EA Forums - Banner

I really need help with KEM farming induced levelling!!

Replies

• If i'm not actively farming, i will keep the last batch of KEM's just to tap whenever i'm around as well as friends have something to tap on. If i'm in the game for an hour thats a few free grand i can take in.
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    If you're at 2000% you can rat trap truck farm.
    KEM farming is for poor people...

No doubt. Your time is worth so much more! Stop wasting it with KEMs.
  • Why are you farming? Do you have a target of cash or donuts you are trying to reach? I've played since day 1, have 500 million and just over 20k donuts, multiplier is about 2970% haven't spent a single dollar of real money, completely freemium. My point is I can now make as much money and donuts as I need that I don't have to farm as often as you say you're doing.

Get to a point in the game you're happy with and do just enough to stay there. New event? Spend those donuts then farm back to that level. Money isn't an issue at 2000% for you. It was taking too long to clear my town of cash and XP that I now only do tasks when I feel like it. Started to hate how long it was taking so cutting back (for me) has actually been awesome, still enjoy the game but don't have the huge time commitment I used to.

Find your happy level and stay there, too high a multiplier made my game less fun.
    But my mum says I'm cool
  • Springfield heights makes a great dumping ground. Make that a mass dump, and design the crap out the real Springfield
  • Long time lurker, first time poster...

I've been in almost exactly the same place you are now. I'd echo a lot of other posters in recommending you stop KEM farming, stop Mystery Box buying, store some Lard Lads, etc. I don't think anyone has mentioned maybe storing some Heights buildings permanently. At your (and my) bonus level, I think this is perfectly reasonable -- the hidden bonus isn't highly beneficial to us anymore.

I know there are psychological barriers to overcome here -- not using the most cost-efficient method of getting donuts! Having premium items in storage! -- so here's how I look at it: I put a lot of grinding into getting my bonus over 2000%. But the bonus itself wasn't the end goal, having plenty of donuts and money was.

And now that I have those, my reward is doing a lot less grinding. And having achieved my goal, I was also eventually able to break free of the notion that if it produces income or has a bonus then it cannot reside in storage. I'm still not totally free of it. I find the Beach Hideaways an eyesore for example, but haven't yet brought myself to putting them away even though the 100% bonus is no big deal to me at this point.

But, on the whole I don't have to grind in my main town anymore, so I don't, aside from setting tasks once a day and collecting income once or twice. No KEMs, no trucks, no vast farms of buildings. Every day I still net around 8-10 million money and around 40-50 donuts (my Collider is always on, and never mind cost efficiency, I always tap for 3 donuts).
  • Christmas event and Snowball II got me from 580% to 810%. Game now feels a bit easier. Went from about 70 donuts a day to 120. Big difference.

Good advice on this thread. KEM is I real grind and I only do 37 every 4 hours. I look forward to giving it up but I like the efficiency over RTT, at least for now. What's your time worth, right?

My overall .02 is this. When I really put the gas on increasing multiplier I paid attention to the footprint of the multiplier item. That's why Snowball II was so great. I want to limit the storing and hiding of multiplier items as much as possible as I move forward in the game. The whale was finally in my vault and I succumbed to buying it. But, it goes against my cost/footprint rules. 225 (net) for 7% and it's big. Gotta have the whale though.

Skol!

Skip
  • Alright, I tried it the rat trap way since I'm REALLY getting tired of constantly building and selling hundreds of KEMs at a time.

After a typical collecting run of my blue houses and many, MANY Lard Lads, I had just under 4 million to play with. Normally, I'd have gotten as many KEMs as I could for that, waited four hours, collected and repeat. This typically gives me anywhere from 120-180 donuts per run, but it's a huge time committment to do this several times a day. Even just finalizing the buildings by tapping the checkmarks takes forever with so many of them!

Instead, within the huge area I normally reserve for KEM farming, I just tapped on the rat trap icon as many times as I could until I ran out of money. I then proceeded to level up what seemed like at LEAST thirty times in a row and quite possibly more. When I finally finished this, I sold them all and did the same thing again - this time with fewer rat traps of course. When all was said and done and I exhausted my cash supply, I had roughly one hundred donuts. So there's no doubt the rat trap method is quicker and far more painless than going nuts with KEMs, the return is roughly one-third to one quarter less than using KEMs. I suppose the time saving and ease of this method make it worthwhile...right? I'll always be able to make more donuts the old way of course, but it's less and less fun, plus I need to reserve a lot of open space to do it. Thanks so much for the advice everyone!

