Prev1
1-Graham-S
340 posts Member
edited January 2018
At the start of this, place... followed by you got a free land token
so far so good
I had 9 or so saved because I buy in strips rather than a bit at a time
Just gone searching, none there
tried expanding to see, and found the "locked" land, and it told me I had no land vouchers
Hang on, where did they go to then, because I never used any over the last few events ??
Post edited by 1-Graham-S on
You'll often find me on Brooders tapped-out.co.uk

Replies

• 1-Graham-S wrote: »
    so far so good
    tried expanding to see, and found the "locked" land, and it told me I had no land vouchers
    Hang on, where did they go to then, because I never used any over the last few events ??

See discussion here:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/196752/can-you-buy-the-new-land#latest
    so far so good

See discussion here:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/196752/can-you-buy-the-new-land#latest

sorry I forgot your tag, but you must have mis-read the title and content as I opened this post.
    I did look at the other thread you suggested, where the complaint is that land can't be bough for IGC
    That is not the problem here. the issue is the fact that I should have land tokens to spend, but they have vanished without a trace and I ain't happy.

I quote here what I added to your redirect....

I was redirected here by another who must have mis-read.
    I'm not complaining about needing to use tokens.
    I'm absolutely furious because all of mine have vanished, including the newly awarded one as this event began.
    Where are all my unused land tokens, that is the complaint.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/comment/1884014/#Comment_1884014
    1-Graham-S wrote: »
    so far so good

See discussion here:

sorry I forgot your tag, but you must have mis-read the title and content as I opened this post.
    I did look at the other thread you suggested, where the complaint is that land can't be bough for IGC
    That is not the problem here. the issue is the fact that I should have land tokens to spend, but they have vanished without a trace and I ain't happy.

I quote here what I added to your redirect....

I was redirected here by another who must have mis-read.
    I'm not complaining about needing to use tokens.
    I'm absolutely furious because all of mine have vanished, including the newly awarded one as this event began.
    Where are all my unused land tokens, that is the complaint.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/comment/1884014/#Comment_1884014

The link I gave you discusses that as well.

• The link I gave you discusses that as well.
    Oddly, some of those posts didn't show as I read, and reacted. Sorry If I seemed harsh.
    Even Johncolombo was taken aback I think, at the thought of players losing tokens.
    It is a thread with two conflicting issues though, and this is purely about any land tokens players may have had just vanishing unused, into the digital gloom, so let's see what happens.

• johncolombo
    11464 posts Senior Moderator
    1-Graham-S wrote: »
    The link I gave you discusses that as well.
    Oddly, some of those posts didn't show as I read, and reacted. Sorry If I seemed harsh.
    Even Johncolombo was taken aback I think, at the thought of players losing tokens.
    It is a thread with two conflicting issues though, and this is purely about any land tokens players may have had just vanishing unused, into the digital gloom, so let's see what happens.

I can't see mine, but I was able to use 1, that's all I tried so far. I want to hang on to mine till we figure out what's going on with the new land. Others have claimed they cannot see or use their land tiles. We also don' know how we're supposed to get enough land tiles for all the new land so it's a 3 part mystery at this point.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • 1-Graham-S
    340 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Only ice and boardwalk tiles under consumables in inventory, and I tried unlocking new land and it said I had no tokens not long after placing the playscape and seeing the you've won a free land token message - as well as 9 or so I had saved
  • 1-Graham-S
    340 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    EA help managed to see I had 13 "Free Land Blocks" on the 23rd and couldn't verify I hadn't used any so a rollback was effected solving the issue but restarting the event.
    If you're going to contact EA, the sooner the better to give yourself a chance to catch up
  • I had 6 free land tokens I saved up from past events, but didn't know why there was land that could only be bought using them. Basically, I didn't understand, until I read about it yesterday in the forums. I used all 6 to buy land I could have used cash on, instead, and now, I have no more. What in the heck is EA thinking? Are we now limited on buying the land that only tokens can be used for, or is there a more sinister plan EA will be coming up with, like either use a free token, or buy the section using donuts? After losing over 400 donuts last week with a bug in the game, and another 400 plus a few months ago, I'm not buying more donuts. I'm not rich, and I've spent a lot on donuts. I'm done buying them, and, I'm also just freeing up of land, and slowly moving stuff around that fits better elsewhere.
  • Some land can be bought with IGC or sprinfield dollars but the new land strips, at least for now, can only be paid for with tokens.
    Spend them wisely.

