EA Forums - Banner

Can you buy the new land?

Replies

• No question that all my land tokens are missing. I had around 12 before this update.
  • rutigsesq wrote: »
    No question that all my land tokens are missing. I had around 12 before this update.

they're not missing they're "invisible" they just dont show up in the inventory that's all
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Really don't like this idea with the land, actually unless I can unlock more land to place the new on it's all destined for storage as if I can't design around it I'm not interested in it.
  • Safi at tsto addicts believes this is a glitch and EA are working on a fix. :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Safi at tsto addicts believes this is a glitch and EA are working on a fix. :/

Only time will tell, but it's a game killer for me, for the first time ever I've not spent money on the game at the start of an event.
  • Really dont like this

Only time will tell, but it's a game killer for me, for the first time ever I've not spent money on the game at the start of an event.

If it is intended to be this way IT SUCKS EA.
    I can't design where I want to when I want to.
  • They are just testing to see a reaction to it......if this thread is any indication it will get "fixed" and they will try another idea later on lol.

Its not a glitch they set the tiles to be buyable all with the tokens. It May be a glitch that you cant buy them with money after u finish them
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • devilhunt1449
    3624 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

Its not a glitch they set the tiles to be buyable all with the tokens. It May be a glitch that you cant buy them with money after u finish them

I truly hope that they change it back to how it was before when you had a choice to use a token or purchase the land as no new land is a game killer for me, absolutely pointless buying new stuff if it's just going to be stored, I certainly won't be spending any more money to support the game.
    Post edited by devilhunt1449 on
  • rutigsesq wrote: »
    No question that all my land tokens are missing. I had around 12 before this update.

they're not missing they're "invisible" they just dont show up in the inventory that's all

Oh, much better then. Problem solved!
  • i'm nowhere near the outside edges yall are. But i am honestly surprised that the land doent go for donuts.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    This would completely break the game for new players

Not really. They have atleast a year before reaching that unless they pour serious cash in the game.
    I wonder how long until EA starts selling land tokens for real world cash?

Game is dying, game is on its last legs

Not really. They are netting currently about 10k a day. If there was not a hundred hack camps they probably would be doing better.

If you had read all of what I wrote instead of cherry picking one line you would understand that if new players were only able to buy old land using free land tokens then it would completely break the game for new players, which is exactly why I asked if anyone who had old land could check. Could you imagine starting the game and only being able to buy land using tokens that you don’t have? It would literally be unplayable inside of a month.

If EAs plan is to keep land behind a paywall I’m out. There will be no point to playing the game with such a limited amount of land and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that way. This past Christmas event was almost unplayable for me and that was just ONE event without new land. I may not be the best designer when it comes to this game but it’s the number one reason I play.
  • I'm not a fan of this at all. I've already purchased all of the land previously and run out of room with my designs. I've been just sticking stuff here and there already. My designs won't win any prizes but I enjoy them and it's part of the reason I play the game.

Seems to me that EA is shooting themselves in the foot with this-
    I have several things I'd like to try for in the Mystery Box, but with no where to put them what's the point? If there is no place to put the new items for sale then why would I spend donuts on them? If I don't have a reason to purchase donuts EA gets no real money from me.

• I hope this is a mistake. I had 17 land tokens saved up, but I just used them to purchase the most expensive pieces of land from the last few updates. If new land is only obtainable via these tokens that's a mistake.
  • Game is dying, game is on its last legs

If I had a nickle for everytime Ive seen this statement on this fourm! :D;)B)

I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

We would be millionaires!!!

DOOMED ... WE ARE ALL DOOMED.
    :#:p
    Game is dying, game is on its last legs

We would be millionaires!!!

DOOMED ... WE ARE ALL DOOMED.
    :#:p

Oh ****, I didnt know were doomed. Now this is getting serious! We have to do something! Something I tell you...
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

You might have $10 or $20, I understand it’s been said but it’s going to happen sometime and the way things have been going I would guess sometime is going to be sooner then a lot of people think. If they seriously lock land behind tokens I could see older players leaving in droves.

• I'm a long time player (since the first TOH...don't remember the year) and yes, requiring the free land tokens for new land would definitely ruin the game for me. My favorite part of is designing my town. If my math is right, at three tokens per event, it would take more than two years to unlock all the land that appeared with this update. I'll run out of space long before that!