I did the rat trap thing properly, didn't I? I mean, it SEEMS obvious, but you never know! I'd love to never have to build another KEM, and 100 donuts every four hours, or 600 donuts per day or more certainly seems worthwhile..I already have most premium stuff available to me. I've been using them mostly to buy mystery boxes and increase my multiplier to ensure yet more donuts in the future. Although of course this continues to produce massive Lard Lad territory. I swear, my once-wonderful and proud town is now close to half composed of Lard Lad farms!! I want to stop, yet they're also by far my main source of income. I literally get millions of dollars every four hours from them. If I take them away, my income is obviously slashed significantly.

Oh, one last comment about the billboards/vans - a lot of people have been advising me to hide them behind other stuff. That is indeed what I did for as long as I could, hiding first in the Heights, then the main part of town. However, I now have so many of each, they're absolutely impossible to hide at this point. I have huge clusters of them, and I HATE the way it makes my town look! I suppose this is a tradeoff...as someone suggested, I suppose I could slowly replace them with more efficient XP-giving items, yet won't that eventually become very hard as I lose the gains from all the billboards/vans?

Thanks a lot for the help!!
  • Just a heads up but I'd suggest not placing more than around 25 Rattrap trucks at a time as sometimes when doing a Rattrap truck run the game will crash and you can loose a huge amount of xp and thus donuts, it might not happen to often but I thought that it's worth warning you about it as it has happened to me and many other players from time to time.
  • Just a heads up but I'd suggest not placing more than around 25 Rattrap trucks at a time as sometimes when doing a Rattrap truck run the game will crash and you can loose a huge amount of xp and thus donuts, it might not happen to often but I thought that it's worth warning you about it as it has happened to me and many other players from time to time.

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up! My game doesn't crash often, but when it does and I come back, it seems for the most part to pick up right where I left off. Still, it's not worth the risk when that many donuts are involved, so thanks again for the warning :)

Also, you guys always keep your XP collider fully charged, right? I've been putting in 30 days at a time (the maximum it lets me do) and it's REALLY nice not to have to worry about it! As well as I know my town after all the time I've spent on it since 2012, would you believe I still often have trouble finding my collider and employment center sometimes??? lol.

I've also been considering expanding my monorail. Bulding it was a HUGE project for me that literally took months because I had to earn every track piece, run it through a majority of my town area, retrofit most of it by bulldozing roads and even buildings, waiting for the right pieces, and hardest of all - making it loop so it forms a single closed track and also goes through all three stations. It took me FOREVER to do the whole garbage collecting thing and having to wait a week before I could start purchasing more track. However, I completed this project months ago. In the meantime, since I have the Li'l Lisa slurry plant, I've been getting more and more tracks without doing a thing just by collecting the blueprints it produces. It takes a long time this way of course, but just by doing this and no other active collecting with garbage and stuff, I have 30-40 more of each track piece in storage. It's just gonna be such a pain in the **** to refit everything!

Ideally, I know the nuke button would work well here in more ways than one. I just can't bring myself to do it! I've made complex designs and neighborhoods dating all the way back to 2012, and I could never reproduce them exactly if I obliterated everything. Not to mention I put in a lot of detail in regard to forest and garden layouts and have over ten thousand items :/ The thought of rebuilding all that is not fun, to say the least.
  • Here's one way you could wean yourself off the Lard Lads:

1. Set a target for how many donuts you want to save up, then once you hit it stop making any donuts aside from what you get just from collecting income and levelling up. (Keep your XP Collider on at all times.) For me, this number was 10,000.

2. Then, set a target for how much money you'd like to have in reserve for future land buys, the next Cecil megaproject, etc. IMO 500 million should be more than enough.

3. Once you've hit both goals, you won't really need the income from all those Lard Lads anymore. (IMO you don't need it now, but...) Start storing them. With your bonus and presumably around 300 characters you will find you have plenty of income even without the LL's and you'll have your first billion before you know it.
  • Bomb319
    117 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    That's good advice, thank you :) That's a LOT of cash and donuts, yet I assume I will ALWAYS need the latter for new events and such. I also need to plan out what I'm going to put in place of all those LLs. Putting them all in storage leaves me with a TON of empty space.