Meanwhile, the point of this thread is for people who did have saved up land tokens that they cannot access for either purpose because a glitch has deleted them

Please only comment here if all your land tokens have vanished without a trace, especially if you had more luck than me and the variable was reset rather than a complete rollback

The tech I spoke to was dismayed he couldn't get an owned land count to compare to tokens and the IGC to work out if I had used any and could not take the chance of benefit of the doubt in case I was pulling a fast one, which is fair enough.

The only course of action available was a rollback which means I'm starting the event all over again.
    If you have this issue and enough lost tokens to make it worthwhile then contact EA help as soon as you can so you have a chance to catch up with the event tasks and prize track

Again, good luck
  • That is a pretty poor position for EA to take. THEY ARE JUST BITS!!!!! They don’t cost EA anything! Give us back our land tokens please WITHOUT HAVING TO RESET THE EVENT. Your decision not to give us back the tokens that your programming error too away because you think we might be lying about how many you took away from us is a really bad way to convince us to buy more donuts, or even to continue playing the game. You need to rethink you desision and do the right thing by giving us back the tokens you took from us. If you don’t want to do that, at lease add something to the game so we can win the lost land tokens back, because the people who have lost tokens are going to be the people who played the game daily, in other words your loyal players. How about returning some of that loyalty.
  • I have been a victim of this glitch too. I had 6 land tokens before the Bart Royale Event update and lost them when the event started.

I have already reached out to EA tech supp and the initial from EA was reply was
    I'm sorry, there is an issue with the data, we can not see the account details to assist you further with your issue.

Please contact us back shortly.

So I replied asking if due to a second glitch that I am left victimized with losing all of my land tokens I have saved in order to spend when most beneficial to me....no reply yet.

• I’m also a victim of “lost” land tokens but my total is around fifty. I am in the process of EA working on my problem and will post the results. I have been a player since the start and it always shocks me how EA fails so often its players.
  • wes1998328 wrote: »
    I’m also a victim of “lost” land tokens but my total is around fifty.

How did you manage to get 50 of them?

I don't think I've ever used one and I have 25. Maybe I used one or two, I forget. What's the total number of land tokens that have been available?
  • johncolombo
    11464 posts Senior Moderator
    wes1998328 wrote: »
    I’m also a victim of “lost” land tokens but my total is around fifty.

How did you manage to get 50 of them?

I don't think I've ever used one and I have 25. Maybe I used one or two, I forget. What's the total number of land tokens that have been available?

not 50 I'm pretty sure. Maybe wes1998328 got a lot over the winter holiday event?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I can see why EA might be skeptical of our claims, but if they wanted to verify how many tokens each of us had lost, they could restore our games onto a test or development server to the way they were before the programming error took the tokens away from us, instead of doing that on their production server and resetting our progress on the current event in the process.
  • Update: EA tech support went back and checked my original free token count and has updated it to the correct amount.
  • 1-Graham-S
    340 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    wes1998328 wrote: »
    Update: EA tech support went back and checked my original free token count and has updated it to the correct amount.

Yippee, wish they did that for me but am on bonuts and got scrap, Pyro in a day and a bit instead of now though, dagnabit blasted rollback
  • Semi-related question: Is there any good reason that I shouldn't use my land tokens on these new land squares? I still have lots of regular land I haven't bought (I have the cash, I just don't want to use it on land at the moment).
  • If it remains that the new land can only be bought with tokens and you can get the $s then it's worth saving all tokens for the newer land, or end up only getting a few bits per event when you need to expand later.
    I'd only use tokens if you need land desperately and don't have the cash
  • Now I'm happy I had a couple issues and decided to post on the forum. Might not have seen this thread otherwise. Just checked my game and found my tokens missing as well. Support ticket submitted and fingers crossed.

If they suggest rolling back my Springfield... let's just say I will not be a happy tapper. Hoping like for others they have sorted out a solution and stopped using a hammer.
    When there was The [Broken] Wheel. The horror... The Horror!