EA Forums - Banner

Is Pyro worth It?

I'm currently 3000 Duff beers away from unlocking Pyro, which at the current moment, would be 45 donuts to unlock him, granted I still have a few hours left of Act 1.

My question Is for those that have unlocked him, Is he worth the 45 donuts?

Replies

• Keep plugging away for those beers before you even think of using donuts, but 45 sprinkles for a character is pretty good value any time and I reckon he'll be useful in the next acts as well, although no doubt earning at the standard not the premium rate as an event prize
    You'll often find me on Brooders tapped-out.co.uk
  • brogames111
    739 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    1-Graham-S wrote: »
    Keep plugging away for those beers before you even think of using donuts, but 45 sprinkles for a character is pretty good value any time and I reckon he'll be useful in the next acts as well, although no doubt earning at the standard not the premium rate as an event prize

Good advice, and also keep in mind, that at some point they will reissue Pyro as a premium character, and he’ll start paying at a premium rate for those who already have him. If you have the donuts, and grinding won’t get you there, it’s a great price. IMO.
  • I like him, he also helps earn event currencies. I also like his task list
  • 1-Graham-S wrote: »
    Keep plugging away for those beers before you even think of using donuts, but 45 sprinkles for a character is pretty good value any time and I reckon he'll be useful in the next acts as well, although no doubt earning at the standard not the premium rate as an event prize

Good advice, and also keep in mind, that at some point they will reissue Pyro as a premium character, and he’ll start paying at a premium rate for those who already have him. If you have the donuts, and grinding won’t get you there, it’s a great price. IMO.

Oh I'm definitely going to keep plugging away until a minute before midnight. Thanks for the advice, folks. Much appreciated!

• Earns event currency (for the hole event), fully voice with more than one dialog when tapped or when sent to task. Funny animations.
  • He enjoys doing stunt work, and I'm hoping he'll come out of the closet and want to frequent my Gay district.
  • Gary_A_D wrote: »
    He enjoys doing stunt work, and I'm hoping he'll come out of the closet and want to frequent my Gay district.

Hahahaha!
  • I am really annoyed that the update for this event came so late and made it impossible for me to get Pyro even though i was barely off the game trying to get him, i was still 9000 off getting him. its not fair and you expect me to pay 140 donuts i dont have for him? i had no chance of getting him from the start of the event, EA should give me pyro for the amount of effort i put in with 4 days less than most.
  • Have you joined the discord group? That way you will get a notification as soon as the update is available, this way you don't have to wait for the forced update and start 3 days late.
  • I ended up being 2000 Duff beers short of Pyro. Luckily, he only cost 35 donuts. I also forgot that I had a dollar saved up from Google Play Rewards, bought a dollar scratcher, and won 50 sprinkles.
  • Guess I'll be passing on him too. Not going to spend 150 donuts to get him.
  • simpsonare
    2264 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I ended up being 2000 Duff beers short of Pyro. Luckily, he only cost 35 donuts. I also forgot that I had a dollar saved up from Google Play Rewards, bought a dollar scratcher, and won 50 sprinkles.

Someone recommended that to me also and I've been using it on Simcity for a month of 10 sim cash. For free, I'll take it.
  • I am really annoyed that the update for this event came so late and made it impossible for me to get Pyro even though i was barely off the game trying to get him, i was still 9000 off getting him. its not fair and you expect me to pay 140 donuts i dont have for him? i had no chance of getting him from the start of the event, EA should give me pyro for the amount of effort i put in with 4 days less than most.

we're you able to pick up some of the premium offerings to help gather event currency? (Wendell, Erik, slagheap). I was a week late getting started on the event (travelling, not update issues or anything) and knew I'd never finish without some premium help. Picked up Wendell and Erik and managed to finish with about 5 hours to spare just by logging in/collecting/resetting every 4 hours.

• What's up with Pyro not being assigned with unemployment office?
    When in Doubt, Release The Hounds.
  • 1pillform
    2021 posts Member
    I ended up being 2000 Duff beers short of Pyro. Luckily, he only cost 35 donuts.
    **** are u talking about? It says he costs 150 on the game. Is there something I am missing? How can you lower it from the 150 donut set price?
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • Nixlinx
    126 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    1pillform wrote: »
    I ended up being 2000 Duff beers short of Pyro. Luckily, he only cost 35 donuts.
    **** are u talking about? It says he costs 150 on the game. Is there something I am missing? How can you lower it from the 150 donut set price?

The costs are different for everyone, depending on how many beers you where missing when this act ended. So for some it's only a few Donuts and for some a lot more.
    What's up with Pyro not being assigned with unemployment office?

I noticed this, too. I stopped sending my characters to the bases today but he was the only one I couldn't assign via the unemployment office.
  • I have similar issue with the 4 hour. I think it has to do with his 4 hour task being for gas cans only and not cash. Were you sending 4 hour or other??
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    I have similar issue with the 4 hour. I think it has to do with his 4 hour task being for gas cans only and not cash. Were you sending 4 hour or other??

Yes, 4 hour job.
    When in Doubt, Release The Hounds.
  • Nixlinx
    126 posts Member
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    I have similar issue with the 4 hour. I think it has to do with his 4 hour task being for gas cans only and not cash. Were you sending 4 hour or other??

It was indeed the 4 hour. Haven't thought about that it has to do with the pay out of his task, but I think you're right. Hope it works after the event ends and he switches from gas cans to cash.
  • I havent had a problem with sending him on 1 hour or 8 hour jobs just the 4. So it must indeed be the gas cans. For some odd reason. Cause Eric has a 1 hour job for gas cans and it sends him no problem.