Unfortunately, I also have nowhere near that many characters; I lost my phone sometime in 2013, and only got back into this game when I got a new phone only last April. Since then, I've been trying my best to catch up on missed characters and buildings when they come around and I've succeeded to an extent (got the Grumple for example). Yet my total character count is still well below 200. I'd estimate it to be about 170 max based on how I send them on jobs (how many are available after leaving the game for a day). I suppose there's nothing more I can do except wait for new events and hope they come around again for purchase. I've probably snagged at least 50 characters since starting up again.
  • Bomb319 wrote: »
    Just a heads up but I'd suggest not placing more than around 25 Rattrap trucks at a time as sometimes when doing a Rattrap truck run the game will crash and you can loose a huge amount of xp and thus donuts, it might not happen to often but I thought that it's worth warning you about it as it has happened to me and many other players from time to time.

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up! My game doesn't crash often, but when it does and I come back, it seems for the most part to pick up right where I left off. Still, it's not worth the risk when that many donuts are involved, so thanks again for the warning :)

Hi, yes after a crash it will generally pick up where it left off but seem to remember that the game will only remember 2 or 3 full xp bars and any over that will be lost, so it's easy to loose lots of xp and donuts that quite, personally I place 20 trucks at a time collect them then another 20 but it entirely up to you as to how many suit you best.
    So there's no doubt the rat trap method is quicker and far more painless than going nuts with KEMs, the return is roughly one-third to one quarter less than using KEMs. I suppose the time saving and ease of this method make it worthwhile...right?

This is something that is argued about on here (although not always explicitly). For some people their time is important to them and they prefer rat trap trucks over KEMs. Yes, the price per donut is way more, but it's also more convenient. Others want the cheapest way to get donuts, even if that means tediously building many KEMs multiple times throughout the day. Both sides have pros and cons, and neither side is "right", it depends on what your playing style and goals are.
    That's a LOT of cash and donuts, yet I assume I will ALWAYS need the latter for new events and such.

It is a lot, but you could set yours lower; my target of 10k donuts is arbitrary after all. Until I got there I tried to keep the money lowish (around 100 million). Once I had what I considered enough donuts, the money ballooned.
  • NUKE.

It's the only way to be sure :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • I’ve learnt a bit about KEM farming. But I know nothing about multipliers. Can someone please link a thread about different multipliers or write it down yourself? Would be really thankful.
  • LFCMathis wrote: »
    I’ve learnt a bit about KEM farming. But I know nothing about multipliers. Can someone please link a thread about different multipliers or write it down yourself? Would be really thankful.

Might have misunderstood what you want but here's a list of all the multiplier items
    https://tstotopix.me/2015/05/18/list-of-items-with-bonus-money-and-xp-on-jobs/
  • If you're at 2000% you can rat trap truck farm.

Or people with a low XP percentage.

exactly, POOR PEOPLE!
  • heyababy47428
    1038 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Bomb319 I'm starting to have to same feeling as you. I'm near 2000% and I have lots of Lard lads and vans and billboards. I created a zone in a corner with all the 12h buildings I farm (mainly white houses) and when placing them I left a space between houses where I put the vans and the billboards and the JEB. You can see them, but hey, it's the farming zone, at least I don't have to think where to hide them in the city.
    And probably when I'm happy with my donuts/money reserve, I will store the Lard Lads.
    If you're at 2000% you can rat trap truck farm.
    I'm near 2000% and I feel like I'm losing bonuts using RTT's (the math is awkard, should get more boxes that I get), so I buy bunches of 5 Tiki Bar's who gives me the right amount of bonuts.

my multiplier is 2100ish. I've made 4000+ donuts since that last event ended just using RTT and my cash on hand is still around 100 million.
    Maybe my house farm is bigger??? idk
  • Christmas event and Snowball II got me from 580% to 810%. Game now feels a bit easier. Went from about 70 donuts a day to 120. Big difference.

Good advice on this thread. KEM is I real grind and I only do 37 every 4 hours. I look forward to giving it up but I like the efficiency over RTT, at least for now. What's your time worth, right?

My overall .02 is this. When I really put the gas on increasing multiplier I paid attention to the footprint of the multiplier item. That's why Snowball II was so great. I want to limit the storing and hiding of multiplier items as much as possible as I move forward in the game. The whale was finally in my vault and I succumbed to buying it. But, it goes against my cost/footprint rules. 225 (net) for 7% and it's big. Gotta have the whale though.

Skol!

Skip

Do this ^