seems to be the precursor to the "generational divide" that was mentioned in the last app update.
    I think Homergeddon is going to be a Bart vs. Homer event with an appearance by Angry Dad.
    542f75312c06af12d31100dae368e825.gif