EA Forums - Banner

Can you buy the new land?

Replies

• Tokens for land? um.... uh, ... ah nevermind:rolleyes:
    “Well, I’m so moved I renounce science"
  • ECB3533F-BCA6-42E2-A317-5E9D14D05F7Bda4e43c6d66d8d1e.png

This isnt even new land, I could pay this with cash before the update. Defintely a change
  • I hope/wonder if the new land will be purchasable with in game cash once the event ends? Perhaps it's a 2 step system, only purchasable with tokens whilst the event is live and then purchasable with tokens or in game cash after the event ends. Maybe it's a new implementation of land provision that'll follow this 2 step system each event? That wouldn't be so bad I suppose but it does suck that new land is only currently purchasable with tokens :/

This isnt even new land, I could pay this with cash before the update. Defintely a change

Too many flags go hide them behind buildings.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking

I really wanted to flag that comment :D:D:D
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)

Wow, and I thought I had a lot of flags!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Maybe it will be a reward for the daily challenges?
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    ECB3533F-BCA6-42E2-A317-5E9D14D05F7Bda4e43c6d66d8d1e.png

Too many flags go hide them behind buildings.

I literally dont have enough room from already hiding other stuff :D
  • Actually, it might not be a bad thing. As it is right now, long time players will just be new land without any hassle. Using only land tokens will add another quest to the game. Just give us a quest to earn land tokens (Like the Monty moneybags mountain or similar) and I’m fine with it. Give us like three tokens per event and it will get tedious real fast. I think a big part of the game is the quest to get the items. At 600 %, I can’t really afford to buy every bonus item out there but the struggle is part of the fun. At 2000 % I don’t think I’d like the game as much, being able to speed up tasks and buy every premium item.
  • I don't think the land tokens will be restricted to Act prizes. There will probably be more land expansions in the future and we are not even close to being able to unlock what's already there. I'm just wondering how we're supposed to get the rest.
  • I’m thinking the tokens are a method to slow down land purchases. As a longtime player I have lots of IGC and have no trouble immediately purchasing all the new land at once (when it was offered for a price) which enlarges the game and - possibly- makes it more glitchy.

However, as others have said, I NEED the new land in order to place the new event stuff, so there has to be more ways to earn tokens so we larger players can get new land in a reasonable amount of time.
  • Game is dying, game is on its last legs

If I had a nickle for everytime Ive seen this statement on this fourm! :D;)B)

This game will be going even when the show may or may not end.
  • Maybe this is their way of not having to release land with every event. Takes a few events to have enough to purchase all and then they only give land twice a year at most.
  • This can't be right. There is no way this will fly. Why open up two strips of new land only to make it more time consuming and harder to buy, especially for new players. I'm a seasoned player almost from the beginning and I can't see the logic.
  • I don't like this at all. At the very minimum they could at least have given us a pop up message letting us know that we couldn't buy the new land with IGC anymore. I, like other people, instantly bought the most expensive with my tokens but if I knew I would've used them in a different areas that I need for design.
  • frogger53 wrote: »
    This can't be right. There is no way this will fly. Why open up two strips of new land only to make it more time consuming and harder to buy, especially for new players. I'm a seasoned player almost from the beginning and I can't see the logic.

To be fair, this won't affect new players as it's only the newest land that is affected. This only affects people who already own all the previous land. Still not sure what they're thinking, though. Perhaps there will be other ways to earn the land tokens that we just can't see yet?
  • For the first time ever while I've been playing the game I have no real interest in the event due to not having the space to design with, unless they change what they have done with the land then everything earned during this event is destined for storage and for me the whole reason that I play is the design side of the game, so if I can't design what's the point of playing :(:(:(
  • johncolombo
    11237 posts Senior Moderator
    I was thinking last night, and this is my own opinion. Maybe they are slowing down the land because the game can't handle anymore? Just a thought.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I was thinking last night, and this is my own opinion. Maybe they are slowing down the land because the game can't handle anymore? Just a thought.

I honestly don't know, I know that I have no issues with the game and I own everything like lots of other and I'm always close to the item limit but the game still flys on my device, I know older devices probably are struggling especially with the size that the game has reached but lack of space is a game killer for me and build and design is the whole reason that I play.
  • It better be a glitch.
    This just isn't on :s
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)