EA Forums - Banner

So far what do you think of the new event?

Prev1
I like the event, but I think some of it is going to end up in storage. The playground that we are building will more then likely go into storage and the one in the prize pack will do the same.

There are a lot of cool craftables that I will use through out my town. I hope we can craft more then one of the houses thats just a frame. I really like that!

The tire fences are awesome! Well done EA! They go great in my yellow trash area lining the roads and some driveways!

Replies

• I will add I did look ahead and see whats coming. Its a lot of awesome stuff! Just don't care for the playground stuff.
  • I'm loving every second of it so far :)
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Excellent. I've had my account 2 months and didn't have any of this stuff. Will be able to get it all for free with the exception of the Hans character. The valentines stuff I have none of so all in all the update will add around 20 characters. Just hoping for a little downtime after so that my donuts can go to the regular premium characters I'm missing.

I just hope after the event these stations are used for something good. Not just a money collection piece.
  • I think like usual I prefer the new characters not really attached to the event. 4 notable old school characters this event alone.
  • I think it’s a fun theme and I’m really enjoying it. I usually judge an event based on the ability to acquire things that I like vs. things that will go right into storage. From what I can see for this event it will (for me) have a lot more positives than negatives. Very much not happy with the new land policy but that’s a different discussion.
  • The event is okay. I like the event is Bart-centric; since all the other events shoehorned Lisa into the starring role.

(Don't get me wrong; I like Lisa as a character, but having her not be in this event so far is very refreshing.)
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The event would be nice, unfortunately the crafting makes it horrible and even worse the "new" improvement making it impossible to buy new land.

EA knows how to poison things with lovely "crafty" touches.

Sours the Event. Not even lemony, unless it would be rotten lemons.

:-1:
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • Overall so far I'm enjoying the event the characters that we are getting are great along with the new buildings and decorations that I have a great idea for, only one real downer in the event but that's for another thread.
  • I'm enjoying this event so far, I might not keep all the items together in the same area, but I think most will look good added to areas I've already started. I wish they would have released the land at the top of the town, it makes more sense for my game, for that land to be the outlands area.
  • Zozobras wrote: »
    The event would be nice, unfortunately the crafting makes it horrible and even worse the "new" improvement making it impossible to buy new land.

It's not "impossible" to buy new land. Sure, it's impossible to buy the new land with in-game cash, but they can be bought with the land tokens. I know you know that, but I think it doesn't hurt to be clear when describing the new mechanics. I get that many people hate the new system, but just because they changed the currency needed to buy new land doesn't mean it's "impossible" to buy the land.
  • The event per se is fairly average. I like the overall concept and the decos thus far are fine. I definitely don’t like altered situation as regards land acquisition that has accompanied this event. That added factor leads to a net thumbs downs as far as I’m concerned.
  • Love the content.

****... :/

4hrs all the time over and over.. . 3 acts a flipping gain. 42 days again. Tap stuff in your town again. Visit neighbours for little or no reason again. Again again again. Craft again. Level up again.

I really hoped they learnt from Christmas. It was a lovely relaxing 2 act event. Not too long not too short. Plenty of stuff for new and old.

But NOOOO.... let's go back to the old **** way of doing events.

Nuff
    Duff
    Said.
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Chris60119 wrote: »
    There are a lot of cool craftables that I will use through out my town. I hope we can craft more then one of the houses thats just a frame. I really like that!

Sorry to report the frame house is a unique item, so only one per town. Doesnt earn anything, or do anthing either.

Edit: Before someone asks, there is no multiplier.

I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Love the content.

****... :/

4hrs all the time over and over.. . 3 acts a flipping gain. 42 days again. Tap stuff in your town again. Visit neighbours for little or no reason again. Again again again. Craft again. Level up again.

I really hoped they learnt from Christmas. It was a lovely relaxing 2 act event. Not too long not too short. Plenty of stuff for new and old.

But NOOOO.... let's go back to the old **** way of doing events.

Nuff
    Duff
    Said.

The game is meant to be life ruiningly fun. :wink:
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • I like the crafting in this event. As opposed to previous events, many of the crafting items have an effect on the game itself and can be used in various ways to decorate.

Now if I can just remember to purchase a ton of tire fences before the event ends so that I have them in storage for when I want to use them sometime in the future...
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »

You forgot the part where we get on this forum and complain about event mechanics again and again.
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Zozobras wrote: »

It's not "impossible" to buy new land. Sure, it's impossible to buy the new land with in-game cash, but they can be bought with the land tokens. I know you know that, but I think it doesn't hurt to be clear when describing the new mechanics. I get that many people hate the new system, but just because they changed the currency needed to buy new land doesn't mean it's "impossible" to buy the land.

Can be bought with land tokens. Yes? Apart from saving them during events how and where can we obtain them?
    May be 3 land tokens per event, so far. At this rate how long will it take to buy more than 40 land squares? Impossible? maybe not: irritatingly slow is rather accurate.
    A nitpicking difference.
    Maybe you will prefer to get them for donuts, I don’t.

I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • What are the 'Ruffians' that im supposed to be tapping?
  • It's a mixed bag.
    Pros:
    - The theme is fun.
    - There are some good bargains on returning stuff.
    - A few long awaited characters/items are showing up.
    - I don't have to use Lisa for the event.
    Cons:
    - The ratio of characters obtainable as prizes to those you have to purchase with donuts is unacceptable.
    - A glitch caused me to lose all 16 of my land tokens plus one I was supposed to be awarded with the playscape.
    - Friend visits are still a chore with no fun interaction.
    Crafting:
    Crafting is both a pro and a con. Pro because they've integrated the crafting to make it part of your event/story progression. Giving it some added purpose doesn't hurt. However, it's a con for the same reason. If I'm crafting to further the story and my progress, I'm not crafting things because I want them for decorative purposes. Being forced to craft certain things to progress defeats the purpose of what crafting has previously been all about.
  • My least favorite so far. I see nothing I want to craft, and no prizes I want. At least in act 1. Add to that the new system for buying land. I have tons of cash that is pretty much useless now except to buy trees. For the first time, I'm considering leaving the game. Definitely not buying or spending more doughnuts on this event.